Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to 914Club.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
McMark
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 4 2010, 11:59 AM) *
The "word" on the club site was that you led the charge for the break up.....the lead whinner, so to speak.
Personally, I find that hard to believe. I don't think you could lead a Girl Scout marshmellow roast.
You can write this off thinking that I am a big admirer of Brad but you'd be wrong about that also.
Enjoy your petty remarks. Some, including me, think that's about all you're good for.
I trust the above clears things up for you.

I know I was blamed. I appreciate your clarity. Everyone ain't gonna like me, but at least I'm the only one with a 914 Limo! happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 4 2010, 11:59 AM) *

The "word" on the club site was that you led the charge for the break up.....the lead whinner, so to speak.

WTF.gif

Really? Mark? What? confused24.gif

Must be my Alzheimer setting in as i sure remember those events differently. wacko.gif

You are welcome to hear my side of the story next time we meet. Just ask ...
bye1.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 3 2010, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 3 2010, 09:20 AM) *

You can tell the club is down. Almost 400 people online at this site now.....

Yup, those extra 15 people really push the numbers up. lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

very proud of yourself for killing it off are you not? I think it is not funny. The club was a very good site.

Interesting. Someone's got some misinformation. rolleyes.gif

Since you're so informed, I can only infer that this new login was not your original login. Why not use your real account or otherwise announce who you are? Why ya' hiding?
hide.gif

The misinformation is that there was more than 15 at the club site when it went down. Your laughter at the club ending is not funny at all, remember your roots.
As an admin of this site you should be working to get one 914 community going in unity rather than your childish gloating regarding the clubs end, an end that you helped bring on.

Are you ever going to stop acting so childish? have some respect for the club. You may hate it, you may hate brad, but keep that venom to yourself. it is not appreciated here at all by the many folks that liked the club. I really expect more self control and maturity from an administrator.

Whoa! Easy Dave! I never stopped posting at Club. I didn't hate it. I like Brad. This isn't about Club or Brad. It is about you. Welcome back but don't think your fooling anyone by changing your name. dry.gif

i am not trying to fool anybody With internet fraud and online banking and such, many folks do not use there full or real name on websites. I used too, but no more.
with a name like "cone dragger" it seems like your not wanting to use your real name. do as I say but not as i do???

time for the gloating over the clubs end, or its membership numbers should end here and now.

My name is in my signature at the bottom of every post. Sorry you've been outted but it is fairly easy to tell from your tone who you are...
realred914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 4 2010, 11:40 AM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:32 AM) *

why dont you admins cool it for once and try to be uniting rather than being so offensive to the folks from the club. give it a try for 914 sakes

Why don't YOU cool it for a while and try to be uniting Dave? YOU and only YOU are the one that started calling people out in this thread. You are more than welcome here, but leave all of the us vs. them shit behind. We actually had. Had you visited this site semi regularly you would have seen we typically do not tolerate any discussion of the past ordeals. WE moved forward. Please try to do the same

seems mc mark (an Admin) started in with the gloating over the clubs end, on this thread before I posted anything. this thread was started to be about what happened to the club site. I go to read this thread to find out what happened and I read an admin making fun of the clubs end, and making up low numbers of club persons (the club had way more than 15 persons active on it, many of which are here now) Apparently not all of your "WE" had moved forward. top that off with accusation of me hiding behind a name, I simply choose nto to use my real name, as a large number of people have. I did not use my real name any longer for some time at the club site either, was I hiding then?

i say cool off on the laughter of the clubs end, and the ridiculing the false membership numbers of the club. To see an admin openly laugh at the clubs end is bad. at least one admin gave a nice welcome (thanks sir andy) to me, perhaps all admins should take note of this better behavior
Michael N
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 10:58 AM) *

In the spirit of Easter, rise from the dead and eat a peep.

Way too funny Rob. av-943.gif

I think we need a Rob Ways rim shot smiley.
realred914
No one is gloating. My name is Rob Ways and I'm not offended by any site, most 914s, helping people in need, the sandbox, or nice people.

I'm a guest on this site and I've learned a ton from both sites and even Brad himself.

