Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help get a Motorized Chair & Van for Korijo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
djm914-6
Well guys and gals,
When I posted the ebay auction (page 2 of this thread) I had expected a little more money than my normal going rate, but I never expected it to take off like it had. As of a few minutes ago the auction is at $76 with 9 days 2+ hours to go. That's noce to see but...

Here is the surprising part. I got an email from someone outside the Porsche world who wrote this...
4/7 5pm est
"I was just thumbing through some stuff on eBay and saw your auction...and went to the link to your club. I wouldn't mind sending a small donation for your friend with ALS and telling others about it as well...BUT I seem to be blinded as to what the e-mail address should be when sending payment through PayPal. Could you please send me the e-mail addy?
Thanks,
Anita"
4/8 3:03am est
"Not trying to be a pest....but the top yellow PayPal logo doesn't link to PayPal. The one on the bottom of the page does though. smile.gif I am sending your link out to many.....hope you "hear" from them!
Anita"

To all the kind hearted people in this world... pray.gif
dagdal1967
WOW.. that is amazing!

It really does prove that there are some fantastic people in this world!
dagdal1967
AND........

I keep getting outbid for the bloody t-shirt! I'll keep trying!

tongue.gif

Dougie
Jeroen
If we can keep this snowballing like it is now, Dave will be on the cover of the next issue of Excellence Magazine biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
dagdal1967
Vegas...

Love the license plate! LOL.. PERFECT!

Really made me laugh.

Hand in there Korijo... Looks like we'll be there in no time!

biggrin.gif

Dougie
Kurt V
Can't believe you 914 guys are going to let us 911 guys outbid you on the charity auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=ADME:B:LC:US:1 (I'm kvalent and the next highest bidder also owns a 911, "oldskate") If I win I am going to have a painting of my Carrera put on the shirt and send it to Korijo to wear every time he goes to a 914 event!

Current bid US $111.64
djm914-6
Kurt,
Since you post as much on 914 boards as you do 911 boards, when will you sell that tail dragger of yours and buy the better handling car (a 914!)?

Over $100 for a shirt!?! I will be very nervous painting that one. I had better brush up on my skills. (Pun intended)
Kurt V
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Apr 8 2003, 06:19 AM)
Over $100 for a shirt!?! I will be very nervous painting that one. I had better brush up on my skills. (Pun intended)

You are probably very nervous now. Oldskate just outbid me! The bid is now at $152.00. I hate to lose so I doubt it will stay at $152.00 for long!
Brad Roberts
DJM,

The email address is: sales@all914.com. PayPal wouldnt let me setup a third account for donations.

B
seanery
Hey Kurt,

You 911 guys are more "Wine & Cheese" type people than us teeners, you guys may have scared a lot of us off?
Maybe if we pool our money all us 914 guys could outbid one of you 911 guys! wacko.gif

Just kidding, let's go guys, keep up the bidding!
JRust
Hey Dave I checked on that van again. I made a mistake on the wheelchair lift. She has an assisted living for the elderly. She just uses the fold up wheelchairs & puts them in back. I don't know where I got the idea in my head it had the lift. Sorry about that! wink.gif
Aaron Cox
Hang in there dude! after you get the chair and the van, you gotta have a party, invite the "wine and cheese crowd" and the "Maccaroni and Cheese" crowd. laugh.gif

as to a van- what sorta van (give me some specifics) you want? I can keep my eyes open. are we talking a vanagon biggrin.gif a dodge caravan, a ram van, a hippie van tongue.gif ...what man? we
gotta know what to keep our eyes out for in the papers!
Bruce Allert
I'm waiting for a call from a contact that builds these vans specific to the needs of the person here in Portland. He has some used vans available too.
Charlie (part owner of) Performance Mobility is in a chair himself. He also races a VW Rabbit with hand controls. At least that's what he raced a few years back when I needed a car top carrier for my wifes chair. I'll see what he has & what prices we're looking at. The more eyes open to what's out there..... beerchug.gif
bruce
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(acox914 @ Apr 8 2003, 10:39 AM)
Hang in there dude! after you get the chair and the van, you gotta have a party, invite the "wine and cheese crowd" and the "Maccaroni and Cheese" crowd. laugh.gif

as to a van- what sorta van (give me some specifics) you want? I can keep my eyes open. are we talking a vanagon biggrin.gif  a dodge caravan, a ram van, a hippie van tongue.gif ...what man? we
gotta know what to keep our eyes out for in the papers!

