Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Dr. Evil is moving to Washington, PA for residency!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
Thanks for all the well wishes!

After much soul searching I have confidently chosen to specialize in family medicine. I could not be happier about that decision smile.gif I will be finishing up my Masters of Public Health degree in June and starting my residency in July. For my MPH, I still need to find a person to intern under for 180hrs....if I dont do it before June, I will likely never do it.

The houses in Washington are provided, are next to the hospital, and are HUGE with good size garages smile.gif Not that I will be able to use my garage for much the first year.
Katmanken
But you can use your garage.

I've been told that for your residency, any hard surface will do to catch a couple of winks of sleep.

Spoke
Awesome, Dude! Congrats!

You're moving into my neck of the woods. Grew up just west of the 'burgh and a Steelers/Pirates/Pens/Pitt Panthers fan for life.

Have fun with the potholes. There might be another place in the US with worse roads but the roads around the 'burgh are bad. You'll learn to scour the road for holes as you drive your 4-wheeled and especially 2-wheeled vehicles.

When you get a chance check out Primanti Bros restaurant for a steak salad or some wings at Quaker Steak and Lube.
watsonrx13
Congrats... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
Richard Casto
Congratulations Mike! I am sure it was nice for your first choice to work out.
Tom_T
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Mar 19 2010, 06:48 AM) *

You must learn to say ...."little Washington " ...Real pittsburghers do.
beer.gif

QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 19 2010, 05:45 AM) *

congrats and good luck..

He'll also need to learn to say:

Dahn-tahn = downtown

'is & 'at = This & that, etc.

Y'uns = You (pl) ~ You ones

... & a few other quirky pronunciations!

Even after almost 48 years in SoCal, I still get "real Pittsburghers" catching my accent traces! biggrin.gif

Hey Mike - smilie_pokal.gif - good on you for choosing Family Practice/GP - as that's where most folks really need more good Docs!

... hey, I've got this pain right here ..... lol-2.gif
tdgray
Just remember this phrase when anything football comes up in your new digs.

PITTSBURGH SUCKS biggrin.gif
jsayre914
Hey Mike,

Jody said last night we would find a baby sitter for moving day, and we both will return the favor all the way to washington. driving.gif
anderssj
drunk.gif

Congratulations! I know you'll enjoy it in the greater Monongahela-metro-area biggrin.gif

Steve A-
wilchek
drunk.gif Way to go Congrats
saigon71
beerchug.gif Congrats Mike!

Bob
Jacob
Congratulations! smile.gif
nomore9one4
Cool! You will be only 30-45 minutes from me. driving.gif
r_towle
Congrats.

Find time for this event.
http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com/...ite/default.asp

Rich
akron_zip
Congratulations, Dr. Mike. I grew up near there across the river in Ohio and still have family in Beaver Falls and Pittsburgh. That is a nice part of Pennsylvania, just stay away from the Iron City Beer.
914four
Congratulations Dr. Evil! smilie_pokal.gif

I have worked around medical doctors most of my 28 year career and always wondered how this process worked. It is been fun and very informative following your progress.

Thanks for the detailed thread!

Kelvin
zymurgist
QUOTE(tdgray @ Mar 19 2010, 05:28 PM) *

Just remember this phrase when anything football comes up in your new digs.

PITTSBURGH SUCKS biggrin.gif

They'll be most accommodating if you greet them with a friendly smile and a quick shout of

GO RAVENS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.