Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: throttle cable removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
removing the throtlle cable from therr rear, but it won't move and is begining to tear. what is this nipple in the pic. i don;t see it on any other pics of the tube i looked at?

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
That looks like the end of the cable has separated from the sheath. The "nipple" is part of the cable. It looks rusted to the tube on the firewall. Grab it with a pair of channel locks and twist it to see if it will come off. I assume you've disconnected it at the pedal?
nycchef
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 10 2010, 12:37 PM) *

That looks like the end of the cable has separated from the sheath. The "nipple" is part of the cable. It looks rusted to the tube on the firewall. Grab it with a pair of channel locks and twist it to see if it will come off. I assume you've disconnected it at the pedal?

pedal assembly is out. i tried twisting it but it seems frozen, what if i heat it up and then twist. i am just afraid of breaking the tube inside the tunnel
jt914-6
Had the same thing happen a couple days ago when I replaced the cable for a friend. The ferrule stuck to the tube. As Curt said, grab it with some channel locks/vice grips and carefully twist it off.....
TheCabinetmaker
there are fuel lines in the area so be careful with any heat. Try some PB Blaster and let it set for a while. keep working it till it loosens.
nycchef
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 10 2010, 01:26 PM) *

there are fuel lines in the area so be careful with any heat. Try some PB Blaster and let it set for a while. keep working it till it loosens.

thanks will give it a try again
hey chappy.... what are you doin lurking around this thread i'm pretty sure there are no parts on your car that look like this
p.s how are my fuchs holding up biggrin.gif
tod914

Click to view attachment
nycchef
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 10 2010, 03:16 PM) *

got it new one is in good shot at being on the road this week
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(nycchef @ Apr 10 2010, 07:47 PM) *

That is good to hear. Now I fully expect you at the MUSR 11, Teeners on the Tail down on the Dragon in October. aktion035.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 10 2010, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(nycchef @ Apr 10 2010, 07:47 PM) *

That is good to hear. Now I fully expect you at the MUSR 11, Teeners on the Tail down on the Dragon in October. aktion035.gif

i don't know about oct yet. but. i am talking to investors up here this week about opening a new southern style restaurant in manhattan. this will require research so i plan to visit new orleans, santa fe and memphis (need to check out the pulled pork @ rendevous) we shall see beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Great job Rich. Ain't this place great?

Tell me more about your restaurant. What kinda cooking is southern? Lots of different styles in the mentioned cities. Pulled pork huh? I'm part of a competition bbq team in KCBS. We've won several 1st place in Brisket, pulled pork, and chicken. Ribs has been our downfall. Best we've been able to do is 3rd. Here's a link to our bbq forum. Great place to get questions answered, and we're always happy to have experienced chefs join us.

http://www.theqjoint.com/home/

If you like what you see and decide to join, please list the "cabinetmaker" as your referral (shamless plug and I get nothing for it).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.