Something like this Euro or a Vanagon. Something in our budget...
Or this Dreamin' driving.gif

Edit: Prefer Auto for the wife
Brad Roberts
3300$ as of 5pm... and this is before my 500$ from "Muellers6" Getting it ready to go... as we speak.

B
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 8 2003, 04:07 PM)
3300$ as of 5pm... and this is before my 500$ from "Muellers6" Getting it ready to go... as we speak.

B

HOLY SHIT!! Gettin' all emotinal (again) wink.gif Thanks to all... pray.gif
Hawk
My pleasure to help you Dave. That 914 addiction is a blessing of itself.
You are all one heck of a great crowd, guys!
Gint
Allright, I'm in.

Hey Dave,

Don't go pullin a Mueller on that new chair!
Bruce Allert
Korijo, I'm going to Performance Mobility where an aquaintence has & builds vans with chair lifts. They asked if I could get your seated heigth measurement so we could best understand the size van you'd be looking at. Email me at ballert@guidedogs.com with that info please. I'll be going around 130. I'll also get pics & post em.
bruce
rick 918-S
Hey B,
When you check to pay pal history you may see a few donations from the BMW community. I posted a link to this thread on a couple of BMW Boards I surf. Great bunch of guy's. I hope they help.
Brad Roberts
Thanks Rich,

I have noticed quite a few names/email addresses that I didnt recognize flowing in.

We will get there. The flow has slowed, but it is still coming in.

B
rick 918-S
I guessed the flow had slowed. I think it's time for idea's for phase II. I think everyone should go paste a link to this thread on other boards they visit. There are a lot of non 914 car guy's out there that would get behind this. We've seen them coming from the 911 boards, and others. Everyone post a link someplace over the next two days and lets see if the flow increases.
Bruce Allert
Hmmmm, good idea. I'll post one on the TUG board. That's a bbs where thousands of timeshare people gather to gab.
bruce
ChrisReale
I have posted a few places a swell, and one has been "locked" Fuck em. They are worried that it will promote "beggers" to ask for money to pay for debts. I thought they would understand, but everything is peachy on their forum, so why would they want to be made aware of someone else's problem? mad.gif
Really, it makes me sad because i thought they were better people than that...
tryan
what do you have when you have a party with 6 women with yeast infections and 6 with pms.

a whine and cheeze party.

blink.gif
rick 918-S
ChrisReale and all, I had a much better response so far. The BMW boards I posted on have left the request up. I received some very nice email asking for B's address. I guess I should have made it part of my post. Not everyone will warm up to this. All we can do is ask. Lets see if we can come up with a few other angles. I'm too far away to help any other way.
rick 918-S
Hey Bruce, Go and edit your first post on this thread and ad B's adress and instructions for the pay pal info.

Also add the family info you and B sent to us in the email so people not familier with Dave and his family can read about him.

It will make it easier for non 914 visitors not interested in reading all the chat to get the info they need to make a donation.
Dave Cawdrey
Rich,
Where is the BMW thread? PP? I just want to reply w/ some thanks smile.gif
rick 918-S
I posted on the E12 and 2002 BBS on roadfly.com site.
Also on the E12 (I have a 1977 530I) http://www.firstfives.org./

Like I said, The message hasn't been taken down yet. But I'm watching them. Not everyone is as receptive to this type of thing. I'm just glad to help. Thanks,
Bruce Allert
Rich...
'tis done wavey.gif
bruce
Bruce Allert
Chris, I did a post on a timeshare site last night and got a couple negative responces within15 minutes. I even put the links to the web sites and the initial post. It was regarded as a scam. I replied to all of their negativity with friendly responces hoping to sway them. I actually turned one guy around and he let out that he had a 944! and lived in Seattle. I think I could have gotten him to come to the breakfast and help with a work party to get Daves car a little further along but the post was deleted so....
Oh well, they will never know the good feelings we all are having now being part of this "brotherhood".
bruce beerchug.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Yea, anyone want to "practice" on my rig, come on by...

