Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I leave on a road trip tonight! Going to get MY next 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
First, I am purchasing a car I've wanted since I first discovered it. I have been chatting for years with the current owner about buying it. He reluctantly agreed to sell me the car. I leave tonight for AZ. When I return home I will reunite the two sisters. I can't thank the current owner enough for allowing me to own the car. I am truely excited about it.

That's all I'm sayin until you see photos.

BTW: I can't log on to the site from my Blackberry because I have a hypen in my screen name. I can't find the hypen on my Blackberry keyboard. If someone knows how to make a hypen on a Blackberry let me know.

I'm going to use a different one while I'm on the road.
Area51werks
Here's my new log in for road trips! assimilate.gif
championgt1
welcome.png lol-2.gif Good luck on getting the car home!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 30 2010, 05:23 PM) *

First, I am purchasing a car I've wanted since I first discovered it. I have been chatting for years with the current owner about buying it. He reluctantly agreed to sell me the car. I leave tonight for AZ. When I return home I will reunite the two sisters. I can't thank the current owner enough for allowing me to own the car. I am truely excited about it.

That's all I'm sayin until you see photos.

BTW: I can't log on to the site from my Blackberry because I have a hypen in my screen name. I can't find the hypen on my Blackberry keyboard. If someone knows how to make a hypen on a Blackberry let me know.

I'm going to use a different one while I'm on the road.

On my Blackberry I press "ALT & i" to get the hyphen.
FlatIV
Have you tried alt key + I ?
Eric_Shea
Did you say "Blackberry" or "Raspberry"? biggrin.gif
Area51werks
Which key is the alt key? Doesn't matter I logged in under Area51werks. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
very_first_smiley[1].gif
ravenna914.jpg ?
iamchappy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 30 2010, 07:51 PM) *

The Cats out of the Bag, it wasn't me.

Safe travels Spaceman driving.gif
jasons
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 30 2010, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 30 2010, 07:51 PM) *

Safe travels Spaceman driving.gif

Rick made me a Godfather offer..... One I couldn't refuse. So, the raspberry car will be his on Sunday. It puts my 914 life in question a little bit. I still have my red driver and I might look for something new that is turnkey and complete.
Eric_Shea

Someone said "reuniting the twin sisters" and "AZ". Not to much left for a Raspberry fan to riddle over... biggrin.gif

I still want to see that thing with flares! w00t.gif
markb
And the assimilations continue...... smile.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Area51werks @ Apr 30 2010, 08:51 PM) *

Which key is the alt key? Doesn't matter I logged in under Area51werks. biggrin.gif

the ALT key is the one that says, ah . . . . ALT.

It's under the A; hold it down and press the I and presto - a hyphen.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 30 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Area51Werks is reuniting the twin sisters!

About damn time!

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 30 2010, 06:28 PM) *

I still want to see that thing with flares!

Your wish commands my Photoshop skills!

IPB Image
SirAndy
How about in GT trim? idea.gif

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
I have that one in my screensavers. Jasons PhotoChop handy work.
jasons
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 30 2010, 07:06 PM) *

I have that one in my screensavers. Jasons PhotoChop handy work.

Actually its my GIMP handywork, but thanks for the credit!
BigDBass
I'm eagerly watching this one.
That Raspberry GT looks pretty damn nice.
Bummer your roadtrip won't take you far enough east for me to wave as you drive by!
gopack
Better luck on the weather on this trip Rick! I'm heading out to Sonoma tomorrow to see McMark, the limo, and my (hopefully) slightly damaged car!
Be carefull out there!
MoveQik
Rick,

How long will you be here? I live about 5 minutes from Jason. It would be great to hook up while you are here!

MW
Area51werks
Call me if you want to hang out 218 428 3538
jasons
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 30 2010, 10:45 PM) *

Rick,

How long will you be here? I live about 5 minutes from Jason. It would be great to hook up while you are here!

MW

Yeah Mike, c'mon by. I think Rick will be here Sun. AM.
Sleepin
Awesome! I don't think I have even seen pics of Jasons car! unsure.gif
jasons
QUOTE(Sleepin @ May 1 2010, 08:28 AM) *

Awesome! I don't think I have even seen pics of Jasons car! unsure.gif

This car is a project. Its probably the rarest of rare colors, Raspberry. And, Rick has another Raspberry 914 thats literally 1 serial number away. So they are twinsies!

See the original thread here....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=assignment

Area51werks
Getting closer.4 am and the beer is gone. I must be drunk. Holbrook is in sight
Area51werks
Made it!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Area51werks @ May 2 2010, 08:38 AM) *

Made it!

Rick,

Call me in your way through Wichita - if you need to stop we would love to see you. If you need to keep driving let me know so I can jump on the highway and drive next to you for a few miles - just to say I saw the car in person!!!

