Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where not to BUY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(736conver @ Feb 9 2010, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 9 2010, 01:04 PM) *

As i said before, i'm not a huge fan either, but it will be funny to see how many people that are bitching right now will order stuff on feb. 12th for the sale day. Since his ad is flashing at me right now as I type. biggrin.gif

No what will be funny is all the posts after the sale complaining about the usual AA problems. It happens everytime AA has a sale.

we will see
turboman808
rating system for vendors is a good idea.
6freak
I aint buy`n jack from george .........only cuz i dont have any money
ConeDodger
Oh Oh!!! Are we complaining about vendors? A year or so back, I was surfing the PP site and I noticed that the rear bumper plug that covers the hole in the bumper where the tow hook screws in was available - and cheap! Mine was a little crazed so I thought COOL!!! I ordered it, all by $5 something for the shipping. When it arrived I headed right for the garage thinking I was going to remove that dingy old one and plug in this new one. That was until I got the box open and discovered it was a black plastic plug... Huh??? It is supposed to be chrome! So I called. Oh yea! They said, "do you want to send it back?" At my cost. So, I am out the money to buy it, ship it, and ship it back. Oh hell no. I through that stupid thing out and saved myself $5.

Moral of the story is they are all idiots sometimes. Just work it out with George. He seems like a reasonable guy.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That is because we the largest and most popular supplier of 914 parts and have been over the last 31 years. We sell so much in 914 we are much more likely to make a mistake than anyone else especially with the weird mix we sell.... used new aftermarket factory made up kits WHAT A MESS! 500 good orders one bad one, lets beat up on the guy who has all of the enthusiasm all of the parts and ALL OF THE CARS!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Feb 9 2010, 10:27 AM) *

I actually did give George the benefit of the doubt. He's probably still laughing about that.

Of course every vendor makes mistakes, and with that in mind could I ask a question? Why is it that these threads about AA pop up so regularly? As Andy observed, it's like clockwork. But no similar threads about other vendors. You'd think if the cause was "the internet" that all vendors would be treated equally badly, but it's always Automobile Atlanta. Why is that?

I used to hope that after a few dozen of these threads George would finally figure out how much poor customer service has cost him over the years. But these new threads from people who've been screwed by AA are never ending, pretty much the same I posted ten years ago myself.

I repeat it's great that YOU've had no problems and I hope that's always the case.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 9 2010, 02:36 PM) *

Oh Oh!!! Are we complaining about vendors? A year or so back, I was surfing the PP site and I noticed that the rear bumper plug that covers the hole in the bumper where the tow hook screws in was available - and cheap! Mine was a little crazed so I thought COOL!!! I ordered it, all by $5 something for the shipping. When it arrived I headed right for the garage thinking I was going to remove that dingy old one and plug in this new one. That was until I got the box open and discovered it was a black plastic plug... Huh??? It is supposed to be chrome! So I called. Oh yea! They said, "do you want to send it back?" At my cost. So, I am out the money to buy it, ship it, and ship it back. Oh hell no. I through that stupid thing out and saved myself $5.

Moral of the story is they are all idiots sometimes. Just work it out with George. He seems like a reasonable guy.

We had the chromed plastic ones made after the factory discontinued them and rather supplies a cheap black rubber looking piece of junk they call their supercession.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 9 2010, 02:31 PM) *

What do you need maybe I could make a donation?
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 9 2010, 02:11 PM) *

santa_smiley.gif I could use a set of Gt rockers so I can finally install my steel flares from the first group buy biggrin.gif
Joe Owensby
I have had very good luck in ordering stuff from AA for many years. I have had good service, and complete satisfaction on the only order that was delayed. I think you may have a very small gripe in the order mix up, but trashing them for selling you something that was manufactured closer to your house than Georgia and bitching about the shipping is totally uncalled for. If you were worrying about finding a vendor near your home, you have to do some homework. Any place that sells a wide variety of parts gets them from all over. You bought an item for a specified price, and you should expect to pay shipping from Ga., unless you had other arrangements. You didn't specify where it was manufactured, you have no gripe, and shouldn't expect anything more than you got.

JoeO
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 9 2010, 03:51 PM) *

santa_smiley.gif I could use a set of Gt rockers so I can finally install my steel flares from the first group buy biggrin.gif

Please call me Bob.
pbanders
I've had my 914 since 1982. I've bought parts from many suppliers, AA included. I have rarely had any significant problems, and when issues have come up, I've been able to resolve them with a phone call. I've spoken to George many times (though not recently, as he reminded me in a PM smile.gif) and have always found him to be a wealth of info and reasonable to deal with.

