Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 calendar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
madd_dogg_914
Okay, in light of the "I hope you are all happy" thread, I would like to propose that we make a 914 calendar. Not necessarily with the steroids lady, and not even necessarily nude, but picutes of hot chicks on, in, or around 914s. I know of a couple of girls that would be willing (non nude, but still hot) that would pose. I would be willing to pay quite a bit to get this produced. Don't know any details yet, just judging interest. Say that the calendar was $20, and was full of hot chicks, and hot 914s, would you guys buy (I know I would buy a few!) I will talk to some girls tonight, and may be able to get some priliminary shots taken. Although, perhaps Bruce Allert should take the final calendar shots. Can i get a Hoo-Ahh from those that would be interested, and post pics of potential 914 girls of the month (and I don't mean pictures of Jenna Jameson you found on the internet.)

-Chris
Rusty
I'd certainly buy one. Do you think we could get enough variety in models/cars to do an 18 month calendar? Star t the calendar in July?

I'd pony in some starting up money... but not if steroid-lady is starring in every month. blink.gif

As far as knowing women that would strip for a 914 calendar... well, I *used* to... (cough, sputter) huh.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
madd_dogg_914
There is a ton of people on here. At least 18 of us know ONE hot chick to pose on a 914. I know a few. I will start the begging tonight.

_Chris
nebreitling
hell, i'd pony up for a couple. just a thought:

as much as i like pics of naked women, i think that non-nude shots would be the best to insure a wide circulation. there are many family men on the board whose wives and daughters might not apreciatte a nude-calendar.

an almost- nude calendar, on the other hand....

great idea. beer.gif
Jenny
Times like this I wish I had a garage, cuz I'm not putting the calendar up at work. <_<

Jen
Rusty
as much as i like pics of naked women, i think that non-nude shots would be the best to insure a wide circulation. there are many family men on the board whose wives and daughters might not apreciatte a nude-calendar.

an almost- nude calendar, on the other hand....

There's tasteful, lingerie and shadows, arty and airbrushed nude... and there's "OMG I didn't think a camera could fit in there" kind of nude.

I think we're considering the former. Except for Zois... he gets a special edition of the calendar: A new crack each month from every 914 mechanic on the West Coast. w00t.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Jeroen
I'd buy one!

cheers,

Jeroen

PS Jenny should be one of the models boldblue.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Mar 29 2004, 01:03 PM)
I'd buy one!

cheers,

Jeroen

PS Jenny should be one of the models boldblue.gif

agree.gif

I'd buy one...
Jenny
Thanks guys. I've always wanted to be published. wub.gif Maybe we can wait until I've got my car back newly painted? I'd love to pose next to/in/around my baby.

Jen
madd_dogg_914
Okay I already have one confirmed WILL pose (non-nude) for a 914club calendar. I have attached apicture of her (at work) and it was taken with my camera phone, so please excuse the poor quality of the picture. She is a hotty!
Mueller
I'm not much of a calender person (the one in my office still is on Jan...LOL)

but if tastefull I'd be interested....I'd prefer cars only so that I could have it here at work...........
Curvie Roadlover
Hoo-Ahh
madd_dogg_914
Alright Curvie!

Glad to have you aboard

-Chris
tat2dphreak
madd dogg, is that the same girl as in your avatar? laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Be careful asking those kinds of questions at work.... Some work places are very mindful of things like that. Easy to have an inocent act out of the spirit of clean fun get blown out of porportion. I'd ask after work at a social event not work related.
madd_dogg_914
Oh, I see what you are saying (I was confused at first) I don't work with her. She is a friend, I called her and asked, then popped in to say hello and I snatched a picture of her. But I appreciate the warning Rich.

-Chris
tdgray
I know I am going to get flamed for this but here goes.

How about two calendars? One with just the cars and then one with the cars and the girls. You're going to have both there, why not take two sets. Then they, the girls not the cars, could be in different states of clothed or un-clothed (gotta have at least one boobie shot or it's just not a car calendar).

Could sell them as a package like two for 30 or seperate for those people who do not want the nudity. With the inexpensive printing that goes on nowadays the cost for this little venture would not be much. I'll even help with the venture capital if needed. As for the talent... I don't know that many people <_<
ninefourteener
I'm WAY ahead of you on this one smile.gif

I've already asked my new g/f..... and the answer was a very quick "Hell Yes!!"

