Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After market headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914Timo
Saw them first time and I have to say that they look really cool !!!!

Just like rest of you 914 Mike aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(914Timo @ Jan 22 2011, 02:19 PM) *

Saw them first time and I have to say that they look really cool !!!!

Just like rest of you 914 Mike aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Thank You! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
chuckc
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jan 21 2011, 06:07 PM) *

The gel is an Evercoat product. I get it at Kragen with my kitty hair. I mix the two to get the kitty hair to flow better and be less porous. The ABS housing is thin and has no structure once cut to fit. I build up 1/2 to 3/4 with kitty/gel. This makes it a solid piece to work with. The mix I use is 50/50 kitty/gel. This take most of the porosity out of the kitty hair and is eay to spread. I build it up before I cut anything. It really make the piece easier to work with. Dust mask needed! Keep away from where the lamp bolts into the fixture. I use L brackets with rivet nuts in them, bolted to the stock headlight mounting holes. Dry fit the brackets, then put a wad of kitty hair on the top of the brackes and place the fixture on the car. Let dry and unbolt. Brackets should be attached. Trim and re-apply kitty as needed to make nice.

Just ordered mine today and hope to have them on by spring. You're an inspiration!

Do you have any notes on the wiring?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.