Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay area caravan to WCR, all can join!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Apr 8 2010, 04:47 PM) *

Do we have an approximate head count for the trip?

Well, me and maybe Sir Andy at the start(hopefully more), We're picking up some guys in Antioch, I hope some Mdesto guys will meet us at the 160/12 intersection. Then we meet ConeDodger and the boys in Sac and head to South Shore. About 10 people have indicated they want the funnest route. So, at least 10, I hope... I would like more than 20 by the time we pull into Harvey's.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(mikey @ Apr 8 2010, 04:25 PM) *

Any plans for a convoy from the Bay Area on Saturday AM for those of us that can't get off of work earlier in the week?

You look really sick on Thursday and Friday... barf.gif
Andyrew
I'll be certainly meeting you guys up @ 160. Do we have a timeframe as to when you guys will be looking to set off? Giving 1/2 hour every checkpoint for fuel and waiting for people?
computers4kids
I'll be coming-up on Thursday as well. Still deciding whether I'm going to tow or drive--so little storage on v8914.

Hopefully, as said, their will be some checkpoints with time for making connections.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 8 2010, 01:28 PM) *

We can work that out when we all meet

Famous last words.

I did a bunch of 914 work today and went to test drive. Since I was unsure of if we had to turn right or if we could turn left, I went out past the Nimbus Hatchery. We can turn left. So those are the famous last words... smile.gif

By the way, the way that Mike has chosen, going up Jackson Hwy is very fun. We will have a ball...
mikey
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 8 2010, 05:02 PM) *

You look really sick on Thursday and Friday... barf.gif

I can feel it coming on already...
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 8 2010, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Apr 8 2010, 04:47 PM) *

Do we have an approximate head count for the trip?

Well, me and maybe Sir Andy at the start(hopefully more), We're picking up some guys in Antioch, I hope some Mdesto guys will meet us at the 160/12 intersection. Then we meet ConeDodger and the boys in Sac and head to South Shore. About 10 people have indicated they want the funnest route. So, at least 10, I hope... I would like more than 20 by the time we pull into Harvey's.

thumb3d.gif
Mike Bellis
Route is ready. See post 1
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
RoadGlue
The "G" Spot on the map, hehehehe (oh man), was um, off. I fixed it:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....977295&z=9
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 8 2010, 07:09 PM) *

The "G" Spot on the map, hehehehe (oh man), was um, off. I fixed it:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....977295&z=9

Thanks! I fixed it on the first post
computers4kids
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 8 2010, 05:02 PM) *

I'll be certainly meeting you guys up @ 160. Do we have a timeframe as to when you guys will be looking to set off? Giving 1/2 hour every checkpoint for fuel and waiting for people?

Andrew, are you going to meet up at point E, road 160? I'm thinking point G, which cuts off an hour and 15 minutes coming from Visalia.

Who's coming up from the south to meet this caravan?
Andyrew
Ya I was going to either meet up at E or F.
That road TO jackson is a pretty good road.
jeeperjohn56
Mike, The exit I was taking about is the Hwy4 east going to Stockton, its the second exit before the toll bridge on hwy 160 Antioch bridge, the guys from Stockton would have to drive all the way down hwy4 tru Brentwood and Oakley,, sorry no other way from east to west, They could meet Lennie's914 and his group in Discovery Bay and caravan to the meetimg area by the toll bridge. John
jeeperjohn56
Hey Rob, Would't be better to meet at the Home Depot parking lot on Sunrise Blvd just pass Folsom Blvd, and then go down Sunrise Blvd to Jackson Hwy, turn left go towards Jackson, but cut across to Ione after Rancho Murittea, tru Ione to Hwy88 to jackson then north on 88 over Carson pass to hwy 89 over Ebetts pass into Meyers to South Shore, Alot longer but more scienic route, just my 2cent John
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Apr 10 2010, 01:44 PM) *

Hey Rob, Would't be better to meet at the Home Depot parking lot on Sunrise Blvd just pass Folsom Blvd, and then go down Sunrise Blvd to Jackson Hwy, turn left go towards Jackson, but cut across to Ione after Rancho Murittea, tru Ione to Hwy88 to jackson then north on 88 over Carson pass to hwy 89 over Ebetts pass into Meyers to South Shore, Alot longer but more scienic route, just my 2cent John

