Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Dr. Evil is moving to Washington, PA for residency!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
Today was match day when all new doctors in the US of A find out where they are going for their residency. You rank the programs that you interview at, and they do the same. Then, a computer pairs you up. I got my first choice and Noel is ecstatic smile.gif
Move in June, start in July.
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif grats man!!!
tod914
Resident Evil, isn't that a game? Congrads Mike!
Root_Werks
Wow! Congrats! I wish it was Seattle Washington though. biggrin.gif
markb
Congrats! beerchug.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Congrats Doctor! We'll have to celebrate at the WCR!!! Was it the ER?
zymurgist
First choice! You must be livin' right.
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Todd Enlund
Sweet! Congrats, Mike!
Katmanken
About darned time something went right.

Ditch the computers AND the Suby.

Best of luck in yer new Presidency,

Errrr, I mean Residency....
jim_hoyland
Congratulations Mike ! beer.gif Hope they have a proper lift... biggrin.gif
tornik550
What specialty is your residency? If you need an easy rotation later, I can provide. I have a rule with residents and students- you show up more than 3 hours per week, you fail!!!! Needless to say, I get a lot of students and residents at my office (FP).
MDG
congratulations beerchug.gif

m.
Tom_T
Congrats Mike! smilie_pokal.gif

I was born at McGee in Pittsburgh & grew up until 10 years old, just down the road (22) there on Ft. Couch Rd., Upper St. Clair Twp. (Bridgeville PO).

Which hospital is that out there in Washington PA? ... & what will your specialty be? confused24.gif
... I can't recall cuz we moved to San Diego in 1963 shades.gif - & I'm an old fart with half-zymers! blink.gif
pin31
Cool....congrats !!
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif Even though I was REALLY excited when I read Washington... and then I noticed PA dry.gif .

Congrats Mike. Good things come to those that work for it beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 18 2010, 11:09 AM) *

Today was match day when all new doctors in the US of A find out where they are going for their residency. You rank the programs that you interview at, and they do the same. Then, a computer pairs you up. I got my first choice and Noel is ecstatic smile.gif
Move in June, start in July.

Excellent! Congrats doctor Evil beer.gif . Hopefully you can keep the flatulance to a minimum at work lol-2.gif
jsayre914
i am holding back the tears smile.gif

you will be missed, can we be pen pals? rolleyes.gif
plas76targa
Comgratulations! we'll have to plan for this drunk.gif

I've been in another world lately, i recieved your text message and i thougth your #1 pic in the NCAA tournament won. Dolt!
tdgray
Yea!... your slightly closer to me... know anything about TR6 gear boxes Doc biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Good fortune smiles. biggrin.gif You deserve it! aktion035.gif
type47
smilie_pokal.gif
Mary Shortridge
TERRIFIC! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It's obvious the selection committee doesn't know about The World .........

Congratulations, Doc! I'm sure you're gonna wow 'em there and continue to do well.

The Cap'n
davep
beerchug.gif Congratulations.
So how big of a garage will you be getting?
That really is more important than how nice the house is.
Cupomeat
Yes, I agree with Davep about the garage and Congratulations to you, again!!!
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 18 2010, 02:26 PM) *

beerchug.gif Congratulations.
So how big of a garage will you be getting?
That really is more important than how nice the house is.

Hey Dave - this is the Pittsburgh PA area in the Western Allegheny Mtns. - so whether he's at the top or bottom of the hill is just as important as the garage size ~ Eh!? biggrin.gif

..... especially with winters like this one where, talking to my aunt last night, she said they've had 45"+ snow in the last month or so, & that on many steep streets still paved with either bricks or pot holes!!!! blink.gif .... time to get used to the poor sibling western end of the state Mike! dry.gif

Mike - our old next door neighbors - the Quiggs - lived in a converted 3+ story barn with the entire 50+x100+ lower level open as a their garage/basement & accessibly the entire length across the back long side.......and it's on the flats at the top of the hill on Ft. Couch Rd.!! Last time I was back at the old homestead in 01 it was still there, so maybe they'll rent it to you!? ... will that be big enough!? biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

Now practice Mike: Go Steelers! ..... Go Bucs! ..... Go Penguins! cheer.gif
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Gonna take up golf now?
crash914
Damn...248 miles and 3:52 away...

