Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: couple question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigvag
Ok on a 75 I'm looking for all kinda seals for the windows, doors, trunk both of them, and the top. Is there any diy type or a cheaper alternative then oem. Also I've been looking for wheels for the car, it has the 911 brake upgrade, so its the 5x130 pattern. There isn't much options for that pattern unless I want to put some 20's on the car, not going to happen. And I don't want the fuch just not my style. So is there another option to change the bolt pattern like from a bmw 302. Now I'm going to descibe this part to you, but forgive me I don't know all the parts on the car by name yet. Its part of the front suspension its the tube looking thing that runs from left to right with the stearing rack. There seems to be some adjustment nut on each side of it that has a square end. It connects to another thing that runs toward the front of the car. You would have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this out. Any ways if someone can identify what I'm talking about how should this be, right now the adjustment nut is completely loose and the part it adjusts is wobbly.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes between mikey an us all of them are made they are great and they are reasonally priced. the latest is to bolt on the wheel four to five lug adaptors and then bolt on five lug boxster or 996 7.5 wheels under the stock fender wells! CAnnot be beat. The adjusters are to tension the torsion bars to raise or lower the car.

QUOTE(bigvag @ Apr 5 2010, 04:05 PM) *

Ok on a 75 I'm looking for all kinda seals for the windows, doors, trunk both of them, and the top. Is there any diy type or a cheaper alternative then oem. Also I've been looking for wheels for the car, it has the 911 brake upgrade, so its the 5x130 pattern. There isn't much options for that pattern unless I want to put some 20's on the car, not going to happen. And I don't want the fuch just not my style. So is there another option to change the bolt pattern like from a bmw 302. Now I'm going to descibe this part to you, but forgive me I don't know all the parts on the car by name yet. Its part of the front suspension its the tube looking thing that runs from left to right with the stearing rack. There seems to be some adjustment nut on each side of it that has a square end. It connects to another thing that runs toward the front of the car. You would have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this out. Any ways if someone can identify what I'm talking about how should this be, right now the adjustment nut is completely loose and the part it adjusts is wobbly.
realred914
the bar rack is muonted to?

a sway bar maybe a 911 style if supension was cahnged to 911 type? stock sway bar goes thru inner fender wall under gas tnak staock sawy bar will have square ends, should be hooked to a-arm unless part is missing

photo?????
bigvag
I've already got a 5 lug, thats the problem its a 5x130 pattern and the wheel selection is limited. Can I switch them to the bmw more common wheel pattern, what is involved in this swap.Click to view attachment
d914
with bolt on spacers u can use boxster wheels 16/17's. cookies, phone dials, fiske if you got the bucks, bbs, diamond are cheap. panna sports etc etc. Its better to stay within the 5x130 pattern. There are alot of choices if you look.
bigvag
QUOTE(d914 @ Apr 5 2010, 05:46 PM) *

with bolt on spacers u can use boxster wheels 16/17's. cookies, phone dials, fiske if you got the bucks, bbs, diamond are cheap. panna sports etc etc. Its better to stay within the 5x130 pattern. There are alot of choices if you look.

Didn't fiske go out of business
r_towle
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 5 2010, 07:08 PM) *

the latest is to bolt on the wheel four to five lug adaptors and then bolt on five lug boxster or 996 7.5 wheels under the stock fender wells! CAnnot be beat.

Can you elaborate on this?
A couple of questions specifically.
What wheel do you use? year, width, diameter, part number if needed.
Can you post a few pictures....
Post a pic of the adapter please.
Post a pic of a car using this setup?
you can email them if its easier.
Rich
rohar
QUOTE(bigvag @ Apr 5 2010, 06:38 PM) *

I've already got a 5 lug, thats the problem its a 5x130 pattern and the wheel selection is limited. Can I switch them to the bmw more common wheel pattern, what is involved in this swap.Click to view attachment

There are "outside the box solutions" out there. I managed to snag a set of billett front hubs and redrilled rear hubs at 4x114.5 bolt pattern. This allows a MASSIVE selection of rims and 911 front disks with M calipers.

When I received the hubs, I did have the old rear 4x120 holes filled, the 4x114.5 holes gusseted and the whole things normalized. I used to snap hubs on my scirocco and didn't want to repeat that experience wink.gif

If I didn't fall into this setup, I was going to look into the 4x100 rear hubs off the audi 4000. They use the same bearings, and I've got a suspicion (albeit not confirmed) that they may fit our half shafts.
Dave_Darling
The threaded part shown in the photo is the front ride height adjustment. Thread it in to raise that corner of the car, thread it out to lower that corner.

The stock bolt spacing is 4x130mm. Lots of Bug wheels with the wrong offset made with that spacing, far fewer 914-friendly wheels.

The five-bolt setup, 5x130mm, gives you lots of choices. Look for anything that fits a 911, Boxster, 944, etc. With some of them you will need spacers, but with older wheels in particular you should be fine. Look for "cookie cutter" wheels; they're inexpensive and the 6x15s fit nicely. And they're not Fuchs windmills, which you evidently do not want.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.