Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB clean early (pre-vent) upper dash pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porbmw

WTB clean early (pre-vent) upper dash pad
boxstr
Do you mean the knee pad with no vents??
Craig at CAMP
Lennies914
I don't believe there is a difference in the upper dash. I put one out of a '70 on my '74. I do still have the lower knee pad if that is needed.
gms
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Mar 16 2010, 06:27 PM) *

I don't believe there is a difference in the upper dash. I put one out of a '70 on my '74. I do still have the lower knee pad if that is needed.

The dash pad was changed because of the glovebox, it was wider on the 1970-71 cars
boxstr
The early 70 models have a vent in the middle of the upper dash, but it is built into the metal part of the dash not the pad.
Craig at CAMP
914ltd
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 16 2010, 05:23 PM) *

The early 70 models have a vent in the middle of the upper dash, but it is built into the metal part of the dash not the pad.
Craig at CAMP

As Glen stated, the early dash top #914 552 031 10 was used with the wider glove box, if you use 914 552 031 12 you can only partially open the glove box door. You would need to cut away part of the underside of the dash to work properly. Brad M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.