Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to 914Club.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
recko911
Website has been down for a couple of days now.. will it return soon...
johannes
To make a long story short...
George Hussey from Autoatlanta bought the 914club forum.
They have to transfer the files on George's servers.
The forum will be re-opened soon.
EdwardBlume
Can't we be a little more creative and make something cool up? I'll give it a try...

"The 914 club went on a vacation in the Pacific and the airplane crashed near a deserted island. The stranded survivors decided to salvage the airplane equipment and keep the site going....

Strangely, a rift errupted between those who wanted to keep posting concours details and hourly updates for a monthly 914 breakfast in Chowchilla, and the others who just wanted to send an SOS and go home before their wives cashed the insurance check (little did they know it was too late as each cashed in about 2 hours after the airplane took off) and then went and bought Boxsters....

Slowly, admin after admin began disappearing (this is still being made up) until a strange supernatural force began posting tech tips and other useful information on the club site. They began finding clues in the form of value price repo parts via drop shipped helium balloons and floating bottles.

The savage clubbers began complaining (naturally) that balloons were popped and not all the bottles arrived... some even began posting that they'll NEVER buy parts from anywhere, ever again, ever.... which kind of pissed off the supernatural...

Jake Raby circled the island in his attack helicopter heavily armed and ready to kick ass, but changed his mind, peed out the window, and flew to Boxster Island instead. The savages thought the odd colored rain would make a nice color for a "steam ginny" conversion.

Eventually, the clubbers realized they were actually on a reclaimation pond in Barstow and flagged down Nancy Pelosi's modestly government funded 747... Nancy actually spotted them personally since she's up to her ears in that kind of stuff daily..

The supernatural was actually a weather ballon (or was it?)...

About 2 days later, Rico Suave showed up and is living there permanently... as confirmed by Barstow's increased avitar downloads..."

How's that?

DBCooper
Rob, I like your story LOTS better. You know if we repeat it often enough it will become history.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 3 2010, 08:20 AM) *

Can't we be a little more creative and make something cool up? I'll give it a try...

"The 914 club went on a vacation in the Pacific and the airplane crashed near a deserted island. The stranded survivors decided to salvage the airplane equipment and keep the site going....

Strangely, a rift errupted between those who wanted to keep posting concours details and hourly updates for a monthly 914 breakfast in Chowchilla, and the others who just wanted to send an SOS and go home before their wives cashed the insurance check (little did they know it was too late as each cashed in about 2 hours after the airplane took off) and then went and bought Boxsters....

Slowly, admin after admin began disappearing (this is still being made up) until a strange supernatural force began posting tech tips and other useful information on the club site. They began finding clues in the form of value price repo parts via drop shipped helium balloons and floating bottles.

The savage clubbers began complaining (naturally) that balloons were popped and not all the bottles arrived... some even began posting that they'll NEVER buy parts from anywhere, ever again, ever.... which kind of pissed off the supernatural...

Jake Raby circled the island in his attack helicopter heavily armed and ready to kick ass, but changed his mind, peed out the window, and flew to Boxster Island instead. The savages thought the odd colored rain would make a nice color for a "steam ginny" conversion.

Eventually, the clubbers realized they were actually on a reclaimation pond in Barstow and flagged down Nancy Pelosi's modestly government funded 747... Nancy actually spotted them personally since she's up to her ears in that kind of stuff daily..

About 2 days later, Rico Suave showed up and is living there permanently... as confirmed by Barstow's increased avitar downloads..."

How's that?

Awaiting the sequel! beer.gif popcorn[1].gif
DanT
Great synopsis Rob biggrin.gif
KELTY360
Pretty well sums it up. But couldn't you punch up the drama a bit? stirthepot.gif
Joe Bob
who cares.....
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 3 2010, 06:32 AM) *

Rob, I like your story LOTS better. You know if we repeat it often enough it will become history.

I second that!

Was it a weather ballon or maybe Wilson?
URY914
the end of an era....
Heeltoe914
Rob I didn't like the ending!!!! biggrin.gif

Almost sounds like parts of the Gambella story. Has anyone heard a end to that? I truly hope it ends well.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Apr 3 2010, 07:36 AM) *

Rob I didn't like the ending!!!! biggrin.gif

Almost sounds like parts of the Gambella story. Has anyone heard a end to that? I truly hope it ends well.

OK, then I'll add:

"Rico Suave noticed something rusty at the bottom of the pond.... it turned out to be a rare prototype, we'll nickname it #2.

He put it up on eBay and fetched $2MM then to Vegas and flipped it into a cool billion. Last anyone heard of him, he had his own chateau along the LeMans route..

