Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Weber Carb Linkage Options?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I am in the market for a new carb linkage. I currently have a hex bar linkage that has seen better days and needs to be replaced. I have dual weber 40 idf's. I have been looking around and haven't found many options. I do not have a lot of money to spend (another kid on the way and three Porsches in the garage).

What are my options for dual carb linkage. I can only spend up to about $150 however my wife would give me less problems if I spent more like $100. Where can I purchase linkages? I have only been able to find them at CB performance?
sean_v8_914
Jake Raby sells a center pull linkage but your budget implies that you are in teh used linkage market where price dictates selection.
tornik550
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 7 2010, 03:07 PM) *

Jake Raby sells a center pull linkage but your budget implies that you are in teh used linkage market where price dictates selection.

Do you have a link to the center pull linkage? I looked on the type 4 store and didn't see it.
try CPI....they have a CSP bellcrank that is under 100 when I purchased last year. I believe it is smoother/better than hex bar. Raby is working on a cable linkage that looks like the best option out there??

Good Luck
sean_v8_914
http://www.mamotorworks.com/acvw?frame=1.6564
tornik550
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 7 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Will this setup work with a 914 dual carbed engine? It appears to be made more for the type 1 engine or similar. Would it matter that the carbs are offset? The price is nice. It would love to get away from the crossbar.

Also, I have jug spacers (engine is about 1 inch wider). Is there a way to compensate for this change with this type of linkage?

Thank you to everybody for your help!
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Feb 7 2010, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 7 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Will this setup work with a 914 dual carbed engine? It appears to be made more for the type 1 engine or similar. Would it matter that the carbs are offset? The price is nice. It would love to get away from the crossbar.

Also, I have jug spacers (engine is about 1 inch wider). Is there a way to compensate for this change with this type of linkage?

Thank you to everybody for your help!

Yes it works if base mounts to case at center case bolt properly...I ran that type before getting the CSP product I mentioned above. Then combined the two products together. I could not use the CSP base with my carb throttle pull locations. It is quite simple and I think it was smoother than a hexbar. A member here sold me one of those used for shipping only...
jmill
Check this thread out: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=linkage
tornik550
I am very interested in one of the CSP types. Does anybody have any pictures installed on a 914? I am curious about the throttle cable.

How does the one in the picture from above mount? Does it mount like the csp type pictured? Hard to tell from the picture.

I am very grateful for everyones responses.

QUOTE(tornik550 @ Feb 7 2010, 06:41 PM) *

I am very interested in one of the CSP types. Does anybody have any pictures installed on a 914? I am curious about the throttle cable.

How does the one in the picture from above mount? Does it mount like the csp type pictured? Hard to tell from the picture.

I am very grateful for everyones responses.

The CSP mounts at back of engine case. The first one would mount in middle of engine case. The CSP needs throttle levers on the same side of carbs. At the rear.

I am using base from first one and bellcrank/rods from CSP. I will try snd find a pic of mine. There was a good pic of the CSP mounted at rear in a thread here somewhere too.
craig downs
Thats a good linkage or you could wait a few months until Jake releases his cable linkage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.