Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a quick measurement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Anyone have a rotor they could measure? I need the diameter of the hat. Making wheel spacers tonight and need to know what OD to cut them to.
RJMII
I've got a rotor sitting right here in front of me... now to find a tape measure since my calpers don't go that big...

and I'm getting 168cm. want pics?
underthetire
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 18 2010, 04:08 PM) *

I've got a rotor sitting right here in front of me... now to find a tape measure since my calpers don't go that big...

Perfect! Thank you! That sounds like a good number to me. biggrin.gif
RJMII
need any others while I've got it here? OD of the hub centric lip? height of said lip?
r_towle
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 18 2010, 04:08 PM) *

168CM is 66.1417 inches. That's a SERIOUS "big brake" conversion. I'm thinking the size of some of those mining truck brakes ........................ Wonder what those wheels cost? Note this is a Carrera, says so right on the front of the bed.

The Cap'n
RJMII
I think I must have grabbed the wrong rotor, or forgot to put in my dot.

16.8CM or 168mm. I'm sure Jeff got the idea and was able to extrapotateextrapolate the correct information.
underthetire
Yes, thank you very much. My 1 1/4" hub centric front spacers are now done. Time to call eric and get some brake pads coming so I can stop this thing a little easier. I sure love having the metalworking hobby shop on tuesdays.
76-914
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 18 2010, 06:15 PM) *

16.8CM or 168mm. I'm sure Jeff got the idea and was able to extrapotateextrapolate the correct information.

Ya'll aren't going to do the extrapotato's routine again, are you?
underthetire
One more measurement if anyone has a rotor available. Looking for the thread depth for the stock lug bolts or thickness of the rotor where the studs get pressed in. beer.gif
r_towle
Cap'n Krusty

You're probably right, but my answer was more fun .......... lol-2.gif

The Cap'n
Root_Werks
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 18 2010, 09:42 PM) *

Rich, quick, what's 2+2?
effutuo101
Datsun 280z...wait, what was the question?
RJMII
Jeff, do you still need the other measurement? I can go grab my rotor again.

RJMII
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 18 2010, 10:54 PM) *

You're probably right, but my answer was more fun .......... lol-2.gif

The Cap'n

You're definitely right, your answer was more fun.

aktion035.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 19 2010, 12:52 PM) *

I could use it, but if you don't have time it's ok. I was trying to get studs on order today, but now that I discovered I no longer have any real front brakes on the way home yesterday blink.gif, i'm gonna start tearing it down tonight.
RJMII
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 19 2010, 02:54 PM) *

I could use it, but if you don't have time it's ok. I was trying to get studs on order today, but now that I discovered I no longer have any real front brakes on the way home yesterday blink.gif, i'm gonna start tearing it down tonight.

Let me know if you end up needing new rotors; I have this pair that I've been measuring for you that I have no use for. They are off of 73-76 car, and have very few miles on them. They'll need some slight surface rust scuffed off, but you can have them for cheap.

(I went 5 lug shortly after getting the car, and the had PO just had the brakes redone. He even gave me fresh receipts from pelican and the shop that did them)
underthetire
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 19 2010, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ May 19 2010, 02:54 PM) *

Let me know if you end up needing new rotors; I have this pair that I've been measuring for you that I have no use for. They are off of 73-76 car, and have very few miles on them. They'll need some slight surface rust scuffed off, but you can have them for cheap.

(I went 5 lug shortly after getting the car, and the had PO just had the brakes redone. He even gave me fresh receipts from pelican and the shop that did them)

I know I need rotors, after the pad came off it was pretty obvious. I'll PM you.
RJMII
Crude measurement:.580" on the thread depth. I'll go inches this time, since I screwed up metric last time. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.