We should all be so lucky"

BTW - I'm just poking fun in jest... poke.gif by now people should know my sense of humor and I've got nothing but love for 914ers. cheer.gif cheer.gif
tradisrad
I thought that aliens had taken over Brad's mind and convinced him to start www.4x4Yugo.com
IPB Image
sean_v8_914
did Pelosi hook up with the admins or the alien? did they all have breakfast on boxter island? I get lost with these multi plot non linear scenes
StratPlayer
You can tell the club is down. Almost 400 people online at this site now.....
tradisrad
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 3 2010, 09:20 AM) *

and not one of us working on our cars
Tom_T
QUOTE(johannes @ Apr 3 2010, 01:34 AM) *

To make a long story short...
George Hussey from Autoatlanta bought the 914club forum.
They have to transfer the files on George's servers.
The forum will be re-opened soon.

Good for you George, just don't abandon us here at the world!!!! sad.gif

Now he can turn his AA freebie w/ $200 purchase t-shirts wording around to 914 Club!!! biggrin.gif
ericread
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 3 2010, 07:19 AM) *

Pretty well sums it up. But couldn't you punch up the drama a bit? stirthepot.gif

Didn't you read the story? It included both Jake Raby and Rico Suave! How much drama do you want???

Eric lol3.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Apr 3 2010, 12:34 PM) *

and not one of us working on our cars

I actually have been working on my car. biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Rob, you should write for a living. The first post on the new 914club.com site should be by you with this explaination of what happened followed by how it finally got it back up and running again. Excellent work

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 3 2010, 06:20 AM) *

How's that?
DBCooper
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 3 2010, 09:48 AM) *

Rob, you should write for a living.

Yeah, go apply at woot.com, and do it right now. Those skills are perfectly transferable, in fact I even thought I heard echoes in the room.

Drums66
Rob........forgot to mention the yellow snow that was eaten
by someone?? stirthepot.gif popcorn[1].gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 3 2010, 09:55 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 3 2010, 09:48 AM) *

Rob, you should write for a living.

Yeah, go apply at woot.com, and do it right now. Those skills are perfectly transferable, in fact I even thought I heard echoes in the room.

Oh, trying to get me to go to some "other" site are you... I'm not falling for that one! rolleyes.gif
McMark

Yup, those extra 15 people really push the numbers up. lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

EDIT: 4/4 I regret these immature comments. Sorry. sad.gif
Porcharu
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 3 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Beat me to it!
I showed 'the club' (this one!) to my boss as an example of successful forum and he was blown away by the number of members online.
scotty b
A caustic substance ate away at it until the hell hole rotted out. Eventually that got into the longitudinal and the whole damn thing folded up. Now you can't even get the door open to peek inside.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Rob:
For crying out loud you really broke the Bubble ,I thought that was real!!!!

You also ruined my opinion of Nancy Palosi , I think Big Foot was involved

in some way. Dave slap.gif

realred914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 3 2010, 06:34 PM) *

very proud of yourself for killing it off are you not? I think it is not funny. The club was a very good site.
McMark
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:19 AM) *

very proud of yourself for killing it off are you not? I think it is not funny. The club was a very good site.

Interesting. Someone's got some misinformation. rolleyes.gif

Since you're so informed, I can only infer that this new login was not your original login. Why not use your real account or otherwise announce who you are? Why ya' hiding?
hide.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 09:28 AM) *

Since you're so informed, I can only infer that this new login was not your original login. Why not use your real account or otherwise announce who you are? Why ya' hiding?
hide.gif

In my best Cheech and Chong voice: "Dave's not here man!" lol-2.gif
McMark
That's my guess too. cool.gif
RJMII
Well, it's certainly not Grant; there aren't enough spelling and grammatical errors. poke.gif stirthepot.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 4 2010, 09:49 AM) *

Well, it's certainly not Grant; there aren't enough spelling and grammatical errors. poke.gif stirthepot.gif

Grant would never sneak in the back door. Not a passive-aggressive bone in his body. Besides, he is back and has posted under his same old screen name...

SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 10:43 AM) *
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 10:37 AM) *

hide.gif

Nothing a quick IP lookup can't fix ...

And yes, you were both correct, it's our good old friend Dave Menche.
You know, the one that swore to never ever post here again ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
realred914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 10:28 AM) *

hide.gif

The misinformation is that there was more than 15 at the club site when it went down. Your laughter at the club ending is not funny at all, remember your roots.
As an admin of this site you should be working to get one 914 community going in unity rather than your childish gloating regarding the clubs end, an end that you helped bring on.