What some people may not realize is how lucky we have it, with all of these vendors still in the game. The date code on my car is 9/69! These cars are over 40 years old! To be able to still find NOS and good used parts with little effort from multiple sources is an incredible luxury. I imagine that owners of other foreign sports cars from the same generation would only be too glad to be in our situation.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 9 2010, 03:30 PM) *

I've had my 914 since 1982. I've bought parts from many suppliers, AA included. I have rarely had any significant problems, and when issues have come up, I've been able to resolve them with a phone call. I've spoken to George many times (though not recently, as he reminded me in a PM smile.gif) and have always found him to be a wealth of info and reasonable to deal with.

What some people may not realize is how lucky we have it, with all of these vendors still in the game. The date code on my car is 9/69! These cars are over 40 years old! To be able to still find NOS and good used parts with little effort from multiple sources is an incredible luxury. I imagine that owners of other foreign sports cars from the same generation would only be too glad to be in our situation.

True dat Brad! Do you know if my brake drums on the rear of my 240Z wear out of spec I must scrounge a junk yard or convert to disc brakes to repair it? The BRAKE DRUMS are NLA!!! This is not a restoration part. It is a wear item expected to wear and be replaced. We have it made in a lot of ways.
underthetire
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 9 2010, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 9 2010, 03:30 PM) *

True dat Brad! Do you know if my brake drums on the rear of my 240Z wear out of spec I must scrounge a junk yard or convert to disc brakes to repair it? The BRAKE DRUMS are NLA!!! This is not a restoration part. It is a wear item expected to wear and be replaced. We have it made in a lot of ways.

And that's why I'm not pissed about Auto Atlanta. Piss and moan to everyone, no one buys stuff, and out of business he goes. Thats not good for ANY[s] of us.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 9 2010, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 9 2010, 03:51 PM) *

Please call me Bob.

Will do George! I will be here all day weds.(Thanks to losing my job today) Will call you then. Thank you Kind Sir! smile.gif
914four
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 9 2010, 04:08 PM) *

That is because we the largest and most popular supplier of 914 parts and have been over the last 31 years. We sell so much in 914 we are much more likely to make a mistake than anyone else especially with the weird mix we sell.... used new aftermarket factory made up kits WHAT A MESS! 500 good orders one bad one, lets beat up on the guy who has all of the enthusiasm all of the parts and ALL OF THE CARS!!!!!!!!!

AutoAtlanta does have added value with free technical support in addition to a variety of new OEM, aftermarket, AutoAtlanta manufactured and used parts. If you are fortunate enough to shop there in person the eye candy is certainly a bonus as well.
Dr Evil
No this shit again headbang.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 9 2010, 04:29 PM) *

agree.gif stromberg.gif hissyfit.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif KMA.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif
bandjoey
PLEASE ADMINS. This needs to go away. Yes, Doctor, Not Again. I have my own reasons not to be an AA customer, but I'm through rehashing old stuff. They do help some people and do have happy campers. This constant bitchen every couple of months by a newbie that drags up old stuff is really getting old. mad.gif I dropped offline at Club because of these same type of posts.

Please block this stuff from happening. piratenanner.gif Set up rules for gripes. blink.gif Some are great and appropriate..."I'm not going to tell who this is but this is what happened, what would you do?" type of posts.

This is a Great Site run by a bunch of Great people. smilie_pokal.gif Let's keep it to stuff like brakes, motors, and engine venting happy11.gif instead.

Mucho Thanks. Bill
proto31
I agree with Elliot, if you need to vent, talk your mom dry.gif This is not supposed to be a place where we tear each other apart. I think we should all appreciate anyone who is willing to start and maintain a business that helps to support our hobby.
Coy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 9 2010, 04:29 PM) *

Serious... start your own dam business and sell what ever you want and see how many people are happy and how many complain. Once you've made the sort of investment that George has made, bitch about whoever you want.

That's all I got...
Dr Evil
I actually feel that people should be able to make public service announcements about poor dealings to be judged by the community that said business is set to serve. What I hate is how this always turns into a bash fest. If you are the primary wronged party, state your case and move on. No one else needs to vote on yay or nay. Then, this thread will show up should anyone wish to search for customer experiences and the searching party can make their own opinion. But, anything past a statement of how the original poster feels pits us against each other and is a waste of fucking electrons.
Sleepin
...this thread pisses me off....gonna go drink some rum and Coke. drunk.gif
underthetire
I know how to get this thread closed...

Jesus was black
Obama is the greatest pres. since Nixon
Women shouldn't drive porsches

Did I leave anything out? Political enough?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 9 2010, 08:33 PM) *

I know how to get this thread closed...