It really isn't all that scenic until you get to the Rancho Murrietta area anyway... The only thing scenic about the Home Depot area is Showgirls and the strippers are probably not headliners on Thursday around noon anyway!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Apr 10 2010, 02:31 PM) *

Mike, The exit I was taking about is the Hwy4 east going to Stockton, its the second exit before the toll bridge on hwy 160 Antioch bridge, the guys from Stockton would have to drive all the way down hwy4 tru Brentwood and Oakley,, sorry no other way from east to west, They could meet Lennie's914 and his group in Discovery Bay and caravan to the meetimg area by the toll bridge. John

Your right. The map ikon moved. Fixed it!
Mike Bellis
OK, who's going? driving.gif
Lennies914
Count me in. I'll join in at the Antioch stop.
biosurfer1
What time are you planning on meeting in Sac?
jeeperjohn56
Mike, I'm in for meeting at the Antiock Stop. McDonalds right? before going over bridge. John driving.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 13 2010, 08:20 PM) *

What time are you planning on meeting in Sac?

we should be at Nimbus Dam around 11:15
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif
mikey
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 14 2010, 04:04 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Anybody leaving Saturday morning from the Bay Area?
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif

I know you all want to make it on the caravan piratenanner.gif

Who's gonna make it? driving.gif
Lennies914
Thought I was going to take my first test drive today after working all weekend installing my new fuel pump and brake calipers from Eric Shea. Then came home tonight to a floorboard full of brake fluid headbang.gif Thankfully it didn't soak into my new carpet kit piratenanner.gif Need a master cylinder. OVER $300.00! Between that and the windshield I still need, I think my budget is blown. I may be canceling. I'm going to look for a rebuid kit tommorrow. This trip was my goal to get the car ready and I'm very close. Just can't go to Tahoe broke hissyfit.gif
biosurfer1
Not a huge savings, but if you have to replace the MC, might as well upsize to the 19mm one and save $70
mightyohm
Wish I could join the caravan, but I'm heading up on Friday. See you guys there!
Mike Bellis
driving.gif icon_bump.gif sheeplove.gif driving.gif icon_bump.gif sheeplove.gif driving.gif icon_bump.gif sheeplove.gif beer.gif
ConeDodger
I am told by Harvey Weidman that he and Al have discussed the possibility of joining the caravan at the Nimbus dam stop.

I am also told by Yopu that she does not wish to drive the 4Runner up to Tahoe by herself and that I will be trailering the 914 and driving the 4Runner. Well! I told her who's the boss! mad.gif

I guess I have to drive the 4Runner... sad.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 26 2010, 11:45 PM) *

I am told by Harvey Weidman that he and Al have discussed the possibility of joining the caravan at the Nimbus dam stop.

I am also told by Yopu that she does not wish to drive the 4Runner up to Tahoe by herself and that I will be trailering the 914 and driving the 4Runner. Well! I told her who's the boss! mad.gif

I was in Folsom last week and stoped by Nimbus. Not much room in the parking lot there. Every stall was taken at 11am. The Chevron may be a better place to stop. Looks like there is more room there.

RoadGlue
Trying to get my teener back on the road. Reassembled my motor yesterday and am going to try to get it installed here this afternoon. Need to have the new tires installed, fix a little body work (so I can attach a bumper), install a head temp gauge... smile.gif Otherwise I think Mark and I are going up together.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(mightyohm @ Apr 19 2010, 08:13 PM) *

Wish I could join the caravan, but I'm heading up on Friday. See you guys there!

Jeff...there might be a couple guys around here going up Friday, Justin (justinp71) I know for sure is...may want to PM him if you're interested in a caravan.
Mike Bellis
The WCR caravan is almost here. Who's coming? This drive is going to be lots of fun! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 27 2010, 05:32 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 26 2010, 11:45 PM) *

I was in Folsom last week and stoped by Nimbus. Not much room in the parking lot there. Every stall was taken at 11am. The Chevron may be a better place to stop. Looks like there is more room there.

Mike,
I think the construction monkeys doing the road widening on Hazel Avenue on the other side of the bridge are using the hatchery as parking.

Either McDonald's or Chevron is good. Plus, a few people will want gas...
biosurfer1
Rob or Paul...is this the same Chevron we met at when we went up for Cool September Days??
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 30 2010, 07:53 PM) *

Rob or Paul...is this the same Chevron we met at when we went up for Cool September Days??

