Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ds1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but have been poking around here and there for a little while. I picked up a 1976 914 about a month ago, its in Tulsa Oklahoma right now, but I am in Syracuse NY (my brother checked it out and is storing it for me for now). A little background on myself: I'm 16, my family has always been a big car family. My first car was a 1984 944 that I bought when I was 15, then I sold it and started a small buisiness (anyone play guitar or bass?) with the money from the car. But, I love Porsche's and miss the 944 so I grabbed this 914 as soon as it came up!

It seems to be generally quite clean as far as rust goes (I haven't seen the car in person yet), but the two issues we know of are the linkage seems to be going, and the alternator needs to be replaced or rebuilt. Since the car is already in Tulsa, I'm going to have John Reeves of Speedsportz give it a look through. Is there anything else I should add to the list while he is going through it?

Pictures and vin will be posted soon, Im at school right now (lol).
rick 918-S
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif My son is a bassist. Post a link your stuff. tunez.gif rock_band.gif
Gint
welcome.png Check out the Adding Pictures to Your Post FAQ thread.
pcar916
welcome.png Do you mean the shift linkage? If so that's common. Your mechanic should give you a list of everything you need to do. Let us know!

Glad to have you onboard!
ddot914
Welcome welcome.png
I am new to the web site/forum also. I live about one hour away from Tulsa, Ok. There is one other active member in Tulsa "vsq914". I think he has more than one.
You will find as I did that this web site is great for tech help from other member that have gone through the same stuff and for outsourciing parts. Everyone has been real helpful with my few posts that I have made. I just bought my first 914 (1975 model) a few months ago and have been slowly digging in on it. Good luck.
My pics are under the Blog section "ddot914".
tod914
Welcome, and have him inspect inside the gas tank for rust, and also all of the fuel lines (including the ones under the tank).
Cupomeat
Welcome,

There are some members on this forum from Syracuse NY as well as OK.

Enjoy your car and good luck with the Guitar/Bass business.
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif driving.gif
Socalandy
welcome.png drunk.gif
736conver
welcome.png
rallysport70
welcome.png I am from Albany and been following this site for a little while. Good people, lots of info. I have tried to contact some members from surrounding area (Syracuse, go Orange!) but have been unsuccessful so far. I have lived in Rochester and Auburn, and frequently pass through Syracuse on my way to my sister's in Sodus Pt. I would love to check out the car sometime when you get it home.

Good Luck!
jcambo7
welcome.png Congrats on your new purchase. Welcome to the addiction.
carr914
welcome.png Go ORANGEMEN - #1 NCAA Hoops
Ds1
Hey thanks alot, thats quite the welcome! My website is www.thehighstudio.com. Theres always deals for fellow forum-ers! Here come pics:Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmenti
d=208958]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Ds1
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 3 2010, 07:05 PM) *

Go ORANGEMEN - #1 NCAA Hoops

I like this place already! biggrin.gif

Oh and ddot914, if you need work done (that you cant do yourself) I highly recommend John Reeves. He used to be the only Gambella dealer in the US, and had the only Porsche dealership in Tulsa back in the day. Besides that he is a credited race driver, and one of the 944 factory drivers. Interesting dude, and really knows his stuff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.