Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in the Phoenix area who can fix tachs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
Ok so i did a full check to see why my tachometer stopped working and i can't figure it out. I believe it may be the tach itself and not the connections. Is there someone in the area who could take a look at it or something one of these days? thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Mar 31 2010, 12:59 PM) *

Ok so i did a full check to see why my tachometer stopped working and i can't figure it out. I believe it may be the tach itself and not the connections. Is there someone in the area who could take a look at it or something one of these days? thanks.

If you are sure that it is the tach that is bad send it to Palo Alto and to the attention of hartmut. He is really good and vdo factory authorized.
buhs914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 31 2010, 01:06 PM) *

If you are sure that it is the tach that is bad send it to Palo Alto and to the attention of hartmut. He is really good and vdo factory authorized.

Ok cool. The only problem is that i'm uber low on cash as a college student haha. I'll recheck my connections a few times to be sure.
TheCabinetmaker
Can you hook it up to someones else's car to make sure? Used tachs are easy to come by.
They don't go bad very often.
Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 31 2010, 01:06 PM) *

Also North Hollywood Speedo repairs them, but I agree with the others above - esp. on a student's budget - test in another car, check anything you may have changed & all connections & wiring for wear/cracked insulation/shorting-out, the maybe try to get an inexpensive used one for now & save your original one to restore at Palo Alto or N Hollywood when you're bucks-up! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.