Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Setting up to bench test 2.0 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I have built an engine stand for my 1973 2.0 engine. I'm in the process of trying to wire everything up to start the motor. Can anyone help me out with the what wires I need to supply power to the control module?
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This photo show a small group of wires that plugs onto the module and then to (I think various locations on the engine). Looks like a pair goes to the back-up switch on the transmission, but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Joe ( The Newbie to the 914 world)
detoxcowboy
I am unsure whihc year 2.0 you have and which harnesses your trying to reconnect but at the bottom of this link you will see link to all the harnesses and all the style's with diagram of which wire leads to which componet from the "module"? by module I am assuming you mean the relay board?

by the jump wire on your ignition harness I am going to gues you have a '74 2.0 or 75-76

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/
detoxcowboy

Click to view attachment

There you go 73-76 ignition harness! click the pic 2 times to see it better..
LotusJoe
I'm unable to get that link to work. Think maybe the site is gone??? But thanks for the input
LotusJoe
Thanks detoxcowboy for the drawing. That takes care of the engine side of things. Now all I need to know is which pins on the relay board need power so I can start the engine up.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Feb 18 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I'm unable to get that link to work. Think maybe the site is gone??? But that for the input

start here.. http://members.rennlist.com/914_wiring_harnesses/

or you can google jeff bowlsby wire harness and you will find it.. jeff is a member here whom amoung many attributes makes and sell wire harness for all 914's.. excellent quaility highly recomended.. therre is your pitch Jeff you pictures your handiwork, i just cut and paste baby..
LotusJoe
Thanks, I got the link to work. Now I only need a diagram of the 14 pin connector on the relay board. I sent Jeff an email for the information. Hopefully he has laid that one out. His work look outstanding. I'm definitively, going to use his service when it comes time for the car to go back together.

Thanks again
Cap'n Krusty
Or you could just look at the factory wiring diagrams over on the Pelican Parts site ............

The Cap'n
type47
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 19 2010, 07:18 AM) *

factory wiring diagrams over on the Pelican Parts site ...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm
jcd914
Here is what I have for the 14 pin connector for the Relay Panel.

1 - Power in from starter switch
2 - Power/ground for Alternator light
3 -
4 -
5 - From Oil Press Light
6 -
7 - Signal to Tach
8 - Power in from Ignition switch
9 - To Heater Fan Switch
10 - To Main Ground
11 - Power out to Heater Fan
12 - Power in from Battery
13 - Power out to Fuel Pump
14 - Power in from Battery

Jim

LotusJoe
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 19 2010, 09:13 AM) *

Here is what I have for the 14 pin connector for the Relay Panel.

1 - Power in from starter switch
2 - Power/ground for Alternator light
3 -
4 -
5 - From Oil Press Light
6 -
7 - Signal to Tach
8 - Power in from Ignition switch
9 - To Heater Fan Switch
10 - To Main Ground
11 - Power out to Heater Fan
12 - Power in from Battery
13 - Power out to Fuel Pump
14 - Power in from Battery

Jim

Thanks Jim, that's exactly what I was looking for. Now I can finish the wiring for the engine stand.
LotusJoe
I have made a diagram of the pins I think need to be connected in order to start the engine. Does this look correct?
Click to view attachment
LotusJoe
Thanks to all who responded on this thread. The engine is completely wired and running on the bench. Engine seems to run strong even after having sat for almost 10 years. Starts right up, idles good, good throttle response.

Again thanks to everyone. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.