Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reinstalling emerg brake handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Finally getting around to putting the e-brake handle back on. New rear calipers were installed. What is the sequence for reinstalling?
1. Secure the handle to the side wall inside?
2. Try to pull the cables in far enough to attach to the swivel at the end of the cable?
OR is the reverse of this?
I tried to hook up the cables and then pull the handle to the front to its pivot peg, but it goes no where.
I never looked under the car at the firewall, but are there any "adjusters" under there that will slacken the cable to allow the handle to go back on? I thought I read somewhere sometime there are adjuster nuts near where the cable enter the firewall? Thanks for the help.
dlee6204
I'm not sure of the order off hand but you can adjust the cables to give you more slack. Its exactly as you said. Where the cable enters the firewall there are nuts on the cable that you loosen and tighten to set your slack. Here is a picture of the end of the brake cable. Hope this helps.

Click to view attachment
McMark
You need to put the cables from the rear calipers in first.
Then attach the inside 'splitter' cable to the two rear cables.
Then install the handle.

Then adjust the nuts pictured above so the calipers pull the same amount and start pulling at the same time. The 'hooks' on the inside cable should be evenly perpendicular to the cable.
EJP914
Many thanks to McMark to dlee6204 for the information and guidance. This doesn't look to be too bad of a task. Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.