Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ground connection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kwtruck
where does ground cable connect at the voltage reg. board ?
ejm
There is no ground cable connected to the relay/voltage regulator board. If you mean the cluster of ground wires coming out of the harness, that goes onto a stud below the board.
kwtruck
there is a single ground cable from the chassis harness to the voltage reg. board area. it is shown on all the ground connection charts but not specific on what it connects to. the voltage reg. board is mentioned in its discription but I cant find a place in that area for attachment.
rnellums
I just ran a lead from the cluster connection ejm is talking about behind the relay board to one of the screws that holds the voltage regulator on. everything seems to work of for me, but I dont have EFI anymore either, maybe that matters.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(rnellums @ Feb 16 2010, 08:27 AM) *

I just ran a lead from the cluster connection ejm is talking about behind the relay board to one of the screws that holds the voltage regulator on. everything seems to work of for me, but I dont have EFI anymore either, maybe that matters.

Congratulations! You've attached a ground lead to plastic! Not gonna be of much use, though.

The Cap'n
76-914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 16 2010, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(rnellums @ Feb 16 2010, 08:27 AM) *

Congratulations! You've attached a ground lead to plastic! Not gonna be of much use, though.

The Cap'n

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
kwtruck
I found it!! A stud on body panel next to relay board covered in undercoating and practicly invisible, especialy someone with poor eyesight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.