Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK. Laugh if you want
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I don't know how deep the oil is inside the pan, above the push rods. Do I drain the oil before changing push rod tube seals or unnecessary? Logic says yes, but the experts say - - -
pinch.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 26 2010, 04:46 PM) *

I don't know how deep the oil is inside the pan, above the push rods. Do I drain the oil before changing push rod tube seals or unnecessary? Logic says yes, but the experts say - - -
pinch.gif

NO
bandjoey
With a resounding NO, that's good enough for me! biggrin.gif Thanks
KaptKaos
Is the engine out of the car? On an engine stand perhaps?
bandjoey
Tall jackstands. I've pulled off all the heater parts except the heat exchangers, and it looks ok to do in the car.

Q? I plan to blow out each tube hole with compressed air before pulling it out, and then clean the area with a lint free rag before reinstalling the tube. Viton seals...just use motor oil on the new seal when installing?
McMark
Nope. cool.gif
Dave_Darling
Just oil on the seals, yes. Clean up the bores in the heads and the case, yes. Make sure there are no ridges to cut the seals.

--DD
sww914
I'd recommend a bit of brakleen or carb cleaner on the outside (engine outside, the grimy part) of either end of the tubes before you pull them out, too.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sww914 @ Feb 26 2010, 06:56 PM) *

I'd recommend a bit of brakleen or carb cleaner on the outside (engine outside, the grimy part) of either end of the tubes before you pull them out, too.

agree.gif

And don't use chopsticks!
shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.