Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To flare or not to flare
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
MoveQik
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 16 2010, 09:00 PM) *

I dont think I will go beyond a 3.0 so I can use the webers and keep from cutting up to front of the car for oil coolers.

First of all Andy, you know I'm no expert but it looks like just adding flares won't be enough. You are gonna need the rest of the fenders too. biggrin.gif

I say flare it. You have a great narrow bodied car and like others have said, anything you do won't be original to this car anyways.

One other thing...I have *heard* rumors that you can put a 3.2 in a car fairly easily without cutting up the front trunk for the oil cooler. happy11.gif
albert@gotrags.net
Sell it!
kconway
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 18 2010, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 16 2010, 09:00 PM) *

I dont think I will go beyond a 3.0 so I can use the webers and keep from cutting up to front of the car for oil coolers.

First of all Andy, you know I'm no expert but it looks like just adding flares won't be enough. You are gonna need the rest of the fenders too. biggrin.gif

This is true unless you go with the fiberglass type shown here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...eQ5fCarQ5fParts

Not my cup of tea, but not my car either. Good luck, looks like it will be loads of fun! beer.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 17 2010, 07:39 PM) *

Restore the car the way YOU want it to be. driving.gif Not the way others think it should be.

+1000!! I really dislike having a 'classic' because you cannot do anything to it without the peanut gallery (me included) having their say wacko.gif !

That said I would turn that into a GT replica ASAP, using as many factory parts as I can find!! When it is done well and right there is nothing better ........... biggrin.gif

Flare it!!!!!!

RJMII
Andy; flare it ONLY IF you make it as nice, or nicer, than that yellow 'pile' that I rode in up the mountain. Dang you did a good job on that! Thanks again for the ride at Route 66 get together; it was great meeting you and chatting.

(by pile, I mean incredibly nice 914 four car)
L73
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Mar 16 2010, 01:43 PM) *

car has no fenders at all right now

yes, and this is why... since you have to work on the fenders anyway... IF you like the flares, do it.... I'm not as big on the GT flares as I am custom "smooth" flares... but if you like them, then there's nothing wrong with doing them in this case...

if you had pristine, original flares... I might feel differently...

I love me some Stoya... She is fricken hot !!!
Speedster Mike
Just do it!....GT flairs is the way to go!.....it's a HOT look!
914_teener
QUOTE(Speedster Mike @ Apr 4 2010, 07:43 PM) *

Just do it!....GT flairs is the way to go!.....it's a HOT look!

Come on Andy!........factory flares.... that is such a cool look.

When your done maybe I'll take your -4 off ya hands for you.

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.