Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 1.7 fuel injection help!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pt_700
my 1.7 quit on me a few weeks ago. i have spark (seems a bit weak) and some fuel pressure in the lines. i understand fuel pressure should be around 29-30 but, i only get about 20 @ the port and the regulator's already all the way up. i removed an injector and cranked the engine but, no fuel came out. any ideas?
benalishhero
Trigger points?
Bleyseng
New fuel filter? fuel lines pinched? Old worn out fuel pump?
Frost
Im having a no start/fuel problem with my 914 too, i wonder how yours is going to play out and if it might be the same problem as mines.
pbanders
I'm guessing a dead fuel pump. Follow instructions on the Pelican Parts web site to check the fuel pumping volume. Look for an article in the 914 section by Kjell N.
pt_700
thanks for all the tips! i poured a little fuel into the intake after removing the air cleaner and it fired right up momentarily so, i'm sure it's a lack of fuel keeping her from starting. although there's very little mention of it in my 3 crummy shop manuals, i'm suspecting the trigger points in the distributor. am i correct in guessing these trigger the fuel injectors? i have about 20 lbs of pressure in the fuel lines.
904svo
don't forget to check the ground wires on the back of the engine..
pbanders
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Mar 6 2010, 02:19 PM) *

thanks for all the tips! i poured a little fuel into the intake after removing the air cleaner and it fired right up momentarily so, i'm sure it's a lack of fuel keeping her from starting. although there's very little mention of it in my 3 crummy shop manuals, i'm suspecting the trigger points in the distributor. am i correct in guessing these trigger the fuel injectors? i have about 20 lbs of pressure in the fuel lines.

While it could be the trigger contact points, with only 20 psig of fuel pressure and the regulator wide-open, I suspect your fuel pump. A good fuel pump is capable of over 60 psig of pressure and has to be regulated down to 30 psig.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.