Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vertical Roll Bar to Targa Rubber top Plug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I'm going to get a set of vertical window seals from Mikey but he only sells the rubber seal and I have to find my own top plugs for the seals. The tops on my car are beat up and worthless. His are $26 vs $125. I can make a plug from RTV for that much difference, but I'd like to find a pair in good condition if not new.

Anyone have a source of that top plug? Thanks
Mikey914
The can be cut from the old seals, but I do have these in the works, 4-6 weeks out. You can cut the extrusions and seal with silicone. But I will have this addressed very soon.

Tahnks,
Mark
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 9 2010, 09:45 PM) *

I'm going to get a set of vertical window seals from Mikey but he only sells the rubber seal and I have to find my own top plugs for the seals. The tops on my car are beat up and worthless. His are $26 vs $125. I can make a plug from RTV for that much difference, but I'd like to find a pair in good condition if not new.

Anyone have a source of that top plug? Thanks

We have the one piece seals repro for 38.50 each which have the top extrusion but of course are more expensive than mikeys.
bandjoey
Will the plug be a separate piece to glue on or molded on? I.e. Do I get the existing seal now and wait for the plug or wait for thecomplete seal?
Thanks Mark
Mikey914
My plug will be long enough that you could retrofit the extrusions that have already been purchased. Even those that have been cut and plugged. The idea is that I needed to have made these and that way you'll be able to have the correct fit. These will be able to be glued on and have a small "plug" that will extend into the extrusion to orientate it correctly

These will be about $11 a set. I just need to finish a few other projects I have started to tool up on these.

-Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.