In the spirit of Easter, rise from the dead and eat a peep. I wasn't around for the split and I know there's hard feelings, but its time to move on.... (and I was kidding on the story). Its been said, but if you can't laugh at yourself, you'll get blocked up and spend a fortune on prune juice...

yes rob there was gloating not by you but by mcmark an admin. He belittles the club with his laughter icons and statement about 15 club members. If this site wants to preach re-unification, then the admins need to lead by example.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 11:16 AM) *
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:32 AM) *

why dont you admins cool it for once and try to be uniting rather than being so offensive to the folks from the club. give it a try for 914 sakes

Why don't YOU cool it for a while and try to be uniting Dave? YOU and only YOU are the one that started calling people out in this thread. You are more than welcome here, but leave all of the us vs. them shit behind. We actually had. Had you visited this site semi regularly you would have seen we typically do not tolerate any discussion of the past ordeals. WE moved forward. Please try to do the same

seems mc mark (an Admin) started in with the gloating over the clubs end, on this thread before I posted anything. this thread was started to be about what happened to the club site. I go to read this thread to find out what happened and I read an admin making fun of the clubs end, and making up low numbers of club persons (the club had way more than 15 persons active on it, many of which are here now) Apparently not all of your "WE" had moved forward. top that off with accusation of me hiding behind a name, I simply choose nto to use my real name, as a large number of people have. I did not use my real name any longer for some time at the club site either, was I hiding then?

i say cool off on the laughter of the clubs end, and the ridiculing the false membership numbers of the club. To see an admin openly laugh at the clubs end is bad. at least one admin gave a nice welcome (thanks sir andy) to me, perhaps all admins should take note of this better behavior

Gosh... Make up your mind Dave. First Andy welcomes you back and you go after him, then you thank him for welcoming you back. I welcomed you too and you didn't acknowledge that and went after me for not using my real name. I am not an admin but I can almost see the fingers poised above the "banned button".
Just be a good World citizen and we will all welcome you back. blink.gif
rhodyguy
that might work. or just close it, with a disclaimer that ALL like topic threads will be closed and be done with it. the subject is as divisive as G&R threads.

k
realred914
Gosh... Make up your mind Dave. First Andy welcomes you back and you go after him, then you thank him for welcoming you back. I welcomed you too and you didn't acknowledge that and went after me for not using my real name. I am not an admin but I can almost see the fingers poised above the "banned button".
Just be a good World citizen and we will all welcome you back. blink.gif

REPLY:

It was mcmark that did the gloating, andy did not. I thanked andy for that, he is setting the example that is right. I just think that kind of attitude by mcmark is bad. we have posters now showing naked butts on this post,

so much for unity here
McMark
Dave, in all seriousness, your are absolutely right. You were right that I should not belittle the 914Club's demise. Even after the split, it flourished as a haven for racers and a lot of good information was shared there. My comment about '15 members' was childish, and as you mentioned, I should be better than that. The members who have stuck with 914Club, it must be discouraging and frustrating to have it close.

It was inappropriate for me to take cheap shots. So, I'm sorry for my snide comments.

[no joking, no sarcasm] sad.gif
realred914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 12:46 PM) *

Dave, in all seriousness, your are absolutely right. You were right that I should not belittle the 914Club's demise. Even after the split, it flourished as a haven for racers and a lot of good information was shared there. My comment about '15 members' was childish, and as you mentioned, I should be better than that. The members who have stuck with 914Club, it must be discouraging and frustrating to have it close.

It was inappropriate for me to take cheap shots. So, I'm sorry for my snide comments.

[no joking, no sarcasm] sad.gif

OK cool now!!!!
McMark
*shaking my head*
You win the argument and make me see the error, yet apparently it's not enough. confused24.gif

I still regret my comments.
hot_shoe914
So how old is this "Dave" dude, 5 or 6? Geez dude you are a fuching joke to mankind. Mark I admire you lettinghim win this childish argument of his but as for me I would have told him to GO FUCH HISSELF! Oh wait, let me add some gloating and laughter. lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif bootyshake.gif bootyshake.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

can we get a gloating smiley please?

Oh yeah, just one more thing..... welcome.png
Mike Bellis
Can we delete this thread and move on? I joined both after the split and I don't give a FUCH about all this political bull shit.

Let's all move on, welcome all club members and enjoy our 914's.

welcome.png
rick 918-S
Welcome Back Dave. welcome.png Since you haven't been around here for awhile Please take a minute and read the rules. Things changed around here in your absence. And log in under your old screen name while your at it. bye1.gif

World rules not my rules.

This is not targeted and anyone in particular. Just reminding all of the world how we have matured.

