Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glad to be alive...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DuckRyder
Of course it varies even stateside, but in most cases,

If the driver has insurance it would extend to a car he was driving, as primary if the car was not insured for the damage, or as excess if it was not sufficently insured.

As you say things are diffrent in Urrope, but it's worth checking into.

Hope it works out.......
Mueller
glad to know you are okay......the water scares the heck out of me...there are some roads I drive on that if you go off you'll end up in the drink and if you don't get out, they may never find you until they dredge the canal..............

makes me want to change my cars over to manual operated windows smile.gif
Jenny
Jeroen,

I'm so sorry to read about your escapade over the weekend. And really grateful you are alright. wub.gif You're surprisingly level-headed about it. It's harder when the fault lies with someone else. It's much easier to beat yourself up over it than to beat your friend up. headbang.gif I think it's awesome your first concern was for both of your safety. It's always assumed that safety comes first, but sometime the shock is enough to just dumbfound you. Anyway, I'm glad you and your friend are okay, and I'm sure Zoey and mom are counting their blessings.

Take care!!

Jenny
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jenny @ Apr 5 2004, 08:34 AM)
Jeroen,

I'm so sorry to read about your escapade over the weekend. And really grateful you are alright. wub.gif You're surprisingly level-headed about it. It's harder when the fault lies with someone else. It's much easier to beat yourself up over it than to beat your friend up. headbang.gif I think it's awesome your first concern was for both of your safety. It's always assumed that safety comes first, but sometime the shock is enough to just dumbfound you. Anyway, I'm glad you and your friend are okay, and I'm sure Zoey and mom are counting their blessings.

Take care!!

Jenny

hummm does this look familiar?......... cool_shades.gif
Jenny
Alright, that's enough out of you! stfu.gif It should only look familliar if I'd let Brian drive my car and he wrecked it. As it was, I drove my car and wrecked it with him inside. I felt terrible, and am still amazed he rides with me.

Jen
SirAndy
well, the car does look cleaner now that it has seen some water. wink.gif

sorry dude, just trying to get a smile on your face.
wavey.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Ouchie!! sad.gif

As everyone else is, I am very happy to hear that you and your friend are both OK.

--DD
Jeroen
First of all, thank you all for your kind words and messages.
It may sound weird, but it helps...

We were pretty shook up by it.
But strangely I always kept it in mind I coudt get a phonecall like this,
luckily he called him self, I'm so happy he is sitting right next to me and thanking god or what ever there is on
my knees. pray.gif
We have the car on videotape because we got married in it, so its a nice memory.

Hopefully he will now work his assoff at the 914 so we can dive it in a short time. laugh.gif

thanks,

Christie
(by the way, these are NOT my boobs... Jeroen is a scumbag biggrin.gif)
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 5 2004, 01:25 PM)
Ouchie!! sad.gif

As everyone else is, I am very happy to hear that you and your friend are both OK.

--DD

agree.gif
Uncle Richy
All I can say is, Bummer.
Sometimes these things work for the better.
Lets hope you have good insurance.
Gint
Isn't it wierd how calm you can be about something like this despite what you think you might do before it actually happens.

I'm glad you're both OK Jeroen. It is a shame about the 911, but it's only a car. Time to crank on the 914? What do you need for it?
Bleyseng
Hi Christie clap56.gif
Hope you are doing well and now you and Jeroen can take nice walks around town to pass the time.

Give Zoey a big hug for me too!

Time for Jeroen to get the 914 running and out of the garage! Boy, I sure am glad he is ok, but that's why you install a cage, for all that extra safety.
Jeroen has to remember that 911 engine don't like nor need water cooling cool_shades.gif

Good chance that the engine is ok, Jeroen but have the owner at Van Der Gugten look at it before you junk it
Ok, now that everyone has read this thread. Here is a family shot of them.
Bleyseng
Jeroen, maybe you can go over to the dark side....I heard this car was for sale. Should be cheap as its just a 924 and seats four!

Geoff wink.gif
EdwardBlume
Dude. Sorry about your ride. Someday, a long time from now, you'll laugh about it.

The sooner you can laugh the better.

I'm glad you are both OK.
aircooledboy
"Dude, we can fix it. My dad is a TV repair man. He has an awesome set of tools"
Jeff Spiccolli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

YIKES!! Sorry about your loss. It really does remind us all how easily we forget the slightest lapse can result major doodoo for the unaccustomed driver. I am glad all are well. Cars can be replaced, people can't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.