Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock 2.0L muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
anyone have some pics of a stock muffler...
directly from above and also from below...
one directly from the back would be great also...
want to do some photoshop work on one with some ideas I have.

thanks biggrin.gif
JimN73
Dan, I can only get one picture - from the bottom. If you're at Infineon this Saturday you can look, measure and photgograph all you want.

Jim
DanT
won't be at Sears....will be making a quick run to my daughter's house in Auburn...
dropping off some stuff for her and checking the (hers) wedding venue. She and her fiance bought a huge house built in 1907 and they always are doing stuff to it and we are taking them some stuff to fill the thing up.
any pics you can get would be great Jim. thanks
DanT
perfect, thanks biggrin.gif
DanT
thinking about this... biggrin.gif

twin piped in this general layout...SS pipes of about 8-10" in length..
DanT
ooppsy... biggrin.gif
McMark
Contact jgara962. He just pulled one of those off his car and won't be reusing it.

That'll sound really nice on your new 2270. happy11.gif
DanT
thanks Mark.. I dropped him a PM.... smile.gif
EdwardBlume
In the pictures, what'd you use to treat / prep it? and coat it? This is on my list...
DanT
Rob, the pic I am using is not my muffler.

I plan on doing a complete media blast if I find what I am looking for and then I will decide on what high temp paint I will use...SS twin pipes.
I may have a line on one that is already done... biggrin.gif
McMark
High temp BBQ paint has done well for me. If you have a new muffler, remove all the primer down to bare metal. If you have an old muffler, wire wheel all the rust scale, then treat with Metal Ready, then paint. Mufflers are more likely to die from the inside out, so the outer coating isn't the common point of failure as long as quality products and prep are used.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(McMark @ May 26 2010, 03:36 PM) *

High temp BBQ paint has done well for me. If you have a new muffler, remove all the primer down to bare metal. If you have an old muffler, wire wheel all the rust scale, then treat with Metal Ready, then paint. Mufflers are more likely to die from the inside out, so the outer coating isn't the common point of failure as long as quality products and prep are used.

Awesome. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.