Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is my car getting power?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amphiduck
So today, I finally got my 74 2.0 running with a new fuel pump after sitting for probably about 8 months. The car has one weber two barrel and the new fuel pump pushes about 3 psi. I also recently put in new rear bearings, brake calipers & rotors, and today when the car started in neutral I saw that the back left wheel was spinning (still on the jack stand with no tire). It took all of touching the rotor to make it stop, so I assume with a tire on the ground, it wouldn't spin at all.

I know that before I parked the car last fall, I had to be extra careful in shifting gears because the entire car would shudder if I tried to shift quicker than I typically do. In this case I'm pretty sure I need a new clutch/pressure plate, but will that fix the wheel spin if it is abnormal? Could the clutch have some how froze to the flywheel after sitting for some time giving the back wheels power?

This car is a daily driver, nothing fancy. Just getting closer and closer to summer and I'm ready for this thing to be on the road...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
typical they all do it. The jitter means a warped clutch disc

QUOTE(amphiduck @ Apr 24 2010, 01:37 PM) *

So today, I finally got my 74 2.0 running with a new fuel pump after sitting for probably about 8 months. The car has one weber two barrel and the new fuel pump pushes about 3 psi. I also recently put in new rear bearings, brake calipers & rotors, and today when the car started in neutral I saw that the back left wheel was spinning (still on the jack stand with no tire). It took all of touching the rotor to make it stop, so I assume with a tire on the ground, it wouldn't spin at all.

I know that before I parked the car last fall, I had to be extra careful in shifting gears because the entire car would shudder if I tried to shift quicker than I typically do. In this case I'm pretty sure I need a new clutch/pressure plate, but will that fix the wheel spin if it is abnormal? Could the clutch have some how froze to the flywheel after sitting for some time giving the back wheels power?

This car is a daily driver, nothing fancy. Just getting closer and closer to summer and I'm ready for this thing to be on the road...

McMark
Normal. Some excessively slight amount of power gets transferred because of friction.
amphiduck
Much appreciated, thanks for the info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.