Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70_914
Finally working on getting my engine put together, so wanted to get an idea on any pitfalls when building a stroker and big bore engine. I am sure there are plenty of people that have done this build and who may have insight. Pushrod length normal or do I need chromoly ones made? Spaces under the jugs? Spacers under the heads? Spacers under the rocker pedestals? Machine work inside the block to make it all work?

This is my first type 4 engine, but I have built 2 stock and 1 big bore type 1 engines, mazda b2200, 427 chevy hilborn injected engine, a mean little rabbit engine, my SHO v6 and a few others when I was in school. I am not looking for any basics, just anything wierd when building a type 4 bigger and better.

Thanks

Kevin
VaccaRabite
What cam?
70_914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 8 2010, 01:55 PM) *

What cam?

Delta 20 reground. Specs of a Webb 20.
Great question
McMark
The only true answer to your question is to bolt it up with stock pushrods, check the geometry. If the geometry is right, you're done. If not, you need custom pushrods.
charliew
You can just about bet when you space a cylinder jug out further and move the head out, it is logical the pushrod will need to be longer by about the same amount unless the base circle of the cam got smaller and then that let the lifter set closer to the center of the case. It will be measure as you go or buy a ready made kit and pay someone else to do the measuring for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.