Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine is in cranks good
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
i finished up the engine, lookin good, was up till after 1am so not a lot of time to trouble shoot. Symptoms include...

NO FUEL

the fuel pump was just replaced and a few fuel lines were changed. the pump is running strong but there is no fuel anywhere. fuel pressure guage dosnt even bump or twitch so i nheed to check tonight

fuel, is there any in the tank
any lines kinked or pinched
clogged fuel filtre

anything eles to check??

car has been sitting ass up with no motor for about 2 months. fuel lines were plugged with a bolt.

joe
dr914@autoatlanta.com
FRom what you said, maybe the lines are misrouted. Make sure first that the delivery line when disconnected at the rear POURS fuel. If not there is the problem. Next check the routing D R S d for deliver to the right pass injector rail, s for suck from the main larger line through the tunnel and through the fuel filter, and R for the return from the fuel pressure regulator and the smaller return line through the tunnel both connected to that nipple via a thee way connector

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 22 2010, 09:21 AM) *

i finished up the engine, lookin good, was up till after 1am so not a lot of time to trouble shoot. Symptoms include...

NO FUEL

the fuel pump was just replaced and a few fuel lines were changed. the pump is running strong but there is no fuel anywhere. fuel pressure guage dosnt even bump or twitch so i nheed to check tonight

fuel, is there any in the tank
any lines kinked or pinched
clogged fuel filtre

anything eles to check??

car has been sitting ass up with no motor for about 2 months. fuel lines were plugged with a bolt.

joe

VaccaRabite
You at work or at home today?

1) Is there gas in the tank?
Put in some fresh gas when you get home. A good 5 gallons.
2) make sure your lines are routed right (as George said)

Are you pumping anything? I know you have a fuel pressure meter in the line, is it going anywhere? If you have gas in the tank replace the filters.

If you hear the pump running, the lines are run right, and the filter is not clogged, then you should have fuel pressure.

Oh. One more thing. When you were running the pump, did you get a strong gas smell and notice a big puddle forming?

Zach
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 22 2010, 02:47 PM) *

You at work or at home today?

1) Is there gas in the tank?
Put in some fresh gas when you get home. A good 5 gallons.
2) make sure your lines are routed right (as George said)

Are you pumping anything? I know you have a fuel pressure meter in the line, is it going anywhere? If you have gas in the tank replace the filters.

If you hear the pump running, the lines are run right, and the filter is not clogged, then you should have fuel pressure.

Oh. One more thing. When you were running the pump, did you get a strong gas smell and notice a big puddle forming?

Zach

I am at work all day.... the anticipation is killing me. if i had 30 min this morning i might be driving already wacko.gif

i will add fuel when i get home and check the routing of the lines. then i will ..

drive really really fast biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.