Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's time to say "Thank You"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(black73 @ May 13 2010, 05:55 PM) *

I want to thank Al Gore for inventing the internets..... and all of you for using his invention. grouphug.gif

Here, Here! Thanks Al. Can I borrow one of your jets?
Richard Casto
Back when I first got into 914s in the late 1980's it was two 914 owners who were local to me (Southern WV region SCCA) who were very instrumental in my love for 914s. They were...

Franz Workman
Mike Dudley

Unfortunely both passed away years ago (and at early ages). Franz gave me my first ride in a 914 and Mike was always willing to help answer my endless questions. I wish I could tell them thanks today. sad.gif

This was also in the pre-internet days, so I also feel that George Hussey and Auto Atlanta was a huge help to me. I fondly remember reading and rereading the pulp paper AA catalog.

Recently it has been people such as...

Eric Shea
Rich Johnson
Mike Lesniak (Dr. Evil)

Just like RJMII, I have worked with Mike recently on learning his secrets of transmission rebuilding and will be starting up my own business in June.

Lastly the entire collective of people on this and other forums (such as Roadglue) have been great sources.

Richard
6freak
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 13 2010, 04:01 AM) *

For me it was David Said as he helped me with knowledge and parts to get my sorry ass car running and finally AXing. He has been dead for several years now but his other friends still are active in the PNW.

His red 914 was a terror on the AX track.

Chris Downing now owns that car ...but when we all see it it still thought of as dave`s car, even by Chris as well

people i want to thank everyone! but most of all my Dad and my Uncle Bob for starting this whole mess with these 6`s....How come they didnt pick farrari`s dang it
whatabout1
I have to say thanks to George Vellios. He was very smart and never did me wrong ! Sent me to allot of good people.
I have allot of his real early parts. No problems except the neighborhood was scary !

Thanks George.
DipShit
I wouldn't even own a Porsche had it not been for John Lush. THANK YOU JOHN!
avidfanjpl
Since 1976, Steve Gaglione, now of Tampa, because his Signal Yellow 914 2.0 gave me the damnable teener fever, and now that I have another one, he is the one still keeping me from steering into a ditch technically. He still has to talk me into pulling off the door panels and redoing the flap handles.

That crap just scares me. Irrational fear, but have a bad dream where the handles comes off in your hand and when you shut the door the panel hits you, and you will know what I mean. And I have 2 brand new in the box correct 73 door panels from Dr. 914 in my garage and I am still nervous.

And thanks to all of you here on this marvelous site that keep putting up with my inane questions!

I hope I always own at least one 914 that runs, or is close to running!

If there comes a time where I can't get into the car due to bad knees, I will rig a drop in seat assembly ASAP!

Thank you all!

John
avidfanjpl
BigD9146gt
Boner Dave... may you rest in boner heaven my friend.
PThompson509
Gotta say it is Sean. Wouldn't have gotten Sparky running without his help.

Click to view attachment
dashgod
I'd have to give a BIG shout out for my "brotha from a different motha"...Eyetrip. Without his help, not only would I not have a running 914, I wouldn't have one at all. Kinda scary thinking of the fun that I'd be missing.

Thanks Cory!

beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.