* Don't call anyone names. Treat other members like your mother taught you - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No personal attacks.

Rule Addendum - 24 Feb 2007.

* Any "Us vs Them" thread relating to other 914 sites will be immediately deleted without warning or notice. It's time to move on.

Darwinism may or not be in play here. Let's all remember the good times when good things were happening. Can we?
bandjoey
lol-2.gif Oh yeah? You and whose army! Did not! Did to. Mommy! C sharp or B flat! Monkey breath! Yeah? Well it takes one to know one! Oh yeah? Well you'll still be ugly tomorrow!

Anyone want to add another? happy11.gif

I love it. Both groups back and stronger than ever. beerchug.gif

Let it be said..zzz...NEVER AGAIN. We have nothing to fear but more bullhocky.

chowtime.gif Amen now let's be friends and eat. I vote to lock this up and move on.

Second the motion?
DanT
I am just surprised that the new owner has not gotten it up and running yet. Would seem to me the longer it is down, the more folks will migrate to other sites, be it here or elsewhere.
And then not return to the old site...confused24.gif
Time to let it all go, if you want to have a site for 914s, World is here and has many of the same folks and lots of the others we have not talked to in a while...
I have seen this coming for quite some time now, and am not at all surprised that B decided to move on, for whatever his reasons. Good luck to him in the future.
B is gone and so is the site for now. When and if it comes back, it will be much different in many ways no doubt...end of an era. OK. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(DanT @ Apr 4 2010, 04:36 PM) *

I am just surprised that the new owner has not gotten it up and running yet.

I'm not. This stuff takes time. The old owner needs time to clean out everything he does not want to pass on, then the new owner needs time to move everything off the old server, find a new home and get everything up and running again.

Each of these steps takes time.
shades.gif Andy
DanT
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 4 2010, 04:25 PM) *

I'm not. This stuff takes time. The old owner needs time to clean out everything he does not want to pass on, then the new owner needs time to move everything off the old server, find a new home and get everything up and running again.

shades.gif Andy

I bow to your expertise in those types of matters Andy....I have no clue what so ever in IT stuff.
RJMII
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 4 2010, 06:25 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Does the new owner have you helping him? stirthepot.gif poke.gif
ChrisFoley
IBTL smile.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 4 2010, 08:53 PM) *

IBTL smile.gif

laugh.gif [I had to look that up too bootyshake.gif ]
rmital
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:06 PM) *

IBTL smile.gif

:::In Before The Lock:::???
Chris, when do you have time to learn to speak IM...
...I had to ask my teenager what that one meant!
hot_shoe914
I think this pain medicine I am on causes constipation. My dang poop is like rabbit turds only bigger. bs.gif
Lou W
Mmmmmm
jd74914
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 4 2010, 09:11 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:06 PM) *

IBTL smile.gif

:::In Before The Lock:::???

I was wondering that too...I always thought I spoke IM pretty well (for a 21 year old at least). laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 4 2010, 10:11 PM) *

shades.gif
I rely on my Chief Technician for more than just auto mechanics.
idea.gif type.gif happy11.gif
beerchug.gif
grantsfo
I have been praying for all of you today. Then went back to posting on AXPaddock.com
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 4 2010, 06:50 PM) *

I have been praying for all of you today.

Nice pict.. were you an altarboy?

For those of you not in the know... that would be Grant...
grantsfo
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 08:00 PM) *

No ...Just a smartass hanging with my brother-in-law, an iPhone, a nicely placed crystal lamp and maybe one too many glasses of of pinot at the family Easter event. LOL!
DanT
biggrin.gif lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
Oh, that's good. I thought again that it could have been your annual action photo of your neighborhood lighting up and you praying not to lose your house...
messix
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 4 2010, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 08:00 PM) *

No ...Just a smartass hanging with my brother-in-law, an iPhone, a nicely placed crystal lamp and maybe one too many glasses of of pinot at the family Easter event. LOL!

that was funny!!!!

but this thread is still going?! ARE YOU EEFING KIDING ME!!!!! slap.gif

STFU!!!!!!! mad.gif

this shit was over long ago. sure there might be some remarks from time to time... just fucking ignore it!!! WTF.gif

oh and IBL piratenanner.gif
EdwardBlume
C'mon its not over until we see Rico's hairy butt.. oh, that's right.. maybe it is over.. KMA.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 4 2010, 08:25 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Sounds like more caffeen might help the process