Just gotta find the right time.... and the right place..... pics are coming

beerchug.gif
415PB
Hoo-Ahh, I have someone who will pose tastefully....
dinomium
I found this on Yahoo, very tasteful...
tat2dphreak
that pic makes me hungry for about 30 Bently wings and a pitcher of Shiner!
lagunero
Why not have a contest and everyone submit their pics. Since it's Madd Dogs idea, he can choose the winners or at least the idea (pose/backgrounds).

I'm in for a few either way.
GWN7
I'd take a couple of each, cars only and nude type.

Can't have anything that isn't PC at work.

A Mike Z butt crack month...NO!!!

A Jenny month.....Yes smile.gif
McMark
I don't think it should be user submitted pics. It should be a little more professional than just camera phone pictures and poor lighting. It took me forever just to get good web quality pictures for the colors site, much less good quality printable images. For something that's going to be printed on paper you have to have at least 4 megapixels just to make a normal size calander look decent. Go professional or go home. biggrin.gif
Toast
Where can a lady sign up to pose???
w00t.gif
Bruce Allert
I'd deffinetly buy a calendar full of 914's with or w/o the girls.

Now, not to put a damper on this great idea... but, to have a calendar profesionally done takes some change ($$$) and they usually don't do it for a small fee (per calendar) until it gets up into the 1000's of copies requested. Do lots of homework first. I'm sure there are a few people on this BBS that knows far more than I do about this but I'm just talking from experience after dealing with a couple of publishers for one of my posters and a possible calendar I wanted to put out in the past.

.........b
madd_dogg_914
I was thinking, if Bruce Allert was going to be at the 914 WCC, he could take pictures of chicks with cars. I can bring a bunch of girls. We could have our own little photo shoot, and it is a great time of the year/area for some killer seanery too!

-Chris

I don't know of a contest style though . . . too many hurt feelings me thinks. I dunno though? Ideas/suggestions. I might even be able to get all 12 girls . . . BUT I don't know if all the girl will be everyones taste. This is getting complicated. Perhaps just a calander with 914's only isn't such a bad idea.
madd_dogg_914
Excellent post Bruce . . . Sounds like it maybe wont happen . . . Anyone know any printing places. Anyone ever made a calender before?

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
I am also not worried about making $$$ on the deal. I could put in a lot and if I ended up in the red, or even breaking even, just to have a calender with pretty 914s and pretty women, I would be in heaven.

-Chris
Jenny
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Mar 29 2004, 02:35 PM)
We could have our own little photo shoot, and it is a great time of the year/area for some killer seanery too!

Ohmigod! Killer Seanery! Sounds dangerous. ohmy.gif

I agree, WCC would be a great setting. Somewhere by pebble beach maybe. We'll be sure to have some pretty cars, as well as beautiful weather.

Jen
Rockaria
You could do small run calendars by hand. I have designed and produced many small run items. All you need is a good designer, a great plan, and access to a really nice Xerox Color Copier. Now, before all of you jump on me with that ever so wonderful 914 spirit... Saying that Xerox quality is just not good enough. I disagree. Copier technilogy has come along ways in the past 2 years. I have a Xerox Docucolor 1632 at work and my last project looked just like a glossy 4 color professional print job. Very hard to tell if it was copied or professionally printed. The machine goes up to 11X17" Paper which would give you a nice 8.5X11 folded calendar with a picture on top and calendar on bottom that flips each month. Now the bad news it would cost about $30.00 to $50.00 per calendarto print, and that would not include the design or assembly.

All people who think Xerox technolgy sucks needs to seek out a Kinkos with a good picture of your car and ask for a glossy color copy.

Just a thought.

SMALL EDIT: This is not the Dye Sublimation technology. This is that new XEROX/Laser Printer Technology. You can write on it with a ball point pen when completed. It's quite cool!
seanery
Ohmigod! Killer Seanery! Sounds dangerous.

No one was supposed to know about that! wink.gif
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Mar 29 2004, 02:54 PM)
Now the bad news it would cost about $30.00 to $50.00 per calendarto print, and that would not include the design or assembly.

