Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 liter install into Huey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
naro914
Update:
We drove Huey over Memorial Day weekend to Carolinas Region Porschefest.
Then again last weekend to Hurricane Region's Winery tour...

All I can say is WHOO HOO!!!

It is SOOOO Nice to be able to just turn the key, and have it start; step on the gas and have it GO...no popping, no hesitation, no dead spots, no backfiring.... just runs like a REAL CAR now!!

I can't find a smily that accurately expresses how much fun we had driving these past few weekends.

It stopped hunting after we drove it a bunch. Idles nice and smooth. Haven't installed the altitude compensator yet, but its sitting on the workbench.
Has an oil leak - bad enough that it needs to be addressed and will be a PITA to fix, but I'm not concerned.
Need to clean up the wiring a bit...

But....wow, SOOO much better than before!! For the first time in a loooong time, Nadine insisted on driving. usually I had to ask if she wanted to, this time she told everyone at dinner 'I'm driving tomorrow'.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

smile.gif
MDG
Congratulations!! My 3.2 is on a stand mocking me as I'm in the middle of body and paint. I am green with envy.

and soon, I'll be Irish Green smile.gif
Eddie914
Bob,

Way to go! Gotta love the Motronic FI.

When my teener got upgraded from 2.7 with Webers to 3.2 I wanted to go with FI.

I sourced a COMPLETE 3.2 from an '86 Carerra (I was told by the seller it was still in the car). By the time I showed up to pick up the engine, the seller had sold the intake, shroud, fan/alternator and misc FI bits. I ended up with the long block and transmission.

I installed the Webers from the 2.7 and it runs good but not as good as FI. The Webers are so very sensitive to gas QUALITY. Just the smallest bit of water in the gas and the coughing and spitting and sketchy idle comes back. The Motronic FI on my 1988 BMW with 320,000 miles works so well mile after mile after mile after mile.

I do like the vintage look of Webers on a vintage 914.

I am envious!

Cheers,

Eddie
naro914
I do like the vintage look of Webers on a vintage 914

Oh, I completely agree. I LOVE the look of carbs in the engine bay - very clean, very neat. You can open the engine lid and everyone goes "Wow, nice!!". with all the wires, hoses, etc of the 3.2 FI, it's kind of messy and cramped in there.

here's a picture of a really nice 3.2 in a beautiful 914 (mine is still a mess) then my old 2.7 with Webers.... I just love the weber look.

Consider this: sell the webers, buy PMO FI Throttle bodies, and put in a Megasquirt system. it will look a lot like carbs, but run like FI. That was what I was going to do with the 2.7 until I ran across the 3.2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.