Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riviera lug seat shape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
wheel lug mating surface shape and where did you get the proper lugs?
Sleepin
Most are conical. I just bought a set of bolts from Prestige Wheel http://www.prestigewheel.com/Image204211c.asp it may be a little more expensive than other sites, but the measurements and graphs on their site impressed me.
Cap'n Krusty
All ball, no taper ........................ The Cap'n
EdwardBlume
Aren't there different Rivs between Bug and 914... I picked up an odd one years ago...
DanT
pretty sure the ones I picked up are cone seat and bug offset....
4" backspace maybe 4.25 at most....good thing the fenders on the '75 I am doing will be slightly pulled smile.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 14 2010, 08:31 PM) *

4" backspace maybe 4.25 at most....good thing the fenders on the '75 I am doing will be slightly pulled smile.gif

Yes, exactly... the offset is a little wider.. CWs be damned! Did you find a muffler yet?
DanT
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 14 2010, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 14 2010, 08:31 PM) *

Yes, exactly... the offset is a little wider.. CWs be damned! Did you find a muffler yet?

check out my retro '75 thread....Mike had a Monza that looks very retro...but I still want to pick up the one you offered....might use it just for AXs since it is only a 10 minute change from street to AX. smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 14 2010, 08:18 PM) *

wheel lug mating surface shape and where did you get the proper lugs?

Dan - IIRC the lugs on the original Rivs like I posted on your built topic post used the same semi-spherical base (1/2 round/ball) as the other 4 lug factory alloys (Fuchs, Mahles, Pedrinis). I don't know if those repop Rivs of yours use conical or semi-spherical base> Look at the shape of the countersink in the Rivs you'll be using.

Both types are available in chrome from vendors on TheSamba, but get the ones with the +/- 1/4"-1/2" lag or non-threaded space below the head to avoid chewing up the inside of the lug holes in the wheels. ... that's how folks get oval lug holes in alloy wheels over time! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.