I would be fine paying that much, but what about everyone else. I think since the WCC will be every year (I hope) it would be a great setting, always new content and always 914s. If this is a success, perhaps we could add calender photo shoot to the events of the WCC in the future, then vote on whos cars make it (with or without girls)

-Chris
GWN7
The Burn Fund thru work has produced several (beefcake style) calenders. I could check with some of the guys who had a hand in producing it to see what the costs are and price break for volume.
Andyrew
In all honesty, I would buy one.. but it would be a hard thing to get my mom convinced I could buy one.. The only girl poster type thing I have in my room is the American Graffiti record cover pinned up in my room.

Andrew
Jeffs9146
I think the new Mac's come with software to make calanders! You design them on your computer and click "Order Calander" and they Print and Ship them to you!! I heard something about $15-$20 each.

Anyone have experience with this??

Jeff
Bleyseng
I have iCal so I'll see if it has any features like that

Geoff
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 29 2004, 04:34 PM)
I think the new Mac's come with software to make calanders! You design them on your computer and click "Order Calander" and they Print and Ship them to you!! I heard something about $15-$20 each.

Whoa . . . a MAC is actually good for something . . . laugh.gif

Seriously though, if that is true, that would be AWESOME!!!

-Chris
Bleyseng
Mac's are really nice now that they run on OS10. World of difference, even my Microsoft buds are now getting them. ha!

Geoff
URY914
Let's do four versions

914s only= G rated smile.gif

914s and girls= GP rated cool.gif

914s and nude girls= R rated ohmy.gif boldblue.gif

Nude girls only= X rated cool_shades.gif clap56.gif

Gee, which one will sell the most?
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 29 2004, 05:10 PM)
Let's do three versions

I don't know about you guys . . . but I count four versions. And I think they will all sell equally well, as everyone would order one of each.

914 Only = Work

914 + Girls = Bedroom

914 + Nude Girls = Garage

Nude Girls Only = Bathroom :dhead:

HAHAHAHA laugh.gif
-Chris
URY914
OK,OK,OK I can't count.
I fixed it.
McMark
I think the Mac calendar thing is part of iPhoto. I'm down here at HPH in PC land, so I can't check.

I think doing it at the WCC would be an awesome IDEA! It would give people a HUGE motivation to make nice cars. Top 12 winners cars get to be in the calendar. Hell, we could do it Bug-O-Rama style and have a pretty lady contest as well and the pretty ladys (or just some) get to be in the calendar as well. Hmm, this would be great for the WCC. (okay, maybe not the pretty lady contest).
Curvie Roadlover
Let's do four versions

Paul, I just wanted to compliment you on your artistic use of the smilies. smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
I thank you all for thinking of me to do the Photography but, as I told Jeff Bowlsby when he asked me to do the Videography & Photography for the WCC, I will have just gotten back from 2 weeks vacation & can't make it. sad.gif Really really wished I could...... damn! fighting19.gif There must be others that can make peektures GUD too wavey.gif

........b
red914
Geoff does nice work! willing to take the job, Geoff?

in the pg version, some of the girls could wear interntional rugby jerseys, especially from the countries where there are club members; just a thought... idea.gif

ok, it's really because rugby shorts can be very short on women. wub.gif
John
It might not cost that much per calander to have printed. One needs only to find a willing printer web offset is definately right out, but sheetfed could be done.

One only needs to find a printer that is into 914's to become motivated.

I know someone who is the president of a small, sheetfed magazine printer who may be interested.

Once you come up with a format (what size are you thinking?) and get high enough resolution photography for reproduction, I can contact my dad and more than likely we could actually do this and obtain actual professional quality (unlike color copiers).

I'll have a chat with him this weekend about it. I am thinking the run would have to be over 1000 at least. Perhaps a couple of our local vendors would like to distribute (sell) some as well?
SirAndy

the GPRX version? confused24.gif

laugh.gif Andy
Red-Beard
QUOTE(Toast @ Mar 29 2004, 02:35 PM)
Where can a lady sign up to pose???
w00t.gif

Toast, like this?
GWN7
Is that Toast in Vegas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.