Jesus was black
Obama is the greatest pres. since Nixon
Women shouldn't drive porsches

Did I leave anything out? Political enough?

av-943.gif Well played wink.gif
Sleepin
How racist and sexist can a forum get? I am so ashamed! lol-2.gif
black73
Please block this stuff from happening.

Then what would we do for entertainment? drunk.gif

kconway
QUOTE(736conver @ Feb 8 2010, 09:02 AM) *

Not really a good way to join the 914 world site. Weather or not I agree or disagree with your situation.

welcome.png

agree.gif
Try using the seach function before your third post. bs.gif
scotty b
I swear to all things holy I will NEVER buy anything from Circuit City again....EVER !!!
6freak

idea.gif 2.2 and a side shifter all set and ready to install rolleyes.gif ..but i would settle for a new set of 2.2 p&c`s biggrin.gif ...Thanks George you da man

Mike Crandall
championgt1
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 9 2010, 07:53 PM) *

idea.gif 2.2 and a side shifter all set and ready to install rolleyes.gif ..but i would settle for a new set of 2.2 p&c`s biggrin.gif ...Thanks George you da man

Mike Crandall

lol-2.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 9 2010, 05:30 PM) *

I actually feel that people should be able to make public service announcements about poor dealings to be judged by the community that said business is set to serve. What I hate is how this always turns into a bash fest. If you are the primary wronged party, state your case and move on. No one else needs to vote on yay or nay. Then, this thread will show up should anyone wish to search for customer experiences and the searching party can make their own opinion. But, anything past a statement of how the original poster feels pits us against each other and is a waste of fucking electrons.

I agree absolutely.. There are unsual circumstances where a "NewBIE" comes in as a seller only and is "rip off" "artist" that a member may have had dealings with; and then and only then should a thread like this alert other members the "lurker" is a POTENTIAL "thief" or "con" ect..
davesprinkle
What are the widest tires I can get under stock fenders?
johnnie5
Nice SuperSport, davesprinkle!
oldschool
So why do people dog Motor Meister if they keep getting biger and biger stirthepot.gif
it seems lot everyone hates them,..there doors are still open poke.gif
davesprinkle
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 9 2010, 08:38 PM) *

Nice SuperSport, davesprinkle!

Thanks for the kind words, Johnie5. Here's another pic:
PanelBilly
I'm taking my 2 cent back
Sleepin
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 9 2010, 10:16 PM) *

I'm taking my 2 cent back

You can't have it! It was taxed by the Chancellor in order to pay for another White House party! beerchug.gif lol-2.gif stirthepot.gif
Dr Evil
Not like the RNC in Hawaii poke.gif

(Not looking to get banned, just a thread locked happy11.gif )
Dr Evil
How about some medical terminology education? smile.gif

Chalazion. This one has been recently excised. chowtime.gif

[IMAGE REMOVED BY ADMIN]
Dr Evil
Carbuncle. The inevitable development of a furuncle if left untreated. Nasty.

[IMAGE REMOVED BY ADMIN]
Dr Evil
Aint a party without some necrotizing faciitis.

[IMAGE REMOVED BY ADMIN]
Dr Evil
This one anybody can understand. Compartment syndrome. It happens when your muscles in your leg swell, often due to usage by a person who is normally sedentary, and the swelling cuts off the blood flow into the leg. A fasciotomy is what is pictured. Literally, cutting the fascia of the leg (the packing tape of the leg muscles) and allowing the bulging muscles to poke out of the opening and the dead muscle to drain out over a few days.

[IMAGE REMOVED BY ADMIN]
6freak
OMFG DOC icon8.gif
pete-stevers
seriously doc....
who needs a thread lock ...when you got yerself a thread killer piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
Nothing like mayonnaise knee barf.gif
johnnie5
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 9 2010, 10:57 PM) *

Nothing like mayonnaise knee barf.gif

WTF Mike, that is some gruesome shit!!! Couldn't even bring myself to a 3rd look!
Dr Evil
I have worse in reserve if this thread gets all pissy again stick.gif wink.gif
Tonyiz
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 9 2010, 11:26 AM) *

If you don't like a companys service, then don't do buisness with them again. But if you post complaints about them on a forum like this you sound like a whiney little bitch. hissyfit.gif Man up and take care of your problems like an adult. biggrin.gif

IRONY!
black73
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 10 2010, 01:19 AM) *

I have worse in reserve if this thread gets all pissy again stick.gif wink.gif

How 'bout emailing them to the pissy people instead of making us all sick.
Seriously, that was uncalled for. icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif icon8.gif
BigD9146gt
Hey guys, I obviously don't spend much time here, but was ignoring the thread an option? Or is it mandatory to respond with a whinge about a whinge?

On a second note, thanks evil! those were some fun photos on par with the rest of this whinging mass of 5 pages smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.