Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I leave on a road trip tonight! Going to get MY next 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Area51werks
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 2 2010, 09:54 PM) *

I already have some plans for the interior

Allow me to exercise my clairvoyant powers once again in the same thread. Paisley.

(Thank you, thank you very much... I know... amazing. Thank you. Please no. Sit down please. Thank you.)

shades.gif Does she make you randy?
r_towle
this
Area51werks
I guess it's a good thing I stopped.

http://www.connectamarillo.com/weather/story.aspx?id=408420
jmill
QUOTE(Area51werks @ May 2 2010, 09:54 PM) *

BTW: I wanted to thank you again for the 2.0 and the bumper I got from you. As fate would have it I needed that engine more than both of us knew. It is very likely your contribution will end up helping me put this car back on the road. pray.gif

No problem. They were just taking up space here. Mine is getting a flat 6 and FG bumpers anyhow.
rick 918-S
I'm in a hotel in KS. I think I picked up a flue while traveling across country. I'm feeling better now but this afternoon I had to pull over on the freeway to barf.gif I thought I was going to die before I found a hotel I could check into. I slept and sweated out the bug. I'll be ready for the last 12 hour leg of my journey in the morning. I had an extra travel day scheduled so time wise I'm not in trouble.

The best part of this day was the trip Mike Moorman and I took to check out the progress on his Willow car at the bodyshop.

Man I wub.gif that color!

Click to view attachment
r_towle
I was about to call to see how you were doing.
Get some sleep and drive safe bud.

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 4 2010, 07:28 PM) *

I was about to call to see how you were doing.
Get some sleep and drive safe bud.

Rich

Thanks, I just forced down a couple slices of pizza. My stomich is a little raw. I think I will sleep for another couple hours and let the pizza crust soak up the acid. I managed to get 4 asprin down but I still have a headache from the barf.gif I thought my eyes were coming out of the sockets. Ok, I'l dispense with the gross stuff and let you use your imagination. shades.gif
Ferg
To bad about the barf.gif to bad you can't drink the new car
ottox914
Congrats!

You are a study in contrasts-

Live in Duluth, MN, dislike snow.
Upset stomach, eating pizza.
Own the a rare 928 powered 914, and now the berry twins.

One of these times when I'm in Duluth, (usually once a week) I need to stop by and check out your "garage Mahal" of cars and projects.
jasons
I told you I didn't eat those southwest style omelets, now you know why.
rick 918-S
Back on the road. I feel about 65% ok. This is going to be a long day.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 5 2010, 04:50 AM) *

Back on the road. I feel about 65% ok. This is going to be a long day.

Rick

I am glad you are feeling better and on your way home. There is nothing worse than being sick on the road (literally in your case - barf.gif ).

Keep thinking about my idea for transforming the old Raspberry car.....

Here is a shot of the newberry during it stopover in Kansas:
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
I'm home now. What a long day. I have to get up early and drive 180 miles to work in the morning. You would think I had enough driving for one week. driving.gif Still under the weather but on the mend. Thanks to all that checked on me today.
jmill

BTW: I wanted to thank you again for the 2.0 and the bumper I got from you. As fate would have it I needed that engine more than both of us knew. It is very likely your contribution will end up helping me put this car back on the road. pray.gif

The how cool is that saga continues. I just bought a 2.4 MFI longblock with a 7R case off of Pelican. Guess who sold it. That's righ folks, Jason. It looks like my 2.0 is going in Jasons old raspberry car and his motor is going in mine. If I only knew sooner I could have saved a couple of hundred on the shipping and had Rick drive it back up here. slap.gif There's some freaky 3 way $hit going on up in the Midwest. sheeplove.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jmill @ May 19 2010, 08:08 PM) *

The how cool is that saga continues. I just bought a 2.4 MFI longblock with a 7R case off of Pelican. Guess who sold it. That's righ folks, Jason. It looks like my 2.0 is going in Jasons old raspberry car and his motor is going in mine. If I only knew sooner I could have saved a couple of hundred on the shipping and had Rick drive it back up here. slap.gif There's some freaky 3 way $hit going on up in the Midwest. sheeplove.gif

I would have gladly hauled that for you! aktion035.gif Very cool!
rick 918-S
Oh! small up date. I shoot DuPont products. Have for 37 years. The paint for the raspberry cars are only available in Centari acrylic enamel. This is old school paint.

I plan to shoot a test panel and have it scanned with a color match camera, then have the paint custom mixed in Chroma One. This is a single stage urothane. Modern finish, easy to spray and work with.
jmill
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 19 2010, 10:07 PM) *

The paint for the raspberry cars are only available in Centari acrylic enamel.

They still make that stuff? I shot that on my race car every other week like 20 years ago. It always had orange peal and was soft as hell for weeks. It never buffed out as glossy as when first sprayed.

You ever try PPG paints? I like them but I'm no pro. I'm pretty sure they make all the old Porsche colors in single stage Urethane. I know they make Zambezi. Just priced a gallon at around $275. The guy at the counter had to do some research. He had to look up the color in an old book and get the old PPG paint code. He then used that # to cross reference the modern paint code.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(jmill @ May 19 2010, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 19 2010, 10:07 PM) *

The paint for the raspberry cars are only available in Centari acrylic enamel.

They still make that stuff? I shot that on my race car every other week like 20 years ago. It always had orange peal and was soft as hell for weeks. It never buffed out as glossy as when first sprayed.

You ever try PPG paints? I like them but I'm no pro. I'm pretty sure they make all the old Porsche colors in single stage Urethane. I know they make Zambezi. Just priced a gallon at around $275. The guy at the counter had to do some research. He had to look up the color in an old book and get the old PPG paint code. He then used that # to cross reference the modern paint code.

Ya, no. I guess it's what you get used to. Nice score on the engine.
jasons
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 19 2010, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(jmill @ May 19 2010, 08:08 PM) *

I would have gladly hauled that for you! aktion035.gif Very cool!

Pretty ironic. I didn't even post it here for sale, because I thought it was something a 911 guy would be more likely to buy.
jmill
I've been looking for a 2.4 on Pelican for months. In that time only one other has come up. It was in Canada. Taxes and shipping would have killed me.

I'm glad the sale worked out. Being a 7R case was an added bonus. w00t.gif

jasons
LOL I just looked at your progress thread. I didn't realize you were putting that green car together. I don't personally know that car, but I remember seeing it on the local craigslist. Then I believe local guy James bought it. I think he sold it to Budman. Then on to you. We should just bring a truck down here and fill it up for you guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.