Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My most in depth Parts Vault entry so far
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Whew! Just finished typing my most in depth addition to the Parts Vault. This is the type of article that I imagine the Parts Vault someday being more like. Someplace members can read about how each and every component on a 914 works, how it breaks, how to fix it, etc. It's a ton of work, and I'm still trying to figure out how best to organize this information so it's easier to find. But at least I'm getting the info typed in. Trying to do a couple of parts per week.

Fuel Tank Level Sender
Mike Bellis
Thanks Mark, mine stopped working yesterday after I removed it from the tank. Now i will see if it can be fixed.
Mike Bellis
I pulled it and cleaned it as you described. If I operate it out of the tank, opened up, It will read correctly as I move the float. If I put it in the tank, with 3/4 tank, it reads empty! I am using an Autometer programmable gauge. My next step is to replace the ground wire and sender wire. Like I said, it works out of the tank, just not in the tank. If it's not the wiring, the float is sinking...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.