Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got back from Don and Glenn's....no Don, But
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Joe Bob
wub.gif

Hot in the sun, did some selling, did some buying, came home with a little more $$ in my pockets than I left with.....Glenn put on a barbeque, met some listers that I have been trading threads with....vegas racer, red beard, dave darling, the ever popular toast, 415PB and his wife....the 2056 did not sell....but it called to Rod....BUY ME... while the wife held her hands over his ears.....

Life is good....

Others in attendance....Grumpy/Ginter, Sammy was there with his turbo 911 SC, Steve Malm in his wife's vette, Slits, and many more.....good turnout.
415PB
Mike, my wife was definately holding her ears, saying..no, not another motor. On the way home she told me that she was glad that you did not moon her laugh.gif It was nice meeting everyone there, real nice people.
bernbomb914
how soon you forget and after I spent all that money

Bernie
Joe Bob
aktion035.gif Oh yeah....I got ten bucks outta the old fart....
Red-Beard
Not bad at all. I left with less stuff than I came with.

And Sean bought another car...
VegasRacer
Great Event. clap56.gif Thanks to our host Glen. beerchug.gif
I got to see some old friends, make some new ones and meet some 914Club celebrities. I sold more than enough junk rare 914 parts to pay for the trip, plus make up for taking the day off work. I would guess the total attendance was 80 people. There were about 12 guys selling parts. I think there were around 20 teeners there, most of them were VERY NICE and quite a few sixes. A few tail draggers, one lone 356 plus a couple with Zora Arkus-Duntov body kits.

Here are a few shots of the action.
VegasRacer
Let's make a deal.
VegasRacer
Checking out a sweet 6.
VegasRacer
What are they all looking at?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 4 2004, 05:59 PM)
What are they all looking at?

This clean machine.
Red-Beard
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 4 2004, 05:56 PM)
Let's make a deal.

Yeah, but he didn't buy anything....

I know cause I re-loaded that horn! :finger2:
VegasRacer
Our host - the chef, and some hungry guys.
VegasRacer
Mike Zois shows his good side.
VegasRacer
A Toast sandwich.
VegasRacer
Telling lies and cracking jokes.
SLITS
QUOTE(415PB @ Apr 4 2004, 04:08 PM)
Mike, my wife was definately holding her ears, saying..no, not another motor. On the way home she told me that she was glad that you did not moon her laugh.gif It was nice meeting everyone there, real nice people.

MikeZ wasn't biting today - prolly took to much Prozac. lol3.gif
weird_looking_cactus
Dang I wish I was there. I would of been all over the parts. I really need a 914 parts car. But my 914 is the very first one I have ever seen so doubt I will find another anytime soon.
Red-Beard
Uh - grab a trailer and come to San Diego....It's sitting in Mike's backyard...
weird_looking_cactus
Heck I would come to san diego only:

If I had a truck
I had a trailer
I was older then 16 sad.gif

GAHH BEING YOUNG SUCKS
Red-Beard
Being old sucks more.

But don't worry, you'll find out! blink.gif
Malmz
Glens event is getting bigger and better. Good to see everybody as always. There were a few very sweeeeet (read high $$$$) 914s there.

sm
Kevin@ojai.net
Steve,

Your missing a "C" in CSOBCOSC...

-Kevin
Fellow, CSOB
Malmz
Nawwww, it's too set in concreate over the past 6 years or so as is, the "club" is given. BTW, my hat is already made! wink.gif

sm
markb
I keep tellin' myself I need to start a central coast chapter. Waddya think, Steve?
CSOBOCC
Gint
I finally made it home myself about 45 minutes ago. Pics later. I need a nap.

SLITS was there? I want to meet this character. Did I and not realize it?

I didn't realize that was toast either. At least we got some pics to go with names. skline is in that shot as well.

Great seeing old friends and meeting some new guys. I got a nice tan out of it too.
Joe Bob
Yeah he was there....looked like Bernbomb....only uglier....
mightyohm
Hey James, sorry I missed out on the swap, I was looking forward to seeing you and Mike and Sean there... I flaked out at the last minute. Looks like it was a good one. sad.gif

Next time!!!
SpecialK
agree.gif

With any luck!

If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself happy11.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Apr 4 2004, 07:19 PM)
Being old sucks more.

"Be good to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone!"

Maybe if I'd'a been nicer to mine, I could'a helped Glen push that other non-running 951 back into the lot. (Yes, there was another one in addition to the red one you-all helped him with.)

Got to meet Toast's Pappy (inventor of the "blue flame seat heater") again, and finally met Toast in person. Even met Jason's (from Pelican) new wife. smile.gif

Good to see everyone again. I'll have to show up to at least a few more of these. Heck, maybe I'll even be able to show in a 914 some day? (Yeah right!)

Pics, hopefully, to follow later today. Yes, Z--even your next avatar.

--DD
SLITS
QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 5 2004, 07:49 AM)
Yeah he was there....looked like Bernbomb....only uglier....

Hah, you can see my ass if you look carefully in one of the pics. Only slightly uglier than MikeZ's mug. boldblue.gif, but definitely smells better lol3.gif
Malmz
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 5 2004, 06:57 AM)
I keep tellin' myself I need to start a central coast chapter. Waddya think, Steve?
CSOBOCC

Chapters are available for a dollar..... Paypal me................. smile.gif
415PB
Some pics.......
415PB
pics..
415PB
pics.....
Brad Roberts
NICE. The black 6 is sporting a 3.6 and a 915.

B
Dave_Darling
Dave's pics.
Dave_Darling
Nice blue Four, IIRC.
Dave_Darling
"See the little teeners, all in a row..."
Dave_Darling
I'll give ya just one guess whose motor that is.... wink.gif
Dave_Darling
If you're completely asleep and need a hint, herre's one...
Dave_Darling
Some 1.7 SSIs... Someone got them for a very good price, as I recall!
Dave_Darling
Flip-flops and WWI pilot helmet. Wonder who that is?
Dave_Darling
Someone's jun... I mean, "quality preowned parts". wink.gif
Dave_Darling
The rest of their stuff. yes, that was a heated rear window in front of the white lid. Us west coasters don't see them that often...
Dave_Darling
Oooh! Shiney!! (Reminder to self: Get some spray-chrome-like stuff for your own turn signal buckets. They won't be original, but they might be almost as shiney as these!)
Dave_Darling
1.7 intake stuff. I think the stuff on the snorkel of the air cleaner makes it a 72, specifically.
Dave_Darling
Fan, with timing marks.
Dave_Darling
Interesting custom interior bits. (Wrong patterns for the 75-only white interior.)
Dave_Darling
"Universal" fan--it appears to have both the L-jet timing mark (7.5 BTDC, 1.8 L only) and the D-jet timing mark (27 deg BTDC; 1.7 and 2.0) on it.
Dave_Darling
Tail-shift end cover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.