Rich
zymurgist
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:20 PM) *

I think this pain medicine I am on causes constipation. My dang poop is like rabbit turds only bigger. bs.gif

I'm doing an Atkins induction. My poop could be used to fill boat anchors.
Drums66

I am just surprised that the new owner has not gotten it up and running yet. Would seem to me the longer it is down, the more folks will migrate to other sites, be it here or elsewhere.
And then not return to the old site...confused24.gif

.....As in true Migration, the Pelicans always return idea.gif bye1.gif
tat2dphreak

it will be up and running soon, the new parts are probably on backorder smile.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 5 2010, 09:50 AM) *

it will be up and running soon, the new parts are probably on backorder smile.gif

av-943.gif
realred914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 4 2010, 03:11 PM) *

Welcome Back Dave. welcome.png Since you haven't been around here for awhile Please take a minute and read the rules. Things changed around here in your absence. And log in under your old screen name while your at it. bye1.gif

This is not targeted and anyone in particular. Just reminding all of the world how we have matured.

* Don't call anyone names. Treat other members like your mother taught you - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No personal attacks.

* Any "Us vs Them" thread relating to other 914 sites will be immediately deleted without warning or notice. It's time to move on.

Darwinism may or not be in play here. Let's all remember the good times when good things were happening. Can we?

thanks for the welcome

perhaps in light of the rules, the sheep fucking and pile of shit icons shoudl be deleted from the choices offered by the site? i doubt they are "mom" approved.

You might also want to direct your reminder of the rules to some of the above posters other than me alone. Rules are rules right? Apply them all the time to all or not at all.

RJMII
Dave Menche? dmenche from club? is that you? IIRC; you had some good tips for me for a project I was working on that I posted about over there.

welcome.png
Long time no see, buddy! How ya been?
realred914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 12:51 PM) *

*shaking my head*
You win the argument and make me see the error, yet apparently it's not enough. confused24.gif

really totally enough for me, cool? confused24.gif

lets move on driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 5 2010, 12:03 PM) *

*shaking my head*

lets move on driving.gif

agree.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 5 2010, 10:08 AM) *

*shaking my head*

lets move on driving.gif

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 5 2010, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 5 2010, 10:08 AM) *

*shaking my head*

lets move on driving.gif

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif

agree.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 5 2010, 11:58 AM) *

thanks for the welcome

perhaps in light of the rules, the sheep fucking and pile of shit icons shoudl be deleted from the choices offered by the site? i doubt they are "mom" approved.

You might also want to direct your reminder of the rules to some of the above posters other than me alone. Rules are rules right? Apply them all the time to all or not at all.

Dave,

If you read my post you will see I directed my post to All. I let things go about as long as I can hoping people will self correct. When they don't I will politely remind members of the rules. I hope the chip that appears to have been on your shoulder since before the split falls off. I would really rather have a pleasant exchange than this nasty bitter partisan exchange you seem to want to continue. I would have thought you would have matured some. Either stop the crap or get off this forum. I'm really trying to be nice here.
realred914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2010, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 5 2010, 11:58 AM) *

thanks for the welcome

Dave,

If you read my post you will see I directed my post to All. I let things go about as long as I can hoping people will self correct. When they don't I will politely remind members of the rules. I hope the chip that appears to have been on your shoulder since before the split falls off. I would really rather have a pleasant exchange than this nasty bitter partisan exchange you seem to want to continue. I would have thought you would have matured some. Either stop the crap or get off this forum. I'm really trying to be nice here.

rick: Your trying to be nice is a total fialure maybe your chip on your shoulder will disapper soon maybe the crap you dish out will stop, maybe your bitter partisan attitude will change. try to mature some.
ericread
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 5 2010, 11:40 AM) *

rick: Your trying to be nice is a total fialure maybe your chip on your shoulder will disapper soon maybe the crap you dish out will stop, maybe your bitter partisan attitude will change. try to mature some.

So can I assume the "Let's move on" idea wasn't accepted...

But seriously, do we have something to say or has this become another post whore thread being used to increase the counts... biggrin.gif

zymurgist
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 5 2010, 02:46 PM) *

But seriously, do we have something to say or has this become another post whore thread being used to increase the counts... biggrin.gif

IMO post whores need to post pictures of cool cars or hot chicks.
realred914
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 5 2010, 11:46 AM) *

was accepted by me, rick kind of shot that down reel fast with his personal attack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.