Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drummerboytom
[I]can anyone suggest the origin of a six-pot engine number 6291151 . Previous owner is suggesting it has been re-worked to 2500cc . icon14.gif
Brad Roberts
Tell Steve to stop giving out the wrong number. The number your looking for starts with a 901/XX or 911/XX.

I have been trying for months to buy that engine.

B
drummerboytom
so maybe it should read 911/51 .
does that make more sense icon14.gif
wtf is Steve confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
For a early engine.. it should be 911/01 thru 911/06 or something close.

This is the engine/trans combo sitting at Steve Weiss' place correct ?? I'm not jumping your shit... Steve is a Porsche guy and keeps giving out this number and I cant figure out why.

B
J P Stein
911/51 is a 72/73 2.4L MFI,T motor. 140 hp.
Brad Roberts
I was being a F-ing "WANKER". You didnt have your location listed and I have a local peson trying to sell a 2.5 engine with a similar number on the fan shroud.

Dont mind me. Hell of a welcome huh ?? beerchug.gif

B
J P Stein
6291151:

6= 6 cylinder
2= T coupe....not positive bout that
9 = 69....model year
1151 sequential serial #

All this means 2.0L T motor. 110hp. Aluminum case, iron cyls. Add 90mm P/Cs and you get 2.5L....these cyls are aluminum.
914Timo
engine number 6291151

It can be 930/04 3.0 liter 180 hp six from 1979 too...... icon14.gif
drummerboytom
Dont mind me. Hell of a welcome huh ??

No worries .You have a rep. to maintain Brad, and as we've crossed swords before ( roadglue ? ) i know exactly what to expect :finger2:
aktion035.gif

It can be 930/04 3.0 liter 180 hp six from 1979 too......

I wish !! biggrin.gif

All this means 2.0L T motor. 110hp. Aluminum case, iron cyls. Add 90mm P/Cs and you get 2.5L....these cyls are aluminum.

O.K , thanks for that driving.gif
Brad Roberts
I hear you. They cant get rid of me. I'm a thorn in everyones side that wont go away. wacko.gif

Welcome to the new site. We have several "Brits" on the board.

I would like for more of them to show up...

B
Ferg
Brad,
I don't think as many people want you gone, now that you have that new avatar biggrin.gif
drummerboytom
We have several "Brits" on the board.I would like for more of them to show up...

I'll see what i can do clap56.gif
fuch toy
Just don't invite the French.....Brad has a bad enough attitude........ unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.