No. Didn't we meet up at a Chevron in Cameron Park? This Chevron is just a block North of 50 at Hazel. Another block and you would be at the fish hatchery/bike trail. Construction on Hazel has the lot tied up with construction workers cars.
jcd914
I will be attempting to join in on the caravan up but will have to wait on my wife getting off work. Not sure what I am driving, been suppose to help Rob with his Carrera transmission but been too busy.

Half the hatchery lot has been fenced off for construction for months now.
They have opened an additional parking lot for hatchery visitors just down the road. This lot is normally part of the American River Parkway and cost $5 to park but during construction is free. There is also free parking at the Aquatic center (directly across from the hatchery) you just have to park in 1 of the first 2 lots and not go past the gate where they collect $$.
I am not down there during the weekday normally but I usually have no trouble parking on the weekend.

Jim
Mike Bellis
Lets meet at the Chevron on the North side of Hazel. There looks to be enough parking there and we can gas up. I still estimate we will be there 11:15-11:30am. The Nimbus dam parking lot is too congested for us and anyone hauling a trailer (ConeDodger). Remember to bring your GMRS radios set to channel 10-1. This is going to be a blast!
jeeperjohn56
Mlke what is the time we are meeting in Antioch? John
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ May 3 2010, 02:15 AM) *

Mlke what is the time we are meeting in Antioch? John

We are leaving Hayward at 9am. We should be at the Antioch stop by 9:40 at the latest. It is a reverse commute for us going your way.

It's almost time! get your oil changed and gas tanks filled! driving.gif
RoadGlue
So as you go through town and cross over the bridge in Rio Vista heading east, there's a dirt parking lot on the right side of Hwy 12 (right after you pass over 160) where Mark and I will be waiting in my Blue 914. What time should we be there? My cell number is 707.529.7860 in case we're late or you guys are late. Who should we call to get the whereabouts of the caravan?
RoadGlue
After looking at the map, it looks like we should be there by 10'sh. Sound about right?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 5 2010, 06:50 PM) *

After looking at the map, it looks like we should be there by 10'sh. Sound about right?

Yep 10-10:15 is my best guess
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 30 2010, 08:21 PM) *

I will be attempting to join in on the caravan up but will have to wait on my wife getting off work. Not sure what I am driving, been suppose to help Rob with his Carrera transmission but been too busy.

Looks like Jim and Mary will be coming up in my 914. We did get the Carrera engine and transmission pulled today but I would call it a relative miracle if it were rebuilt and back in by next Wednesday.

Me, Yopu and Nicho will be driving up in the 4Runner with cargo...
Lennies914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 30 2010, 10:30 PM) *

Lets meet at the Chevron on the North side of Hazel. There looks to be enough parking there and we can gas up. I still estimate we will be there 11:15-11:30am. The Nimbus dam parking lot is too congested for us and anyone hauling a trailer (ConeDodger). Remember to bring your GMRS radios set to channel 10-1. This is going to be a blast!

GMSR radios? What are they? confused24.gif
biosurfer1
Justin and I had a great tuning session (I mostly watched) and now my new bell crank linkage is running great...I'll be ready!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ May 5 2010, 08:10 PM) *

Those cheap ass walkie talkies everybody has now. Walmart, Target, Home Depot... usually $20-40. I will have a few with me. They are good if someone breaks down or the group gets separated. They all broadcast on the same channels no matter which brand you get. These are not the expensive ones that require a license to use.
Lennies914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 5 2010, 09:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ May 5 2010, 08:10 PM) *

Those cheap ass walkie talkies everybody has now. Walmart, Target, Home Depot... usually $20-40. I will have a few with me. They are good if someone breaks down or the group gets separated. They all broadcast on the same channels no matter which brand you get. These are not the expensive ones that require a license to use.

Cool, I've got some of those somewhere.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 5 2010, 06:48 PM) *

So as you go through town and cross over the bridge in Rio Vista heading east, there's a dirt parking lot on the right side of Hwy 12 (right after you pass over 160) where Mark and I will be waiting in my Blue 914. What time should we be there? My cell number is 707.529.7860 in case we're late or you guys are late. Who should we call to get the whereabouts of the caravan?

Call me for updates on our location 925-525-5528 Mike or tune to channel 10-1 on your walkie talkie...
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ May 5 2010, 08:04 PM) *

Cool, I've got some of those somewhere.

Me too...now if I can just figure out where "somewhere" is within a week blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.