Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 547 fan update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
904svo
After many hours of testing I finally got the cylinder head temperture
with in 20 degress of each other. Now I have to get the oil temperture
flap to work, oil temp to low now 150 degress.
Click to view attachment
pcar916
Sweet
Jake Raby
Now... Just wait till you see what happens when you hit the engine with a load...
r_towle
QUOTE(904svo @ Apr 1 2010, 12:16 PM) *

After many hours of testing I finally got the cylinder head temperture
with in 20 degress of each other. Now I have to get the oil temperture
flap to work, oil temp to low now 150 degress.
Click to view attachment

You might want to replace the tape around the oil cooled with something a bit more durable...I find duct tape to be alot stronger than masking tape.

Seriously, it looks great...where did you find the shroud and fan mount and bracket for the oil filler?????

Rich
904svo
After making changes in the fan ass'y to control the air flow better. Now its time
to really do some heat testing and tune the VE tables in MS1 unit.
engine now mounted in car thanks to John Jentz
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
That is so cool !!!!
jaxdream
That looks great aktion035.gif !!! Just a couple of questions though , it appears to be a type 1 altenator one wire type setup , that would be a economical soultion to the 911 setup , you could possibly use the serpentine pulley design that has been out some years for type 1's , also do you plan on some type of screen cover for the air intake to the fan ?? And lastly what type of rear suspension setup is that , custom design or something from another vehicle ??
904's , they should have made more !!!!

Jack / Jaxdream
904svo
QUOTE(jaxdream @ May 15 2010, 06:15 AM) *

That looks great aktion035.gif !!! Just a couple of questions though , it appears to be a type 1 altenator one wire type setup , that would be a economical soultion to the 911 setup , you could possibly use the serpentine pulley design that has been out some years for type 1's , also do you plan on some type of screen cover for the air intake to the fan ?? And lastly what type of rear suspension setup is that , custom design or something from another vehicle ??
904's , they should have made more !!!!

Jack / Jaxdream

Yes its a type 1 one wire alternator, the original 547 fan had a belt so I'm keeping
that. As for a rear screen the 547 did not have it so no screen. The rear suspension is a 5 bar setup that came with the 904 kit car.
EdwardBlume
Living the dream aktion035.gif
Dave_Darling
Dude, I wanna be you when I grow up!!!

..Or rather, IF I grow up.

--DD
rfuerst911sc
Very nice keep the updates coming.
904svo
After fixing many troubles with MegaSquirt after going to Alpha_N, Map signal was
too low for tuning. The fan sounded like straight cut gear and was TOO LOUD as the RPM's went up even the neighbors complain. Thanks from help from John Jentz
after 3 hours we were able to locate the noise source and stop it. Now I can continue tuning the Alpha_n tables and it runs great.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.