Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot: who's from quebec?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
physician
look like the most parts of you are from california.. who's from the great north-east? canada...

i'm curious, because teener are not common here....
JeffBowlsby
Dave Pateman is from Burford...Great guy too... wink.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Mar 29 2004, 08:04 PM)
Dave Pateman is from Burford...Great guy too... wink.gif

I'm a canuck too... smile.gif

I had the pleasure of meeting Dave a couple of weeks ago when he stopped by for a chat.
Nice guy and he knows his 914 history for sure.

There are at least 30-40 running 914's in Ontario. A lot of them are off-line, but I do know of a couple of lerkers.
davep
Thanks guys, you'll make my head swell.

There are quite a few 914 owners around. At least 4 more in Quebec:
Marc Andre Morin
Michael Richard
Sabin Farley
Sylvain Melançon

Warren Stone in Nova Scotia
Mark Henry
Hey Dave, what's your guess on how many teens are left in Ontario?
I know a couple of guys, Mike has a bunch of customers and then there's Alex's stash.

But then again, Alex dosn't drive them he just hoards them. laugh.gif

I think even Brad would cream his jeans over Alex's stash. blink.gif

Oh and there's a 75 2.0 in Peterborough, stopped and knocked on the door today infact, no one is ever home. Needs a resto but they are driving it.
GWN7
There is another guy in Ste. Saint Marrie (can't remember his name) and I have been told there are 5-6 here with 914's (only have seen 2). Mike is in Regina, 3 or 4 in Calgary and a few on the Wet coast.
Red-Beard
There are a couple of kay-beckers over on the Pelican 911 board. One of the (Sabin) did a 6 conversion on the cheap and did his own hand flare job.
physician
lol i haven't seen all those here! i shoulc be going to tremblant at the porsche reunion, may see them there!
serge914
Hello I am from Laval. Marc-Andre is near Quebec city, Sabin in Tracy, and there are at least 5 more near Montreal. You should see a few if you come to the PCA Ground school , May 8 or at the GrandPrix reunion on Crescent. Where are you from in Quebec ?
JeffBowlsby
When the snows gone you guys should have a 9:14 Breakfast--- Canada Style! Dave-man put it together...Just post the date, time and place and be amazed at who shows up.

Then post photos here!!!

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
davep
I used to have 914 events at my house, and would get 6 to 10 cars showing up. I'll have to work on my list of owners and find out if they still have them. I know one fellow with a bit of a boneyard. All he wants are the basic bits of the car and a title. Then he creates a tube-frame race car out of them. He has no problem building a complete car from scatch (of his own design). He once built a gullwing 914 with 928 power.

DaveP
Mark Henry
I was thinking about doing a informal show this summer, 914 or all P-cars. Think there would be enough interest?

Also thought about doing a VW show, but I think it would be bigger than I would want.
I do have the space and the town is OK with it.
givory
Don't forget the four [soon to be five] 914 vintage racers in Ont. and Que. Two of them are streetable. The prep rules under VARAC limit what you can spend on the car, keeping the hobby costs maybe somewhat in-line with those of a golf maniac.
Gavin
VARAC #58
davep
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 30 2004, 11:08 AM)
I was thinking about doing a informal show this summer, 914 or all P-cars. Think there would be enough interest?

Also thought about doing a VW show, but I think it would be bigger than I would want.
I do have the space and the town is OK with it.

I think the trick is to find a fairly central location for the guys that express an interest in coming out. If we keep it to 14er's then it will be a nice group with relatively common interests. It worked well for me years ago. Lets make up a list of the guys we know along with contact info. We may well draw a few from stateside. Up to 20 is possible.

DaveP
GWN7
I'm centrally located laugh.gif

There is also "Book", he's in the Toronto area. He bid on that 10K LE a couple months ago (got sniped at the end of the auction).

He was going to look at another one last month, but I haven't seen him online for a bit, so I don't know if he bought it or not.
Curvie Roadlover
I'm not from Ontario, but I can see it from here. confused24.gif
mike_the_man
As GWN7 mentioned, I'm in Regina, SK. I know of a couple of teeners around here. I was just talking to one on the weekend. I think he's a lurker here, but not a member yet.

Mark, if you're going to do a show, I might be interested. It all depends when and where. I might try to get out that way for the Toronto Indy, but I'm not sure yet. Although, like GWN7 said, Winnipeg is centrally located. If there was a show there, I'd be there for sure.

Let us know what happens.
serge914
Hi Gavin, How was your 2003 season ? I saw Martin Beaudry race a few times at Mt-Trembant and he seemed to have a lot of fun. He gave me a ride in his car at the PCA ground school; quite impressive for a stoch FI 2.0L.
physician
i'm from st-hyacinthe. 30 minutes from montreal, 30 minutes from drumondville. i'm near the sanair trac.

i don't have a 914 for now, i'm in the search of a good one, for not too much.

there's one in hebdo in laval for 5k$ cdn and a red one for 8k$... i'll probably going to see the black by the week end if it's not raining.

but if a meet can be done, i hope to be able to come!
we may even speak french.. cool.gif
Ray Warren
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 30 2004, 12:09 AM)
Hey Dave, what's your guess on how many teens are left in Ontario?
I know a couple of guys, Mike has a bunch of customers and then there's Alex's stash.

But then again, Alex dosn't drive them he just hoards them. laugh.gif

I think even Brad would cream his jeans over Alex's stash. blink.gif

Oh and there's a 75 2.0 in Peterborough, stopped and knocked on the door today infact, no one is ever home. Needs a resto but they are driving it.

I have seen Alex's stash of 914's, it's huge.
si2t3m
Hi physician,

Yes another Los Tabarnacos!!!!

I'm from Quebec (Quebec city). Car is in storage but should be out mid april. You are welcome to come by anytime.

BTW, Sabin's /6 conversion is for sale. Some assembly required but it's all there with a fresh 2.7 and webers.

Check on the bird list for a user named Farleyd.

Oops, saw in another thread that you already know about it.

Marc-André
serge914
Send Me an email f you go see it in Laval. I will try to go with you. But if it is nice I may decide to take mine out of hibernation.
si2t3m
Hey Serge, did you get to do Tremblant this year???

I've saw Martin's yellow 914 fly. must be that yellow thang!

I'll be doing one event at Tremblant and one at Calabogie (if the track ever get's finished).

Marc-André
serge914
Marc-André, I only did the ground school and some slaloms at St-Eustache. This summer I hope to do at least one Mt-Tremblant DEW, maybe some lapping at St-Eustache. I want to install a cage, repair the floors ( nothing major ) and change the front bumper. Are you coming back to the ground school ?.
si2t3m
Nah, no ground school for me this year. I've done it 2 times already and I gotta confess, after doing a real DE, the ground school is like doing parade laps! wink.gif

Marc-André
physician
SERGE:
i don't know if i'll be working this week end, but if i'm not, i'll take my winter car to sorel( if he still want to see me) and in laval. i'll pm you if i'll go. i think it will be sunny....(i hope) cool.gif

i've got a real winter car.......not 4wd but you know... rust

and my sister is at building her house in Val -Belair near Quebec, so i go occasionnally where are you from?
si2t3m
I'm just next to ValBelair, in Montchatel. I'll be moving out sometime in June... Found a nice house with a garage!!! Yeahaaa!!!

Marc-André
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.