Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch Automotive Tradition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
As I mentioned in another thread, make sure to check out the Bosch Automotive Traditions web site at:

http://www.automotive-tradition.com/en/start/index.htm

It's not cheap, but many hard-to-find parts are available there. They will also rebuild your AAR and MPS for you with Bosch parts, and calibrated to Bosch standards. No idea of how much that costs (think "expensive"). Just saw where they are selling the trigger contact points that George Hussey said Bosch is discontinuing from their regular product line. They also have all three types of fuel injectors.
jk76.914
Just got my quote back from Herr Klumpp. See below.

Jim

(cut and pasted from email below)

Hello, Jim!

I have an update: We will be able to refurbish the MPS on the 1st of April - and this is no April fool hoax. ;-)

Price will be 349 EUR for your MPS, 19% sales tax are included. Be aware that you may have to pay duty fee. If interested, please send your defective MPS (including accompanying letter) to my hands:

Robert Bosch GmbH
Matthias Klumpp (AA/ATR)
Auf der Breit 4
76227 Karlsruhe
Germany

I will then forward the MPS to our plant which does the refurbishing. They will check whether the MPS is repairable or not. If not you will get your MPS back without any costs. If it's repairable you need to pay the refurbishing costs by buying an eBay item and paying it via PayPal or bank transfer. Once repaired I will do a last quick check on it and forward it back to you. Transportation will be done with TNT Express to keep transportation times as low as possible.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Matthias Klumpp

Robert Bosch GmbH
Automotive Tradition (AA/ATR2)
Postfach 41 09 60
76225 Karlsruhe
GERMANY
http://www.bosch.com
http://www.automotive-tradition.de
http://stores.ebay.de/Bosch-Klassik-Teilevermittlung

Telefon: +49 721 942-1660
Fax: +49 721 942-2000
Automotive-Tradition@de.bosch.com

http://www.automotive-tradition.com/de/newsletter/index.htm

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: noreply@kittelberger.de [mailto:noreply@kittelberger.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 11:50
An: Automotive -Tradition (AA/ATR)
Betreff: 1:1 Instandsetzung - Air-flow sensor, Kelly, James

Anrede: Mr.
Name: Kelly
Vorname: James
E-Mail-Adresse: jkelly2973@comcast.net
Erzeugnis: Air-flow sensor
Teilenummer: 0 280 100 049
Nachricht:

Please quote 1:1 remanufacturing for this MPS for 1976 Porsche 914 2.0. Thank you.
tod914
I wonder what they consider repairable and non repairable. If a broken diaphram falls into the repairable catagory, $500.00 is better than $1300.00
pbanders
Did you see any kind of warranty on this work from Bosch?
jk76.914
QUOTE(pbanders @ Mar 11 2010, 11:32 PM) *

No. I will reply with two questions- 1. warranty. 2. is broken diaphram considered reparaible.

He responds very quickly. I'll may have an answer by tonight.
jk76.914
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Mar 12 2010, 06:05 AM) *

QUOTE(pbanders @ Mar 11 2010, 11:32 PM) *

No. I will reply with two questions- 1. warranty. 2. is broken diaphram considered reparaible.

He responds very quickly. I'll may have an answer by tonight.

Got an "out of office" reply from Matthias. He took today off. So we won't hear until Monday.
Jim
johannes
Buy an item on ebay ?

WOW a Bosch shop on ebay ?

http://stores.shop.ebay.de/Bosch-Klassik-T...g__W0QQ_armrsZ1
johannes
All the 914 parts on this shop

http://stores.shop.ebay.de/Bosch-Klassik-T...;LH_TitleDesc=1
914Sixer
The prices are absurd in my opinion for the parts listed on ebay. Fuel pressure regulators are still under $40 from my sources. 1.7, 1.8 fuel injectors are under $50 right now and on sale.
ericread
QUOTE(johannes @ Mar 12 2010, 04:15 AM) *

The eBay page is writen in some crazy language!!! I can't understand a thing that's written. idea.gif You'd think Bosche would know how to write an eBay ad in a civilized language!!!

laugh.gif
Katmanken
That's sacrilage- admitting that you can't read the language of the German Elves that built our beloved 914 ...

I can't either, but google translator does.
914four
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 12 2010, 06:46 AM) *

The prices are absurd in my opinion for the parts listed on ebay. Fuel pressure regulators are still under $40 from my sources. 1.7, 1.8 fuel injectors are under $50 right now and on sale.

What are your sources?
krazykonrad
Thanks for posting this! This will be great resource for those hard-to-find parts.

Konrad
jk76.914
Got my reply from Matthias:

Hello, Jim!

At present we check the coil and the aneroid capsule. If both are okay we assume that they won't fail - otherwise we won't be able to refurbish the MPS. We definitely exchange the diaphragm.

You know we are starting with this process now. If we find out that coil and capsule do fail very often we will search for a solution.

Woops, forgot about the warranty. Warranty is given as it would be a new part.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Matthias Klumpp

tod914
That's great news. At least there is a source for the diaphrams.
Brett W
So I see that BOsch will fix the parts, but what is the point beyond keeping an archaic FI design operational? For the price of keeping the Djet alive you could move to a more modern digital fuel injection system that would make more power, be more drivable, and give better emissions. Plus parts are much cheaper.
JeffBowlsby
That line of thinking is a distoration, a misconception and misleading for most 914 owners. If you are customizing a race car or doing 914s as hobby in your free time or have some extreme performance goals, then thats a different matter. To each his own.

Realistically, price out a complete install of a good quality, time proven modern EFI system - everything included, the research and tuning to make it work, the hardware changes, the new components you need to buy, and to fabricate the adaptations...and include the market value of your time. You will discover it is in the $1000s of dollars. A $300. MS box that you assemble yourself is not the end of the story. When the 'updated' EFI install breaks, you need to fix it yourself, no one else will want to touch it. Where is the benefit of that?

Compare that to just maintaining the stock D-Jet. Each part is available somewhere, and lasts a long time. A few hundred dollars now and then for a worn out part, is not unreaslistic in the long run. I have driven a stock D-jet 2.0L for 12 years now. Daily, with no problems and very little attention or maintenance. I can even send it to a shop if needed..its a simple system.

The only reason to change to a newer EFI is if the D-Jet parts sources completely dry up or if you have some other performance needs that the stock D-jet cannot handle.

QUOTE(Brett W @ Mar 18 2010, 06:56 AM) *

So I see that BOsch will fix the parts, but what is the point beyond keeping an archaic FI design operational? For the price of keeping the Djet alive you could move to a more modern digital fuel injection system that would make more power, be more drivable, and give better emissions. Plus parts are much cheaper.
bcaschera
just an FYI , I recently visited HPhouse in Redwood city Ca. The owner; Rich Bontempi has been building and restoring 914 since they were new and has an UN-EFFING_REAL amount of OE parts in stock. I recommend giving him a call for any stock FI parts. He ships and is more than willing to give advise, when i stopped by the shop a couple of weeks ago he gave me a full tour of his three story FULLY stocked warehouse, I cant even think of a part i did not see or hear him mention was down some isle. Great Resourse for any Porsche part.

High Performance House
(650) 364-6234
2431 Spring st.
Redwood City Ca 94063
HighPerformanceHouse.com

Check it out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.