Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal Woes!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
Ingnition on, Turn signals work!
Turn on running lights, no turn signals!
Turn on headlights, no turnsignals!

3 questions now:

1) What wires go where on a 72 Front turn signal?

2) What filament bulb should be in the front of a 72?

3) Was there every 2 bulbs in a turn signal for a 914? (Mine look like the turn and running lights could be split, and it's confussin me)

That's it...
Cap'n Krusty
Wiring diagrams at pelicanparts.com
The Cap'n
Mike Bellis
You did not mention if this is front, rear or both. If it's front, the trerminals may be flipped (running lights and turns reversed). If you look under the fender, you will see 3 terminals on the lense. two of these are riveted to the bottom. The third has no rivet and is the ground terminal. flip the two with rivets and try again. Your relpacemant bulb is an 1157.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
The european front t.s. assm. had two bulbs. One for running lights and one for the t.s. U.S. versions had one bulb (1157). I have split mine like the european type as other have too and some here have european t.s. buckets in their cars.

Check for the right bulb if you have the U.S. version (1157) and clean bulb socket (s) and ground...

You can check the elec. diagram here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm
wallys914
Thanks guys, I will try this and get back to you.
wallys914
last question:

Are the rear turn signals supposed to be an 1157 bulb as well? I think I just have the wrong bulbs installed...
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(wallys914 @ Apr 28 2010, 04:12 PM) *

last question:

Are the rear turn signals supposed to be an 1157 bulb as well? I think I just have the wrong bulbs installed...

1156 for the rear turn. 1157 for the brake lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.