Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a Duh moment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Although my idle is very smooth, using MS and a compu-fire, it would change by 100rpm or so, not bouncy, just change. After fixing my clutch tube, and patching the hole, I accidentally melted the plastic around the throttle cable. Now, the old throttle cable never gave me any problems, and it "seemed" ok, but after getting the new one in, I noticed dead accurate idle. Looking at the old cable a little closer, the plastic liner had some wear marks on it, but was also really stiff. So , if your gonna fix your clutch tube, remove both cables biggrin.gif ,or chasing a idle problem replace the throttle cable.
Lennies914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 24 2010, 12:37 PM) *

Although my idle is very smooth, using MS and a compu-fire, it would change by 100rpm or so, not bouncy, just change. After fixing my clutch tube, and patching the hole, I accidentally melted the plastic around the throttle cable. Now, the old throttle cable never gave me any problems, and it "seemed" ok, but after getting the new one in, I noticed dead accurate idle. Looking at the old cable a little closer, the plastic liner had some wear marks on it, but was also really stiff. So , if your gonna fix your clutch tube, remove both cables biggrin.gif ,or chasing a idle problem replace the throttle cable.

Are you doing all this in preperation for a little trip to Tahoe?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.