Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two New Mods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iiibdsiil
IPB Image
Larger

Just kidding to all of those that don't get to drive their 914s. Just getting ready for an oil change tomorrow.

And...

IPB Image

The tach went in real easy. Took about 15 minutes.
Brad Roberts
Yep. I use that tach also.. slips right in. I cut the old rubber "band" from the old tach and modify it to work with the Autometer.

B
iiibdsiil
I didn't have to cut mine. Just a little bit of KY Jel... errr... vasoline.

- Brett Smith
Eric Taylor
Your pretty dam lucky driving your car and all. I wish all I had to do was an oil change! Is your car idiling high? Or is the tach off?
Eric
iiibdsiil
Tachs off. But it does idle high, just not that high.

Sorry about yours.
Brad Roberts
The tach is what we call a "tell tale" it records the highest RPM before you shut the car off. His tach should have a "reset" button on it to clear it.

B
machina
What model is that?

How does it connect to the ignition on a car with webers.

I love the old porsche gauges but the redline on my new motor will be >7500, so have to start thinking about a new tach.

There are porsche tachs that go to 8k and 10k but they are much $$$, and probably not as accurate as your autometer.

dr
iiibdsiil
It is Autometer Autogage. 5 inch. With no external shift light, it is 99$. It is dead on. I never realized my factory one was shot until I had this one.

I am not sure on how to hook it up in your situation. I believe I have an electronic (computer) tach signal, but if Porsches are anything like the GMs, you can hook up to the negative on the coil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.