I guess we will see you at Matt's.....

oh yea, way to go and good luck! Kill 'em..not literally....
jimkelly
that is wicked awesome aktion035.gif

Brent
Way to go Doc. This is great news.
shoguneagle
I am glad the "Great Dr. Evil" got his first choice and now he can weave his "Evil Web" curing patients at the highest level. It has been a long journey for you and now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Congratulations and Best Wishes!! The Residency Period is a piece of cake for what you have been through and I know you will be the Best of the Best. Keep the faith and life will reward you in all your and your wife's ebdeavors.

Again, Congratulations!! The journey has only begun.

Steve N Sandy Hurt
Flagstaff, AZ and Northern California
Eric_Shea
2010.84 miles away still... Whew! biggrin.gif

Congrats!!! smilie_pokal.gif
type11969
Congrats sir!
RJMII
Congrats! You deserve it; you've worked hard to get there and have still found time to help a lot of people along the way.
Porcharu
Nice to hear some good news for once. Hope it works out well for you.
Steve
Millerwelds
beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
Our little boy is all growed up! He's all growed up!

IPB Image

Grats man! you earned it.

Zach
Krieger
Good work! flag.gif
Jerry75914
good things happen to good people! Congrats! beerchug.gif
davep
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 18 2010, 01:47 PM) *

Hey Dave - this is the Pittsburgh PA area in the Western Allegheny Mtns. - so whether he's at the top or bottom of the hill is just as important as the garage size ~ Eh!?

With a 914? Who cares? Years ago when I drove the 914 year round I might be the only car on the road during a blizzard. Drop it into first, and chug up a good hill keeping a sharp eye out on all the slip-sliding chicanes I would pass on the way up. Now if you are talking a Saturn Vue, well maybe they would be a chicane, eh? Besides, the Allegheny's are really just oversize molehills aren't they? biggrin.gif
Tom
Way to go Doc! Good luck at your new place. Hard work if finally paying off. Here's hoping success continues your way.
Tom
Rick L
Congrats on the match!
Joe Owensby
Congrats Doc.

JoeO
Pat Garvey
They say that good things come to Evil people......don't quote me on that because I usually get things wrong.

Good for you Mike! The Washington area has grown quite a bit in the last 15 years. I go through there 4 times a year to visit relatives in Cincy and have seen it grow.

Not that you need it, but best of luck going forward.
Pat
Tom_T
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 18 2010, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 18 2010, 01:47 PM) *

Hey Dave - this is the Pittsburgh PA area in the Western Allegheny Mtns. - so whether he's at the top or bottom of the hill is just as important as the garage size ~ Eh!?

With a 914? Who cares? Years ago when I drove the 914 year round I might be the only car on the road during a blizzard. Drop it into first, and chug up a good hill keeping a sharp eye out on all the slip-sliding chicanes I would pass on the way up. Now if you are talking a Saturn Vue, well maybe they would be a chicane, eh? Besides, the Allegheny's are really just oversize molehills aren't they? biggrin.gif

Dave - you've obviously never tackled the Pittsburgh streets after a heavy snow, sleet or ice storm! biggrin.gif

Many/most of the streets are extremely steep, often in a "U" valley form if your lucky - but mostly a steeper "V" - and most of the cars end up slid down to the bottom of the hill & stay there until it thaws! Ergo, you want to be at the top of the hill to get to work - or in Mike's case, his 24 hour shift! driving.gif
bigkensteele
Fantastic! Glad you got the gig you were looking for!
oldschool
Calling doctor Larry,doctor mo,doctor curly,,,,,,very cool man peace. beer.gif
Gary
Great news Mike. Glad the match went well.

6freak
congrats and good luck..
sixaddict
You must learn to say ...."little Washington " ...Real pittsburghers do.
beer.gif

QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 19 2010, 05:45 AM) *

congrats and good luck..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.