Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Driver side front A Arm and strut assembly for late 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ConeDodger
Some of you may be aware that while driving my 914 up to WCR jcd914 encountered a bowling ball sized rock laying in the road. The collision was unavoidable and the damage is concerning but doesn't appear to be terminal.

The rock impacted the A Arm just inboard of the ball joint and there is a bend in the A Arm proximal to the impact. I am looking for an A Arm from a 75 914 to replace it. Also, the strut housing appears to be leaking the cooling oil at the bottom. We will be checking the Koni Adjustable strut to make sure it is straight and it does appear to work but we expect the housing has a crack in it. So similarly, we are looking for a 75 914 driver side front strut. Got 'em?
martin914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 19 2010, 06:05 PM) *

Some of you may be aware that while driving my 914 up to WCR jcd914 encountered a bowling ball sized rock laying in the road. The collision was unavoidable and the damage is concerning but doesn't appear to be terminal.

The rock impacted the A Arm just inboard of the ball joint and there is a bend in the A Arm proximal to the impact. I am looking for an A Arm from a 75 914 to replace it. Also, the strut housing appears to be leaking the cooling oil at the bottom. We will be checking the Koni Adjustable strut to make sure it is straight and it does appear to work but we expect the housing has a crack in it. So similarly, we are looking for a 75 914 driver side front strut. Got 'em?

Hi i have two set for sale powdercoated in black $40.00 a pair check my add in the classified.thanks.Martin
bdstone914
I got you covered. Giving you a call now.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 19 2010, 06:24 PM) *

I got you covered. Giving you a call now.

Bruce,
It has to be late model I guess. I got your message. I bet shipping will give me pain though...
Jakeodoule
I have one you can have for free, you pay shipping.
Off of a 75. Could get it pulled by the end of next week.
John
strawman
What happened to the set I traded a 12-pack for? Will those not work?
Geoff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ May 20 2010, 04:26 PM) *

Geoff

Forgot. Are the early or late? I need late and I need a strut housing.
strawman
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 20 2010, 08:45 PM) *

Geoff

They're off my late '73. I tossed the strut housings, since no one responded to my pleas to take 'em off my hands!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ May 21 2010, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 20 2010, 08:45 PM) *

Geoff

They're off my late '73. I tossed the strut housings, since no one responded to my pleas to take 'em off my hands!

Well then, I will check them for swaybar tabs and blast them and PCoat them. By the way, now that the struts are gone, I will take them off your hands. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.