Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sachs Clutch Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Well apparently I need a new clutch. I have found a clutch kit for $321.01 The brand is Sachs. It comes with Clutch, Pressure Plate, and Throw Out Bearing.

Questions are:

1. Is this a good quality cluch kit?

2. Is this about what I should pay for it?

3. What other things should I purchase at the same time? Pilot Bearing? What else?

Thank you for the replies.

Christian
detoxcowboy
#1 Yes, Absolutely
#2 Yes, Wonderfull deal.
#3 Assuming your doing it your self (see how to replace clutch link below.)

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ch_replace1.htm

New Pilot Bearing and Felt Ring
2 Throw-out Bearing Guide Clips
New Throw-out Fork Bushing
2 CV Joint Gaskets
2 Muffler Gaskets
New Flywheel O-Ring
New Flywheel Bolts
New Flywheel Metal Crush Gasket
Clutch Disc Alignment Tool
Flywheel/crankshaft seal
Cap'n Krusty
Flywheel bolts for a 914/4 are NOT a replacement item. They're big, don't take a lot of torque, have serrations to prevent them from backing out, and they're not torque to yield design.

You may also need a flywheel. If yours can safely be resurfaced, you'll need to shim the release arm pivot. It's a good idea to replace the transmission input shaft seal while you're in there.

The Cap'n
Tom
agree.gif You don't want to have to remove to replace a small item later, so do it all the first time. The while you're in there syndrome. biggrin.gif
Tom
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ May 11 2010, 11:41 AM) *

Well apparently I need a new clutch. I have found a clutch kit for $321.01 The brand is Sachs. It comes with Clutch, Pressure Plate, and Throw Out Bearing.

Questions are:

1. Is this a good quality cluch kit?

2. Is this about what I should pay for it?

3. What other things should I purchase at the same time? Pilot Bearing? What else?

Thank you for the replies.

Christian

Cost is $279.45 for the three pieces, all Sachs which is original equipment, but you usually need much more than just those three pieces to properly replace a 914 clutch and that is where every one with the so called "good deal" falls short.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.