Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: san diego welding class/BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sbsix
This would be a great way to spend a few days learning to weld, eating some BBQ and getting some 914 time in. If you have room for one more newbie, please count me in for the sessions.
rd914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 18 2012, 08:01 AM) *

I'll start with welding basic 101 but focus will be specific to welding rusty 914s and rust abatement

im writing a manual to go with it so you can reference it a week later when you attack your rusty 914 project with your new skills and courage.
we will focus on practice. I'll go light on the chalk talk since you will have the reference manual with the chem treatment procedures and what not, suggested tools and materials.

I am interested. Never welded before so covering the fundamentals will be great. Thank you.
siverson
Sure, I'm still interested too...

-Steve
3d914
Sean, if you have a single-day fee also - that would enable those who can't make it for two.

I'm coming over from Tucson, AZ area so not sure this far out if two days are possible - but one for sure.

Thanks for all the prep.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 18 2012, 07:55 AM) *

how many of you would come for a 2 day class?
is $250 reasonable for a 2 day class?

2 days, YES
250 for 2days, YES
Food and bev included for price, YES

Do you have a bunch of welding machines avail? As I've read, the key to weld courage is practice. I'd hope to get a lot of seat, uhhh, weld time! aktion035.gif
sean_v8_914
I would like to do 2 guys per machine
we do need volunteers to bring some extra equipment. I like the idea of different welding machines
need extra goggles for observation, gloves, leathers...
...oh and one more grill

one grill for the slo cook. a brisket and a pork shoulder. the other for burgers and dogs
the vegetarians can handle that grass growing between the fences out back
skaufmann
Bump. hehe
Steve
Did i miss it?? Did everyone learn something??

poke.gif sheeplove.gif popcorn[1].gif chair.gif stirthepot.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.