Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want some info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davidj
First off, I want to say hi to you all. Been lurking about this site for a while and really enjoy it. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I came across some pics of this modified 914 and wanted to know more about it (Do they sell them, how much etc.). Does anyone have any info? Thanks, Dave

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
oldschool
Looks like very little 914 left but I like it. idea.gif
plymouth37
Those pictures circled around the site a year or three ago. I never really found any info on it but with that kind of craftsmanship it has to be a one off.
shoguneagle
I saw these same pictures and really liked the craftmanship. I believe it was shown in a Porsche car show in Southern California. Could be wrong on this this but I believe I saw the pictures on the www.pelicanparts.com board. There may even be some pictures of it in their "Photo Section" or a thread included either under 914 or 911.

Hope this helps.
davidj
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Feb 13 2010, 04:11 AM) *

I saw these same pictures and really liked the craftmanship. I believe it was shown in a Porsche car show in Southern California. Could be wrong on this this but I believe I saw the pictures on the www.pelicanparts.com board. There may even be some pictures of it in their "Photo Section" or a thread included either under 914 or 911.

Hope this helps.

I saw these pics on the PCA site. For such a cool looking car there isnt much info on it. Thanks again, Dave
SirAndy
There are at least one or two threads here about the car from a few years back. I believe some of the so-cal guys know the owner ...

bye1.gif Andy
rick 918-S
It would seem yo me the guy that did that work probably doesn't have much time for playing outside. You don't develop those skills walking around the fair grounds and posting on a BBS. I would like to meet that guy.
scotty b
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 14 2010, 07:13 AM) *

It would seem yo me the guy that did that work probably doesn't have much time for playing outside. You don't develop those skills walking around the fair grounds and posting on a BBS. I would like to meet that guy.

agree.gif 100,000 % smile.gif
76-914
is that a Silver Cloud III behind it? some big bucks here.
pcar916
Wow.
I'd really like to know that it exists. Looks amazing. The last one looks like a photoshop-op. I'm just sayin' beerchug.gif
sean_v8_914
Chris is a prolific master steel fabricator operating out of La Mesa in San Diego CA. he does 356 work for a living. this car has a 500hp 383 chevy stroker in it. He does not frequent the internet. his yard is full of such pcs. the dash and interior are just as bad to the bone amazing.
Katmanken
Car exists.

It was featured in the old VW Porsche mag quite a few years back say late 80's early 90's . Guy built it in his front yard and rolled a lot of the panels over his welding tanks.

It's a bit different now. Basic lines are there but I 'm thinking either the guy continued working on his car or maybe someone else bought the car and modified it more to their liking.

Maybe a photoshop in there. Lots of people in the world that can't design something original on their own can modify somebody elses work when inspired.
davidj
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Feb 14 2010, 07:52 AM) *

Wow.
I'd really like to know that it exists. Looks amazing. The last one looks like a photoshop-op. I'm just sayin' beerchug.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean, there are so many photoshoped pics on the net nowdays its sometimes hard to know whats real or not. But I have seen several pics of this car to know that it is real. aktion035.gif IMHO this is the best looking "modified" 914 I have seen, and maybe with some tweeking could rival some of the more popular "supercars".
plymouth37
Little more info here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=diamond
They really dropped the ball on that interior!
sean_v8_914
here is another one
Katmanken
Looks like the same car but older. The basic bones are the same, but it keeps getting changed.

Front spoiler has been through several versions and the hard roof changed, and somebody liked the sanded metal look.

The textured armor plate interior in one version made me barf.gif
Rod
Cool thread and links from it too!

I love the way the '14 has been used by so many as a supercar platform, why Porsche dropped the mid engined aircooled idea is totally beyond me..
SirAndy
Here's another thread from 2006:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=53213

shades.gif Andy
davidj
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 14 2010, 11:18 AM) *

here is another one
IPB Image

YES!! This pic ROCKS!! aktion035.gif Seeing this car with paint really shows how good the design is. Thanks!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.