Just stripped rear trunk and front w.wells. Getting ready to cut holes for sway bar. Plenty of stuff to practice on smash.gif
rhodyguy
a work party. that's a fun idea. like a bunch of ants running around w/ 10,13,15,17mm wrenches and sockets. bruce instead of debating w/the dopes you should have just directed them here. dave, hate to ask such a pointed question. how much time do you have to still drive your car?

kevin
Bruce Allert
Kevin, I posted the site and thread several times but with narrow minded people you have tunnel vision! Oh well.... rolleyes.gif
bruce
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 11 2003, 05:31 AM)
a work party. that's a fun idea. like a bunch of ants running around w/ 10,13,15,17mm wrenches and sockets. bruce instead of debating w/the dopes you should have just directed them here. dave, hate to ask such a pointed question. how much time do you have to still drive your car?

kevin

Not much. AX would work cause no traffic. I can drive, just choose not to. I can drive better than walk, go figure driving.gif
Brad Roberts
I know what I would have said when they said "Scam"

"Do I sound like I'm from South Africa and have a large sum of money to put into your bank account" ??

I would have gone off on them.

B
seanery
Have you guys checked this lately!?!
Dave's Shirt Auction

$405 as of 4/12 Noon Eastern.

Unbelievable! I had to bow out when it got past my $209.14. I'm way, way, way amazed!
Good Job Dave and those continuing to bid! mueba.gif
rick 918-S
That's impressive and amazing. Very nice. boldblue.gif
Jeroen
W O W ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

cheers,

Jeroen
Dave Cawdrey
Hard to believe all this fuss over li'l ol' me...

Thanks again, people pray.gif
seanery
Since Dave's Shirt Auction is going so well, I've decided to put one of the very few (6) 914World.com poster for auction.
Poster Auction

I don't have any dreams that we'll get as much $$ as the shirt, but bid it up guys!
rick 918-S
Do the poster auction again next month too. My wife cut me off for 30 days. She put our trip to Monteray on the American Express. Need to catchup. I want one of those posters for the hobby shop. It will be a great conversation piece. I want to bid one that is for the van fund. BTW I have my posters framed.
rick 918-S
Can't edit and add an attachment. Here's one of my posters. This is a proto type Viper. This poster was done by the Chrysler Promo Dept. 1 per dealership issued. Not sold to the pubic as far as I know. I got it from the parts manager at a dealership I used to use alot as a perk. Very rare. Bad photo sorry...
You should use the Limited Edition Signed poster as part of the auction. Dave use to be sponsered. Dave are you able to write yet?
seanery
I like the headers coming out the vents.
I don't think the production cars did that did they?
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 13 2003, 07:23 PM)
Can't edit and add an attachment. Here's one of my posters. This is a proto type Viper. This poster was done by the Chrysler Promo Dept. 1 per dealership issued. Not sold to the pubic as far as I know. I got it from the parts manager at a dealership I used to use alot as a perk. Very rare. Bad photo sorry...
You should use the Limited Edition Signed poster as part of the auction. Dave use to be sponsered. Dave are you able to write yet?

Cant write no more, but I can sign something smile.gif
rick 918-S
The poster is of the proto type car. four square head lights per side and non production chrome side exhaust. Just posted it for an example. The first run 914 posters could have something unique. And Dave could sign one or something? confused24.gif Hey just tossing it out there. Just floating a trial balloon. (always wanted to say that one) lol2.gif
seanery
As of 1:45 the poster is $102. Amazing....keep it up guys!!!
JRust
Yah I bid on the sucker up to a $100. Hope it keeps going biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Seanery,

Post a new thread. I'm betting half the club doesnt know this is on EBAY.

I didnt know until this evening.

B
JWest
Here you go:
Shifter auction
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.