Are you ever going to stop acting so childish? have some respect for the club. You may hate it, you may hate brad, but keep that venom to yourself. it is not appreciated here at all by the many folks that liked the club. I really expect more self control and maturity from an administrator.
scotty b
This is exactly why the vast majority of us came here when the split happened. Try on a pair of fresh boxers Dave and feel the freedom of not having your panties in a bunch. Get a sense of humor and learn to laugh at everything, even yourself. Have a nice easter Grumplestiltskin dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 11:26 AM) *

I really expect more self control and maturity from an administrator.

Welcome back Dave:

welcome.png

Now stop the childish behavior and use your old account, we all know who you are ...
shades.gif Andy
realred914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 4 2010, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2010, 10:43 AM) *
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 10:37 AM) *

hide.gif

Nothing a quick IP lookup can't fix ...

And yes, you were both correct, it's our good old friend Dave Menche.
You know, the one that swore to never ever post here again ...

rolleyes.gif Andy

and this is coming from the same andy that is the one that stated he was getting out of 914s after the split. why dont you admins cool it for once and try to be uniting rather than being so offensive to the folks from the club. give it a try for 914 sakes
ConeDodger
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:26 AM) *

hide.gif

The misinformation is that there was more than 15 at the club site when it went down. Your laughter at the club ending is not funny at all, remember your roots.
As an admin of this site you should be working to get one 914 community going in unity rather than your childish gloating regarding the clubs end, an end that you helped bring on.

Are you ever going to stop acting so childish? have some respect for the club. You may hate it, you may hate brad, but keep that venom to yourself. it is not appreciated here at all by the many folks that liked the club. I really expect more self control and maturity from an administrator.

Whoa! Easy Dave! I never stopped posting at Club. I didn't hate it. I like Brad. This isn't about Club or Brad. It is about you. Welcome back but don't think your fooling anyone by changing your name. dry.gif
r_towle
Dave,
The Club is not dead, just transitioning to a new owner...give it a day or two.

Rich
rhodyguy
ha!!

k
Joe Bob
Again,

WHO CARES?
scotty b
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:32 AM) *

why dont you admins cool it for once and try to be uniting rather than being so offensive to the folks from the club. give it a try for 914 sakes

Why don't YOU cool it for a while and try to be uniting Dave? YOU and only YOU are the one that started calling people out in this thread. You are more than welcome here, but leave all of the us vs. them shit behind. We actually had. Had you visited this site semi regularly you would have seen we typically do not tolerate any discussion of the past ordeals. WE moved forward. Please try to do the same
SirAndy
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 11:32 AM) *

why dont you admins cool it for once and try to be uniting rather than being so offensive to the folks from the club. give it a try for 914 sakes

We have for a long time. You just weren't around to notice ...

It's you who is trying to pry some old wounds open. Can't say i am surprised.
dry.gif Andy
realred914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:26 AM) *

hide.gif

Whoa! Easy Dave! I never stopped posting at Club. I didn't hate it. I like Brad. This isn't about Club or Brad. It is about you. Welcome back but don't think your fooling anyone by changing your name. dry.gif

i am not trying to fool anybody With internet fraud and online banking and such, many folks do not use there full or real name on websites. I used too, but no more.
with a name like "cone dragger" it seems like your not wanting to use your real name. do as I say but not as i do???

time for the gloating over the clubs end, or its membership numbers should end here and now.
Joe Bob
Here ya go....I even signed it for ya....

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2010, 11:34 AM) *

i am not trying to fool anybody With internet fraud and online banking and such, many folks do not use there full or real name on websites. I used too, but no more.
with a name like "cone dragger" it seems like your not wanting to use your real name. do as I say but not as i do???

time for the gloating over the clubs end, or its membership numbers should end here and now.

No one is gloating. My name is Rob Ways and I'm not offended by any site, most 914s, helping people in need, the sandbox, or nice people.

I'm a guest on this site and I've learned a ton from both sites and even Brad himself.

In the spirit of Easter, rise from the dead and eat a peep. I wasn't around for the split and I know there's hard feelings, but its time to move on.... (and I was kidding on the story). Its been said, but if you can't laugh at yourself, you'll get blocked up and spend a fortune on prune juice...
scotty b
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:51 AM) *

Yes my lord pray.gif
J P Stein

hide.gif

The "word" on the club site was that you led the charge for the break up.....the lead whinner, so to speak.
Personally, I find that hard to believe. I don't think you could lead a Girl Scout marshmellow roast.
You can write this off thinking that I am a big admirer of Brad but you'd be wrong about that also.
Enjoy your petty remarks. Some, including me, think that's about all you're good for.
I trust the above clears things up for you.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.