Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 speedometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914coop
Looking to install a Geety Dash with the 911 gauge cluster, Found a set of 911 gauges for this however the speedometer is a electronic model. I have seen the sensor assembly sold on eBay however I have no idea if it will work on my 914 or how to mount it. Wondering if anyone else has did this?
gopack
As far as I know, the 911 and the 914 speedos are the same size. I just transfered my 914 speedo into the Getty dash. I have pics somewhere, but damn if I can find them! EDIT: tach and speedo from my 914
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914coop @ Feb 20 2010, 11:27 AM) *

Looking to install a Geety Dash with the 911 gauge cluster, Found a set of 911 gauges for this however the speedometer is a electronic model. I have seen the sensor assembly sold on eBay however I have no idea if it will work on my 914 or how to mount it. Wondering if anyone else has did this?

Not worth going through the tremendous hassle of rigging an electronic speedo unless you have a 915 gearbox converted into a 914 with wevo or vellious rear cover shift rod conversion. Then you would have to install magnets on the ring gear and drill a hole in the side of the cover and glue in a magnetic pickup!!!!! just use the angle drive and the cable and the original 914 instrument.
marks914
Yes, I would either use the stock speedo or use a programmable electronic one like we make. The stock 911 speedo will not be accurate.
Mark
914coop
QUOTE(marks914 @ Feb 20 2010, 01:06 PM) *

Yes, I would either use the stock speedo or use a programmable electronic one like we make. The stock 911 speedo will not be accurate.
Mark

How much is your programmable electronic speedometer? Any where I can see pictures and get details?
Steve
QUOTE(914coop @ Feb 20 2010, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(marks914 @ Feb 20 2010, 01:06 PM) *

Mark

How much is your programmable electronic speedometer? Any where I can see pictures and get details?

The link with pricing is in his thread.
www.newvintageusa.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.