Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: koni yellow help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I just picked up a set of Koni Yellow's for the rear of the car (used of course). While my Koni Red's have a 1.5 thread pitch for the threaded insert, the yellows have a 1.25. Is that normal? If so where do I get the threaded insert in a 1.25 tp?

Thanks!
yeahmag
I should mention these are labeled

Koni 8241 1050 Sport
Eric_Shea
for the rear of the car

Rears - Threaded Insert? Rears are shocks not inserts. Which threaded part are you talking about? confused24.gif
yeahmag
Correct... This is rears. The threaded insert I'm talking about is the T shaped piece that threads on to the top of the shock that has the rubber bushings on it at the top of the shock.
RJMII
I don't recall any "T" ?

do you see it in the pictures of my Koni Yellow?
Eric_Shea
I know what he's talking about. Sorry, when you said "insert" I thought you were talking about the common collar issue with inserts.

Odd. Should have come with something. I'll check to see what I have.
yeahmag
This is the piece...

Click to view attachment
914ohana
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Apr 24 2010, 04:55 PM) *

This is the piece...

Click to view attachment

I had to order that piece from Koni.... same issue, all the way from germany, but only took a couple weeks from ordering direct through Koni NA
DanT
I had the same issue when I installed these....
I retapped the aforementioned piece and then found two new nuts with the correct thread for the top...
Worked fine..
Eric_Shea
My, my, my... those look beautiful wub.gif lol3.gif

Sorry I couldn't come up with a fitting.

Mine are "almost" done. TrueChoice has been "dicking" around with them.

Film at 11:00

Hey, how do they ride?
DanT
Eric,
on full soft with the 140# rear springs they are just about like a normal 914 ride...
on full stiff, they are going to be great at the AX....
After an event I will see if I can get the balance right with just the shocks and air pressures...if not then I may look for a rear bar to get the back end to rotate. I always like a car that is a bit loose...Kind of freaks out some of my students, but that is the way I like it, especially in a low powered momentum car driving.gif driving.gif
This winter I plan on doing a little detailing on the trailing arms and associated stuff biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.