Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dad's Early 1970 Project #1140
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sleepin
She is all back together! Dad has some electrical troubleshooting to do on the lights and things.

My hats off to two more of our vendors!

First off Racer Chris and Tangerine Racing! Wow, the pictures really do not do his stainless fuel lines justice! They are truly a work of art, and Chris is a pleasure to deal with!

Secondly Mark of 914rubber.com! Once again I am truly impressed at the quality and craftsmanship of the seals he produces!

And as always, Eric Shea and PMB Performance...very acommodating and helpful! Gotta love it!

All of the vendors have been really awesome throughout this project! I am sure we will be needing more from y'all!
rick 918-S
Details... road test? broken bolt? Trailing arm? WTF.gif lol-2.gif
foofighter
Hey I actually looked at that before you! The guy said he got it in a trade from someone who owed him money. The rear tire incident occured when the tire wasn't bolted on and he decided to drive it.... I got a bad vibe about it so I left.
I hope it works out well for you!

I would love to come by sometime to meet you and see your cars.

-Sean
Sleepin
QUOTE(foofighter @ Mar 13 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Hey I actually looked at that before you! The guy said he got it in a trade from someone who owed him money. The rear tire incident occured when the tire wasn't bolted on and he decided to drive it.... I got a bad vibe about it so I left.
I hope it works out well for you!

I would love to come by sometime to meet you and see your cars.

-Sean

Sean, I think we have talked over the Colorado 914 board. We do need to meet up! beerchug.gif

As far as the broken bolt went, until I can cut that sleeve out of the ear and weld a new one in, I went ahead and tapped the sleeve for a larger bolt. Seems to be working fine. (we will see if they can get an alignment on it or not.)

Adjusted the shifter, and Dad took official possesion of the car last night. Now I am only a weekend mechanic for his car, not a full time mechanic! lol-2.gif

Can anyone reccommend a good book to learn about Weber IDF's? I grew up with simple injected cars! biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Sleepin
IPB Image
rick 918-S
Nice! clap56.gif
Sleepin
We were able to take all three cars down to Gateway today! A lot of fun! It was like having a mini event!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Sleepin
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.