I tried to call - I hope you are resting somewhere.
jasons
Good thing this Alien showed up in AZ with papers. Green papers with Ben Franklins picture! Car hooked up and Rick is ready to turn and burn. He is pointing at the original pink color on the longs.

Click to view attachment
qa1142
Way to go Rick
Area51werks
Well I didn't get as far as I wanted to today. I was shooting for Rio Rancho for a suprise visit at Turtle Mountain Brewery to see Liz and Nico. I stopped for the night in Gallup. When the highway turned into blizzard conditions and traffic slowed to 30 mph. I figured I'd be better off starting back at it on Monday AM.

Seriously! effin SNOW! Wait til I post photos! Your going to barf.gif headbang.gif I hate effin snow! wacko.gif
anderssj
Snow?!!? It was 92 here (Yorktown VA) today . . . .

Looking forward to your pictures!
Area51werks
Ya,it was nice in Phoenix. I parked at the local Walmart to avoid plugging up the street at Jason's house until We were loading the car. Jason picked me up at 8:00 am in his DD 914 with the top off.

Click to view attachment

I hit a little snow in Flagstaff but it quit a couple miles down I40. Here is west of Gallup NM.
Click to view attachment

Area51werks
Here's the reason I pulled off the highway.

Click to view attachment
Gint
Careful out there Rick! Comin by here? If not, which way are you going?
Area51werks
QUOTE(Gint @ May 2 2010, 08:41 PM) *

Careful out there Rick! Comin by here? If not, which way are you going?

I'm on I40 I'm heading for I35. Maybe I should go north! confused24.gif screwy.gif

I can't attach more than one photo per post even resizing to 640X 480. Here's a teaser of the color! lol-2.gif
Gint
Possibility of light snow tonight, but the weather is supposed to be nice here tomorrow and for the next couple/three days.
iamchappy
Geez, Rick hate snow, your from Firking Duluth man, i cant believe a little snows going to slow you down, after all you drive around in it 10 months of the year.......

Seriously, take it slow and easy, be safe good buddy......
EdwardBlume
Nice looking car there Rick.... aktion035.gif
jasons
Holy Crap! Good thing you were wearin' Minnesota long johns Rick.

Area51werks
QUOTE(jasons @ May 2 2010, 09:01 PM) *

Holy Crap! Good thing you were wearin' Minnesota long johns Rick.

lol-2.gif Ya, I take them off July 4th and put them back on the end of August! lol-2.gif
Area51werks
QUOTE(iamchappy @ May 2 2010, 08:58 PM) *

Geez, Rick hate snow, your from Firking Duluth man, i cant believe a little snows going to slow you down, after all you drive around in it 10 months of the year.......

Ya, I have no idea why I live in the land of two seasons, Winter and Road Construction!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Area51werks @ May 2 2010, 09:08 PM) *

Ya, I have no idea why I live in the land of two seasons, Winter and Road Construction!

If you hate snow that much, just move here. We get about a month of winter, 2 months of spring and fall, and the rest of the year is summer......

I have worn shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas day (70+ degrees).

BTW.. Nice car. you gonna put the other 928 engine in it?

jmill

av-943.gif Ain't that the truth.
Eric_Shea
Here's the reason I pulled off the highway.

You just noticed it had Riv's? ohmy.gif
iamchappy
In Minnesota the 2 seasons are hunting season and fishing season, and the no insect season because they make up for it during the other season.
We are also partial to the seasons salt and pepper(not to be confused with road salt and sand seasons). It goes good on fish.
Area51werks
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 2 2010, 09:12 PM) *

If you hate snow that much, just move here. We get about a month of winter, 2 months of spring and fall, and the rest of the year is summer......

I have worn shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas day (70+ degrees).

BTW.. Nice car. you gonna put the other 928 engine in it?

Sounds good to me! You never know what cards life deals you. You just have to play the hand and live with the results.

No 928 engine in this Lil hottie! wub.gif She's getting a 2.0L with original fuel injection. I have a couple projects that have to take a front seat to this restoration. But rest assured I will give this car the attension she deserves. I already have some plans for the interior. It will pop in traditional 914 form. I can't decide on wheels. She will not be getting 5 bolts and flares. Maybe her twin sister willl get the full monty because she had such a rough life. She will need every kind of reconstruction and cosmedic surgery available in my big bag of autobody tricks. As these two cars come back togeter this is going to be a great story and adventure.
iamchappy
It already is.......
Area51werks
QUOTE(jmill @ May 2 2010, 09:14 PM) *

av-943.gif Ain't that the truth.

BTW: I wanted to thank you again for the 2.0 and the bumper I got from you. As fate would have it I needed that engine more than both of us knew. It is very likely your contribution will end up helping me put this car back on the road. pray.gif
Eric_Shea
I already have some plans for the interior

Allow me to exercise my clairvoyant powers once again in the same thread. Paisley.

(Thank you, thank you very much... I know... amazing. Thank you. Please no. Sit down please. Thank you.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.