Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling Dr. Evil... How di I get this pin out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
How does this pin come out? I'm working on a cable shifter and want to machine a new arm.

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
With a punch!

We did it at the clinic on mine!
bigkensteele
It is your standard roll pin. Just clamp it down in a vice and use a drift or punch to drive it out. The hardest part is finding the most appropriate way to get it in the vice, as the assembly is somewhat awkward.
Dr Evil
Yup, what they said smile.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 4 2010, 08:10 PM) *

Yup, what they said smile.gif

I am but one of the Doc's grasshoppas....
EdwardBlume
As a witness to said clinic, put some arm into punching it out...
Katmanken
Looking at the rust and pits on the arm and shaft, I'd start with a lot of PB blaster or other penetrant. Removing the shaft from the arm will be the next bit of fun if the shaft is corroded. The parts are machined to have a tight (no slop) fit and the diameter increase from the rust might prevent/ inhibit removal. Save the roll pin, it's a not easy to find that size and has extra coils for strength

Just don't do like my DAPO and use a drywall screw as a roll pin replacement blink.gif
Crazyhippy
Anyone have an extra arm like that floating around? i could use one piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
I may have one. PM me to remind me and I will look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.